Question for second and third generation european-americans - do know language of your ancestors or do you not care...

Question for second and third generation european-americans - do know language of your ancestors or do you not care about it? Why?

second generation european-americans don't even exist anymore.
white immigration to the USA ended decades ago.

My grandmother didn't teach it to my mother but I'm learning it on my own because it's a rare but beautiful language.

Which language eh ?

I don't even know where my "ancestors" came from.

Swahili

Yiddish. Grandmother was Ukrainian Jewish.

>Tom Cruise

Ew.

Well there are so few of them these days.

Most white Americans had their ancestors come here 100+ years ago.

I do have two friends who are second and third generation however and one can speak enough Swedish to get by, but not really hold a conversation, and the other knows a handful or words in German. They both tell me there isn't much of a point because when they talk to or visit their family in those countries they speak English almost everywhere.

The one that is has family in Sweden says most people want to use English so outside of saying greetings we never gets the chance to learn or practice the language.

That's pretty true tbqh.

It's just how it works. Just like in 50 years Sweden will have a lot enriched people walking around.

>because it's a rare but beautiful language.
>Yiddish.
>beautiful
>Yiddish

>The one that is has family in Sweden says most people want to use English
Sweden YES!

>part Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, French, Dutch, and German
Witch one do I learn lads?

The memes are true!

>Sweden YES!

Despite the Swedish NEETS on here they are pretty big Ameri/Angloboos from everything he has told me.

He was showing me a bunch of pictures from his most recent visit and the amount of shit they have with the American flag or anything related to America would make a redneck blush.

That's what happens when you have immigrants that assimilate.

>2100
>Sweden
>"I'm part Swedish, Iraqi, Syrian, and Somalian!"

>Witch
You should learn English first.

>I don't know my father because my mother was raped and she wouldn't abort me because of her crippling white guilt and steadfast commitment to cultural enrichment.

My girlfriend speaks Belarusian. I don't even know what that is

Trying to learn Croatian as much as I can. I want to live there later on if I can.
Anyway what you'll find in Australia at least, and probably America, is that the first generation immigrants only speak their former language, second gen can speak english and their parents' language fluently, and third gen starts to only speak english, unless they are dedicated to learning (like me)

Syrians and Iraqis aren't black.

here we go again

nah dont care about it