So what are your expectations for Alien:Covenant (Prometheus 2)? Do you think it´ll return the franchise to old form?

So what are your expectations for Alien:Covenant (Prometheus 2)? Do you think it´ll return the franchise to old form?

Plot is basically
>colony ship finds LV-426
>David the synthetic is the only "survivor" there
>crew expects it to be a habitable planet
>shit hits the fan

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rzI3AdpA9e4&index=4&list=PL7F73D4D03FDCD645
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

wait isnt shaw in the next one?

I'm expecting and hoping that David is going to be serving as something of a protector of the eggs on the planet, and smuggle them onboard the ship.
This'll only be revealed towards the end of the movie, that he was responsible for the xenomorphs getting onboard in the first place. He'll reveal it to like the last chick survivor or something.

>I want to be able to predict everything that will happen
stop

>I want to be able to predict everything that will happen
I never wanted this power.

>>David the synthetic is the only "survivor" there

How? I know he and Dr. Shaw left the planet but the only way they could be on LV426 is if they were the crashed ship from the first Alien film, but in Alien there was an Engineer in the navigation chair.

Also, where did the alien eggs all come from?

Noomi Rapace won´t be in Prometheus 2 so unless they changed the actress for Shaw she won´t be in it. They´ll probably find her corpse though.

Oh and guess which company sent the colony ship in that direction.

Actually i fucked up with the OP, i don´t know if it´ll be on LV-223 or LV-426.

why isnt Noomi in it? i don't think she's so busy she would have to turn down a big budget, high profile project like this

probably trying to ditch it and save her career from another embarrassment

it's the only high profile american movie she's been in, and the sequel is her only realistic chance at being in another one before she's too old

Apparently Scott wanted an all-new cast. He wanted her to have a small role at first but then cut her completely. Only David´s severed head will be in Covenant and maybe Shaw´s corpse.

they've turned the mysterious space jockey into a buff dude. I don't even want to know what great origin story they're going to come up with for the xeno.

Well they obviously can´t keep up with Giger´s design. Still that milky-white Bodybuilder was terribly unimaginative.

voldermort made some fat gains

she's been replaced by a new lead character played by Katherine Waterston

Jeez that´s revealing as hell.
Is Voldemort natty?

That's a brave suit, so brave. Also, I expected them to reach the engineers' home planet, full of Eldritch stuff and Lovecraftian impossible shit and fucked up physics, now turns out it's some shitty slasher flick with the big bad being a fucking severed head. Gonna be campy as fuck, Ridley has gone completely senile

>Ridley "I stole the baby Metroid" Scott announces new movie to be loosely tied with Alien
>WHOOO! We're getting a prequel from the master himself!
>N-no, it just takes place in the same univ-
>I can't wait to see the Alien again!
>Well actually, it has nothing to do with-
>Hey guys, did you hear Ridley's making an ALIEN PREQUEL?
I feel bad for Scott, I really do. Movie was kinda disappointed but I still enjoyed it and I was really excited about the idea. We'll see how this one goes.

Pretty sure they always had it in mind that they were humanoid underneath all that.

>How do you like your neckline?
>Just fuck my shit up, family

sex

>Pretty sure they always had it in mind that they were humanoid underneath all that.

pretty sure the space jockey was just some weird creature giger came up with while being high on opium. it wasn't a dude in a suit.

It's going to be easy on the eyes and shit on the plot, just like prometheus was.

I hope there's nudity

The space jockey in the original Alien is actually Shaw inside an engineer suit

Yeah IIRC from the comic series they were very much like pachyderms under the armor

Good nips desu senpaitachi.

Has Ridley Scott lost his way?

he's a very uneven director, just look at his mediocre 90's films

The movie was supposed to be a pre-quel to Alien. And then a few months before it came out they said Ridley claimed it was a spin-off.

Then when the movie came out it was absolute garbage. Then I discovered the writer was a "Jew", so all the anti-white shit in the movie made sense.

Then, all the try-hards on Youtube doing "Prometheus movie explained" videos, trying to explain away the shit writing, the huge plot holes and basic retardation on the movie turned me off even more.

