>it's not john, it's jon
>it's not edward, it's eddard
>it's not khan, it's khal
What a visionary!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin's_Apprentice
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>It's not John, it's Jon.

But you're right. That's the reason people like Game of Thrones. The names. The should just call it "Name of Thrones," because, you know, all the visionary names that make it so visionary.

>born Jonathan Stuart Leibowitz

Most modern english is actually a b---, fuck it I don't even care.

like you can do any better fag

>insert tits an ass everywhere you can
BRAVO MARTIN

The guy is just a history fag it's not even fiction 90% plot lines derive from historical events

>It's not upside down Anglo-Saxon England, it's Westeros

>it's not shooting range, it's school

BRAVO AMERICA

King Joffrey is Edward of Lancaster.

Edward of Lancaster was the son of King Henry VI and Margaret of Anjou—and, like Joffrey, he was rumored to be of illegitimate birth. Also like Joffrey, Edward had a touch of madness, and he shared Joffrey’s affinity for lopping off the heads of his enemies. The Ambassador of Milan once wrote, "This boy, though only 13 years of age, already talks of nothing but of cutting off heads or making war, as if he had everything in his hands or was the god of battle or the peaceful occupant of that throne." History also gave Edward his comeuppance: he was stabbed to death by Edward IV of York, the real-life equivalent of Robb Stark.

Theon Greyjoy is George Plantagenet, 1st Duke of Clarence

Theon's historical counterpart, George Plantagenet, was brother to Edward IV of York and, like Theon, began the War of the Roses as a staunch York defender. Much like Theon, George Plantagenet turned on his brother during the War of the Roses and defected to the Lancasters. After Edward won the war, George was drowned in a butt of wine for his treason, which is a much kinder punishment than the many atrocities that Theon has endured.

shooting ranges are safer than schools

>westeros is on the west
>essos is on the east
genius

Wow. Yeah it really shines a light on just how unoriginal this guy actually is when you see how little of it he actually came up with on his own. Jesus Christ, I just thought he was a hack because the writing was bad, but now I find out he couldn't even muster up the energy to make it up- he just took a history book and started replacing people's names. How pathetic.

>it's not Stanley, it's Stannis

He can't wrap up a character arc, plotline or conflict without killing everyone off.
Fucking hack.

And you were born a faggot. No one cares about either one.

when this dude vacations in the philippines you think he is into the 12 year old girls, the 24 year old trannies or the 10 year old boys? im betting its the little boys

>Lancaster (Red)--->Lannister (Red)
>York (White)----->Stark (White)

Bravo

>it's not Jeffrey, it's Joffrey!

Wow!

It's not Jamie, it's Jaime. Brilliant.

Why do the Lannisters have negro names?

> Tywin
> Tyronne
> Cersei

Lots of kings came to power young and loved to lop of heads though.

>Tudor ~> Hodor

I've been saying this from day one!

Everytime I say that jk. rowling was a better author and that the Harry potter series was much more original and imaginative I get shat on by delusional got fags.

I've been butthurt about it for so long senpai

She stole just as much from greek and roman mythology

That's because Harry Potter is utter shit, you fag.

Mainly just creatures/ names. None of it actually affects the story

Just GRRM is shit, that doesn't make JK Rowling any less shit.

Fuck you, the Harry potter books were a fucking god tier read when you're a kid and it's still far more enjoyable than asoiaf

and also robin hobbs farseer books which are about a bastard, from a royal family that live in a keep that overlooks the sea with a stag as their sigil, set in a world where some people can communicate with and control animals with their minds (the main character having a large wolf) The land is facing invasion from an inhuman army while dragons that have been extinct for years have returned and the hero has been trained as an assassin.

GRR even wrote the foreward to the book which came out a year before the first of his books

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin's_Apprentice

She created a great universe with her books it's not Tolkien tier world building but it's infinitely better than that fat hack

>It's not nudity, it's art

Not that guy, but like what? The only thing that comes to mind might be those soul sucking prison guard things (death eaters?) could be vaugley inspired by creatures on the river Styx, but I can't see too many Greek or roman similarities.

