Are guys ready for Half-Life Cinematic Universe?

Are guys ready for Half-Life Cinematic Universe?

*Are you guys

> Gordon Freeman is a non speaking character

how can this gameshit possibly fail?

only Ryan Gosling is suitable.

STARRING IDRIS ELBA AS GORDON FREEMAN

Someone post the alien dogwolf-whatever

>just a clothing designer
>claims she freezes under stress
>immeadiately reacts after being kidnapped
>reaches cellphone despite being chained to a wall
>makes weapon out of crutch
>designs hazmat suit out of a shower curtain
>takes out an alien battleshit with a bottle of wine and a match

Fuck, and people thought Rey is a Mary Sue.

5 minutes of "The Crazies" type shit
10 minutes of generic alien invasion monster type shit
85 minutes of "muh choleric edgy john goodman"

I didn't sign up for this shit.

Watching as we speak

Making Gordon Freeman a side main character while the movie focuses on Barney Calhoun and Adrian Shephard

The xen part, should only be Gordon dealing with xen creatures for the last 30 minutes or more
Think about it, trippy world shit + chill ambient music + Gordon who is a non speaking character

It would make a great ending

You mean the Cloverfield cinematic universe, which includes Half Life and Portal

someone post pic of the aliens

Stop.

And LOST

Also Super 8

This

The phone was fine
The crutch was shit anyway
She should have just died as the homemade hazmat suit does nothing.
It would have rounded off the film nicely and given being held prisoner earlier more weight.

7 Hour war would be better

Where is this "Cloverfield is related to Half Life and Portal" meme coming from?

>reaches cellphone despite being chained to a wall
OMG SJW PROPAGANDA #TRUMP2016

Her straight up dying after finally managing to escape would have been a far superior ending.

it's just speculative and most of it could be coincidence but:

Combine ships
Hondeyes
Vent crawling
(very) vague resemblence of the hazmat suit
Mercy Hospital from L4D on the radio at the end

Nothing you see when you play any Half-Life game even remotely resembles the alien spaceships and alien dog-thing you see in 10CL.

Half-Life did not invent vent-crawling.

Plenty of hospitals are named mercy, and even then, Half-Life does not share an universe with Left 4 Dead.

Overall, I'll give you a one out of ten for the generic grasping at straws from a dumb fanboy trying to see things that simply are not there.

>that ending

How can you fuck up so badly.

There's nothing wrong with Trump being the president but the people who think Michelle is a feminist mary sue are dumb as fuck.

What was so bad about it?

I think about it because JJ abrams is trying to make Cloverfield some cinematic universe

I'm thinking he'll make some connections with Half Life or Portal

>I think about it because JJ abrams is trying to make Cloverfield some cinematic universe

JJ Abrams has never said that anywhere, the only thing he has said regarding the Portal and the Half-Life movies is that they are still working on a script.

The only thing that supports that bum-fuck stupid theory is the ending of 10 Cloverfield Lane, and even them it makes no sense for the woman to the radio to say that they were winning, since in Half-Life the Combine absolutely crush all of the earth's forces in 7 hours, and then install their own form of global government.

The people in Bad Robot already said that this Cloverfield thing is going to be something similar to Twilight Zone, with each episode being in it's own little universe, and the only thing those universes have in common are some companies and brands, like Slusho!, which is in pretty much every single Bad Robot production, expecept for LOST

oh shiet

I would like to see this franchise go further, make small budget horror and thriller films that get massive releases due to name recognition. I do agree with Amy Nicholson that by naming it "Cloverfield" it does spoil that there's a supernatural or alien element instead of leaving it ambiguous - like it would be if it was called "The Cellar" - but I think that it's a price worth paying to see this type of movie hit bank.

It should've went like this.
>gets outside
>lifeforms are mutated and horrible-looking
>she molotovs the woman who by now has become some Resident Evil-tier monstrosity
>the woman was screaming 'help me!' as she was attacking and making fucked up noises for extra spoops
>she hears voices on the radio, thinks she hears 'Houston' through the static
>fuck it, lets go
>driving through
>it's bombed-out, fires, gunfire, explosions and screaming out in the distance
>smoke is like a fog
>things run in front of the car
>sounds like the Cloverfield parasites
>she gets to a military checkpoint >everyone is dead
>turns on radio once again
>turns out the message was 'do not go to Houston, military forces have lost control of the area
>ground rumbles
>giant footsteps
>Clover scream
>MEW looks terrified
>cut to black

All I could think of while watching this movie at the cinema was hurrying home to jack off to MEW.

HL3 when

Or does HL3 symbolically represent something else

Why the fuck was this called Cloverfield?

holla holla get dolla

i liked the ending, humanity fighting back and winning is always cool.

Shoulda have ended with her seeing the ship and going "come on" then black and end credits fampai.