They've already admitted that they put ancient alien garbage in the movie, and tried to imply that Lord Jesus Christ was an alien.

So now they're trying to milk this 'franchise' even more by making a second movie to try and fill the plot holes and other stupid shit from the first one.

Why do you even care about these movies? They are terrible. Why couldn't they do a 10 minute google search about the space jockeys and come up with something more original and interesting than 'muh white aryan evil engineers in elephant space suits'?

Boring, 0/10.

>pre-quel
What did he mean by this?

Nice find. Find the other.

the rumor is that Fassbender tried to grope and hit on her a lot on the Prometheus set so she doesn't want to work with him again

>the mysterious space jockey

still better than this

did he do the same to Katherine on the set of Steve Jobs?

Prometheus was a great flick, say what you want about the writing but visually it was nothing less than a masterpiece, there was great ideas in this film and the music was pretty good too.

youtube.com/watch?v=rzI3AdpA9e4&index=4&list=PL7F73D4D03FDCD645

I am excited to see it, really.

>its another a bunch of dudes get rekt by a xenomorph again

Boring

Why did they change the name from Paradise to Alien:Covenant? Is Alien 5 still being made?

after Chappie I hope blowcamp is never allowed out of africa again

>implying any woman would turn down fassy

I can see where Ridley was going with them, they are meant to be angels, literally Godlike and damn, when it got angry for being woken up it was pretty scary desu.

Alien 5 is shelved until 2017, next in the production order, basically waiting for Alien: Covenant to be completed.
Sigourney will probably be in it, Newt will be in it and apparently according to Wikipedia, Bill Paxton might be reprising his role as Hudson.

lol what in the fuck is she wearing

Prometheus had decent plot, i prefer it to the previous aliens.
What i didn't like was the choice of having some people in the top elite scientists and shit be complete morons..
With this said, comfy movies about space etc? Having some kind of base and a group of people isolated from the rest of the universe is a plus.

it will be the attack of the clones to prometheus's phantom menace

The Martian would fit, but I didn't like it much.

>What i didn't like was the choice of having some people in the top elite scientists and shit be complete morons..

To a certain extent I agree but after some revision and watching the film a few times I have this headcanon that these scientists aren't the best in the world at what they do, but the best they could get who were willing to do this mercenary work for some rich white dude and disappear half way across the Universe for dollar.
Noomi had her reasons for going of course so she was the only competent one really.

dude self-abortion lmao

Why is David even evil in the first place

Outside of Alien: Isolation the entire franchise has been dead to me since 1986. It's been one shitty movie after another, each worse than the last. I am a MASSIVE fan of the first 2 movies, and am so disappointed in what Fox has done with it for 30 years that I have 0 expectations that, Ridley or not, it'll be anything other than a dumpster fire.

Because the movie needed an antagonist before they woke the engineer up.

Is Alien 3 Assembly Cut worth checking out?

>Prometheus had decent plot
>i prefer it to the previous aliens.

>Roger Ebert gave the film 4 out of 4 stars, labeling it a "seamless blend of story, special effects and pitch-perfect casting, filmed in sane, effective 3-D that doesn't distract." Ebert wrote that Rapace's performance "continues here the tradition of awesome feminine strength begun by Sigourney Weaver in Alien", but considered that Elba's Janek has the most interesting character evolution. Ebert thought that the plot raises questions and does not answer them, which made the film intriguing and parallel to the "classic tradition of golden age sci-fi".[219] He later went on to name it as one of the best films of 2012
Roger Ebert on Prometheus.

Couldn't be worse.

I had the idea that he was doing whatever it takes to get the answers.

no it fucking isnt

>previous aliens: group x of people find an alien, shit goes down
>prometheus: group of people goes at the borders of the universe to find the race wich made humans and aliens, you have characters that want to find them for the sake of knowing, others because they are about to die, when shit goes down it's a 3 party game, instead of 2

>colony ship finds LV-426
[Citation Needed]

Keep your Space Alf thanks.

Lel. I have that comic. The engineers float about and capture newborn aliens in glass jars. Pretty cool desu. Much better than muh big guy human creator

The only reason Prometheus was any good was because it didn't have the Memeomorphs except for the final scene.

