What would you like to see in season 3 of True Detective? Here's my pitch

What would you like to see in season 3 of True Detective? Here's my pitch.

youtube.com/watch?v=eJlN9jdQFSc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qvv-LpTBWVk
youtube.com/watch?v=QkgD_9yW6yI
youtube.com/watch?v=khWKxrMKxQ8&index=21&
youtube.com/watch?v=NynkFRDlWtY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=JgVDYu5cs0U
youtube.com/watch?v=z7pCD827wB4
youtube.com/watch?v=h8_vRjv_6Pg
youtube.com/watch?v=E0HzNePL-XM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dane DeHaan/Jim Carrey

Alaska, 2027

Plot framing: Jim Carrey interrogated for murdering his partner (Dane DeHaan)

Theme music: youtube.com/watch?v=Qvv-LpTBWVk

Ben Affleck is like 50 years old, how the fuck would he be a 'rookie cop'?

Michael (Michael Fassbender) is a devout Catholic cop who moved to Vegas for an assignment. He must infiltrate a religious cult lead by Donald O Toole (Michael C. Hall). They plan to "cleanse Sin City of its sin". He must also rescue his indoctrinated partner (Liam Neeson). Micahel's faith falters as he must do away with his morals to dismantle this group.

everything about this showcases how much of a pleb you are, good job.

>Ben Affleck

DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D

Apply yourself, OP

Salem Oregon, 1973

Brothers Alden Ehrenreich and Dane DeHaan
join a group/family of poets (Joaquin phoenix, Shia LaBeouf, viggo, javier bardem [groupies and no name actors]) who are simultaneously carrying out a series of bomb attacks and attempting to create the nation's first church/university devoted to Gnosticism.

true detectives: Traveling salesman and closet-cannibal Jon goodman witnisses the bombings and pursues some of the poets, eats one or two

forgot to add goodman writes haikus about nature and the order of it

Michael Shannon and John Goodman are detectives investigating a series of grisly murders in the sprawling expanse of South Dakota's Badlands. They are obstructed by the taciturn and reclusive park ranger Peter Stormare and his cadre of employees including DJ Qualls and Steve Buscemi.

The murders are in fact Sioux ritual killings by a radicalized faction of Native Americans intent on purging their land of the "unclean" whites. Graham Greene and Chaske Spencer lead the group but are pitted against each other in methodology. Spencer believes in a full-out Helter Skelter race war between Native Americans and whites, while Greene wants the shock of the murders to be deterrent enough to people living nearby.

Opening theme: youtube.com/watch?v=QkgD_9yW6yI

theme song
youtube.com/watch?v=khWKxrMKxQ8&index=21&

>hey what about a religious cult!
the thread

>le rural meme

S3 with Rust or nothing

Detectives:
Walton Goggins
Mary Elizabeth Winstead

Setting:
1980's LA or Miami

Plot:
Hooker murders or something

End episode/season closer:
youtube.com/watch?v=NynkFRDlWtY

>nonwhites as evil antagonists

not gonna happen

Mine acts more like terrorists or the mafia than an actual cult

i like it, but I think that's awfully close similar to s1
Love this idea
>Spencer believes in a full-out Helter Skelter race war between Native Americans and whites, while Greene wants the shock of the murders to be deterrent enough to people living nearby.
>Micahel's faith falters as he must do away with his morals to dismantle this group.
I like this idea--this should have a larger emphasis

>1980's LA or Miami
>Hooker murders or something
make a plot, dip

Derectives: jon bernthal and Garrett dillahunt
Corrupt police chief: brad dourif
Washington Canadian border
Plot: drugs murder and kiddy rape
Theme song: m.youtube.com/watch?v=JgVDYu5cs0U

Like the way I imagine Michael is to be very naive and almost childlike so him having to be in this group that commits crimes in the name of the Lord is gonna take a toll on him.

This was partially inspired by Sleeper Cell.

FUCK YOU GAY FAGGOT SCUM GO READ A BOOK

>Detectives
Kurt Russell
Jeff Bridges

>Location
New Haven

>Plot
Russell and Bridges, two renowned but retired detectives, are summoned by the city's mayor to find his daughter, who has disappeared. As they dig deeper, they find that a pedophile ring has been acting in that region.

>Intro Theme
youtube.com/watch?v=z7pCD827wB4

Make it a Johnnie To joint. The ancient Triads plus civic corruption plus widespread indifference corresponding to primordial Evil can easily be a main theme. Louis Koo or Andy Lau or someone equally handsome and charismatic as the villain.

God, I need more Johnnie To in my life.

not another dumb duo, not a thousand detectives competing for control of the narrative. one detective, mark rylance.

Detectives: Stellen Starsgaard (blonde), Mads Mikkelsen
Setting: Rural city of Johannesburg, South Africa, 1995

Two Dutch-Afrikaaner detectives investigate the murder of a series of white farmers in rural SA. They must try to evade the meddlings of Zendaya who seduces one for the nudity scene and
Kwame Boateng as a preacher who leads a voodoo/christian inspired political action committee who assumes that black Africans are being unfairly targeted for murder by racist white cops.

The Twist: Jessica Chastain is a brutal serial killer who uses the chaos of the end of Apartheid to kill vulnerable farmers and blame Africans for the crimes.

Opening Theme: Ashton Nyte with The Awakening - Before I Leap

youtube.com/watch?v=h8_vRjv_6Pg

Takes place in Pittsburgh during the 60s and follows 2 detectives investigating the murder of a crazy semi-famous iranian architect who had big plans for buildings across the city.

Eventually the case leads them to some shady steel company CEOs and eventually the freemasons where they have to infiltrate crazy eyes wide shut key party shit.

Cast the two young detectives

Has potential for some cool, dark architecture cinematography. Like the inverse of Mad Mens bright colorful retro deco set look. Interior scenes are all shady, hazy with cigar smoke and furnished with dark wood and trippy wallpaper. More like some David Lynch vibes. LSD and heroin would be heavily involved

>We finally did it. We have become True Detectives.

I like this idea but I would also love to see the series return to a rural area. Like the Ozark Hills in Missouri where they bust up trailer park meth lords.

Something tells me S3 when (if) it comes will go to Miami or somewhere like that. Have a kind of neon pop punk tone. Like a Michael Mann movie

A return in quality

> Affleck
> rookie

Isn't he in his fucking 40s

>Ben Affleck as a rookie cop.

motherfucker, you realize the dude is like 45.

Forest Whitaker and Josh Brolin are FBI agents investigating the appearances of extremely brutalized and desecrated bodies of children turning up in abandoned buildings in West Virginia. None of the bodies seem to match up with where the victim lived making it difficult to track.

Josh Brolin is a functioning drug addict whose addiction eventually gets the better of him as he's trying to solve the case. Forest Whitaker is a very supportive friend but ultimately and enigmatic figure who never really reveals anything personal, even after years with his partner.

Theme song: youtube.com/watch?v=E0HzNePL-XM