Ambient/Drone/Noise/"Experimental" Musician General

Welcome to the thread where producers of more inaccessible genres can share their stuff and get feedback from others in the same musical ballpark as them.
>Post your music
>Talk about how you make your music
>brag about your gear
>critique other people's stuff and maybe find some gems
>talk about your inspirations, favorite musicians, favorite albums
>make friends, do collabs.

Other urls found in this thread:

erictaxxon.bandcamp.com/album/majic
omchaki.bandcamp.com/album/inhibitor-what-is-music-they-ask
clyp.it/wpnsczl4
youtube.com/watch?v=5QdS0qb907k
museumofskin.bandcamp.com/album/flesh-world
soundcloud.com/assassinateronaldreagan/sets/experimental-flight-recording
worrywart.bandcamp.com/album/thank-you-for-coming-back-to-me
youtube.com/watch?v=qJLA4qdKlFw
windowlistener.bandcamp.com/
soundcloud.com/yamie420666/tyre-fyre-verbs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anyone here doing Nothing but Noise December?

erictaxxon.bandcamp.com/album/majic

short ep of feedback loops and synths and some piano improv as well

Pls post some music anons. I want ambient friends
>post your music
soundcloud.com/stora-kronan/the-colossus
>Talk about how your make your music
I've been messing with a guitar tuned in all fifths. Using a violin or cello bow can yield some cool results. Also if you have a delay that can get into the 5+ second range, Google Frippertronics and check out tutorials on how to make music in that way. Cool stuff.
Just started listening. The cracking noises on the first track remind me a lot of the sounds on Homotopy To Marie by Nurse With Wound, I like it.
Probably won't do the "nothing but" part, but will definitely get a shitton of noise albums. I want to get into more wall noise.

I've made ambient music, its very melodically focused though.

Your track is nice, I like the weird piano shaped drones.

Yeh I guess when I want to make ambient music I tend more towards the droney side (Stars Of the Lid, William Basinski, Eliane Radigue are big influences right now). Digging your EP, really like We Heard Screaming, that's some intense shit.

omchaki.bandcamp.com/album/inhibitor-what-is-music-they-ask

New project of mine of digital synthesis/cellphone recording free improvisation called Enguerrand. Lots of high frequencies.

>erictaxxon.bandcamp.com/album/majic
This is quite nice, and the beats on Fairyland are a nice touch.

Followed. The Collosus is super super pretty. Reminds me a bit of Gordon Ashworth/Concern.

anyone mind listening to this wip?

forgot to link
clyp.it/wpnsczl4

Those scraping noises are tearing into my soul, nice work.

youtube.com/watch?v=5QdS0qb907k

> concrète

What's better than Tim Hecker's virgins

>Post your music
museumofskin.bandcamp.com/album/flesh-world
picking apart sounds from videogames/obscure funk

Some good tension building. A lot of the sounds you use are great, super ominous sounding. Don't know how I feel about that lead synth in the latter half of the track though.
Oh man this is great. What is cellphone recording/how do you make this stuff? Love that groove you developed around the 3:30 minute mark on Inhibitor. Thanks for the follow. Followed as well.
Seriously can't find an album that does granular synthesis and electro-acoustic processing as well as that album. The way the pianos create angular rhythms is just amazing. I would check Melancholia by William Basinski for more cool piano stuff.
Nice, how do you make it? Do you do OG manipulation of tape type concrete or something else?

soundcloud.com/assassinateronaldreagan/sets/experimental-flight-recording
just some ambient sounding stuff mixed in with some rather harsh stuff
only like 3 minutes so tell me if it's worth anything

Interesting, you really make the muddyness of it work if thats what you were going for.

worrywart.bandcamp.com/album/thank-you-for-coming-back-to-me

Loop based drone in bite sizes. I sometimes call it 'cinematic ambient' but that sounds a bit silly, maybe 'dvd menu ambient' is really what I mean

I *love* this. It's like a warm quilt

The idea was to be equal parts comfortable and artificial so i got part of that down

>post your music
youtube.com/watch?v=qJLA4qdKlFw
>talk about how you create your music.
Usually when I'm feeling strong emotion. I do it by playing instruments.

hey guys

windowlistener.bandcamp.com/

Usually it's a long process of making sounds and arranging them over and over until i have a complete track

From "dvd menu ambient" I was expecting loops of found orchestral pieces. This is good anyway

also check this out, older stuff was mindblowing but this is both mindblowing and emotionally involved

also goodnight i'm tired

enjoy me trying to be somewhat like OPN

soundcloud.com/yamie420666/tyre-fyre-verbs

Bump

>soundcloud.com/yamie420666/tyre-fyre-verbs

Sounds much more like Patten than OPN. Still super dope.

How do you like those way huge fuzz pedals? All the demos I hear make them sound like shit and I haven't found one to try in a store.

I'm just getting into learning a DAW and I've been kinda fine composing 4/4 stuff, but I have no idea how to begin to structure anything ambient or experimental into something cohesive.

I have a bunch of sounds saved that I like, but I have no idea how to put them together or build off a single sound.