>people complaining about Ridley Scott ruining Space Jockey
>Ridley Scott created the Space Jockey

Thos desu.

>people complaining about George Lucas ruining Star Wars
>George Lucas created the Star Wars

Would you guys be alright with the Engineers basing their suits and helmets off the original Space Jockey race of creatures? Maybe they'd be the Engineer's creators.

The Space Jockey in alien had teeth and tusks under that head afterall.

but alf is already from space

Can some give me a tldr of prometheus.
I haven't watched it.
Looks boring. But I want to know the important stuff

There is no important stuff.

>aliens create humanity
>humanity takes to the skies
>humanity meets alien creators
>alien creators dont like humans
>drama
>roll credits

we are the disappointing children of space aliens, and they wanted to wipe the slate clean by turning us into rad penismonsters

Literally the worst retcon since Zeist.

>Scott announces new movie to be loosely tied with Alien

Yeah, no. The project started out and was announced as a straight up Alien. It only became its own shitty spin-off thingie when they let Lindelof fuck around with the script and he made it "less Alien".

>Pretty sure they always had it in mind that they were humanoid underneath all that.

Jesus, fuck no. It wasn't even in the pre-Lindelof script.

>a straight up Alien

prequel, I mean. Alien prequel.

listen up its going to be utter shit because of Blomkamp, there is no hope

This.

>Alien Covenant. Directed and produced by Ridley Scott.
>Shit because of Blomkamp.

>Maybe they'd be the Engineer's creators.

So the whole franchise would turn into a circlejerk of creating? Maybe they could get Stephen King to direct the next one and have AC/DC's "Who Made Who" blast on the soundtrack from beginning to end.

Kek

I want Aliens to be scary again.

It'd be so easy, all they have to do is drop the retarded pig squeaks and elephant noises and make them sneaky and silent again.

>hear about Alien Isolation
>creepy survivor horror copying the original movie's atmosphere
>game of the year scariest shit you'll ever play m8 10/10
>holy shit maybe, just maybe someone got it right this time
>start watching gameplay
>HURR SQUEEE HISSSH RRRRR everytime the thing appears

meh.

>Why is David even evil in the first place
He's the whitest person they could find.

Alf is from Melmac

after all the albinos running around in the movie of course

This alone is enough for me not to want to see it when it comes out.

>turning down the Fassbender's baguette cock
Yeah, that didn't happen.

I really wanted Prometheus 2, not Alien 0.5.

Like I've seen Alien stories with Xenos and facehuggers and eggs.

Complain about Lindelof all you like but at least he tried to do something new

I'm 12 and who is this??

I forgot smart people never do dumb things. Especially not under high stress.

Prometheus was perfect

Fuck you. I'm never going to forgive Ridley Scuck for indirectly robbing Del Taco from adapting At The Mountains of Madness again.

I don't always agree with Ebert but he nails this

the female lead in Alien: Covenant

Wait, wait, are Covenant and Alien 5 two different movies? What the fuck

Not wanting based sharlto copley running sbout shouting about fookin prawns

Yooooooooooo

>>HURR SQUEEE HISSSH RRRRR everytime the thing appears
Not to mention stomping around the place, you could hear the beast a mile away with those heavy feet walking through the corridors

It'll be neither... It'll be the engineer home world... Paradise

Because he was following instuctions from old man Weyland. At one point in the film he's talking to Weyland in his dreams, Weyland was probably Lucid Dreaming and when Vickers asks what did he say, David responds with "Try harder."
It's after this that David drops the thing in the guys drink, so I got the impression he was simply taking orders from Weyland.

Exactly, it isn't LV-223 or LV-426, it's going to be a new one. The Engineer's home planet.
Please get your facts straight before posting.

Yep.
Two films.

he resented the humans, but especially his dad old man Weyland, for basically creating him and insisting he wasn't a real boy

old man weyland sees david like the engineers see humans, and david represents how cynical you'd be if you knew your god made you because it could, perhaps out of pure ego, and just saw you as a thing