I'll give you the fact that the premise of a chosen one (orphan) who reluctantly takes on the task of saving the world has been done to death. Luke Skywalker, King Arthur, James Bond, etc.

Hobb is severely under rated I feel

coulda been those books that got made into something, y'know?

>It's not Jamie, it's Jaime. Brilliant.

Jaime is a pretty common latino name, I was pronouncing it that way in my head when I read the books and it was confusing as hell to hear people calling him "Jamie" in the show

>Kevin Lannister

doorway to somewhere you shouldn't be is literally guarded by Cerberus

come on.

they pronounce it as "hi-me" though

It's not virgin, it's maiden

Not that I care

Creatures like the basilisk, hippogrif, cerberus etc were literally copy pasted

>kids enjoy shitty kid stuff

What a great argument.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who had that problem.

actually 'maester' should read like german meister

>unoriginal
I don't think being inspired by real events is a bad thing.

>Geoffrey

It's a real word you stupid fuck.

>implying kids books aren't the goat

The little Prince is a prime example

It's not wasting time shitposting
it's commentary on the hugos

It's ser because GRRM literally types with one finger

>universe
>one school, one government building, and a bank
It's really nothing compared to all the settings Martin made...

As for Martin using history: he uses, he doesn't copy. There are plenty of differences and you still have to make a NARRATIVE out of it.

Except, he still had to research that shit and come up with a cohesive story around it. Or at least it was cohesive until A Feast For Crows, where he clearly had to come up with his own stuff and everyone reading suffered for it.

One thing being inspired, it's completely different when you copy paste it stopping only to change names

Maiden? Of course, but it's used to meet something different, though maiden CAN be used as virgin too, but not nearly as popularly as it is in the book.

RIP Areo Hotah

Are you implying that he's too lazy to move his finger all the way across the keyboard to type the I and instead types an E because it's right between S and R?

>Stealing ideas is somehow unoriginal
I hope you do realize that most if not all fiction is copied or "stolen" and written into a new context. That's basicly how all creative fields work. There is never any truly "original" content, because everything you make is based on previous work.

Exactly, that's how I was pronouncing it. Although it's not really "me", I think it's closer to "mey"

Do you want these books to take even longer to come out?

>It's not John, it's Jon
Isn't Jon a real world name tho?
The rest are pretty egregious I'll agree.

I have already given up on that to be honest.

You forgot Jamie being Jaime, a completely different fucking name entirely that's still pronounced the other way.

>everything must be totally and completely 100% original
>you aren't aloud to be influenced by history
>you aren't aloud to be influenced by ancient mythologies

good lord you faggots are insufferable. Literally nothing is original anymore, nothing has been "original" in quite some time.

>muh ripped off War of the Roses and Yorks and Lancasters

just how fucking new are you? That's one of the most commonly known things about aSoIaF

It just feels random which fantasy Hollywood decides to notice.

Like Magic Kingdom For Sale is perfect for a movie adaptation but has been in turnaround for years.

Likewise, we'll never see a Garret PI tv series, when a fantasy based crime procedural would be fun as hell.

Are there any fantasy stories that don't rip off history/mythology/tropes?

Elric plz

That's different you stupid fag, she did not copy them, just made them real creatures that inhabit the world. And it fits rather nicely that all those mythical creatures who once were thought to be real actually are, and mythology is just a way for nonmagical people to deal with this.
Meanwhile Martin just straight up copied whole plot and characters.

Listen kid, don't pretend that Harry Potter is any better than aSoIaF because they're both genre trash

His next series is another original idea that was slightly inspired by historical events. It's about the formation of the Unified Territories of Amricour. Led by the great general Greggory Washingstone, the struggling colonists fight for their freedom against the Briseesh Empire.

That's just as original and "inspired" by history as GoT.

Harry Potter is a great book for children, and you made an idiot of yourself and can't even respond with an argument
Also
>genre trash
lel, that's what happens where plebs try to sound smart

>literal retards who don't get how hard it is to write or even understand that people take inspiration from real events all the time

The Belgariad doesn't rip off any historical events or characters but the nations are inspired by real cultures to varying degrees.

Now a musical called Hammiltone

Settle down George.

>jk. rowling
>good
No

Rich visionary

...from the first book, unquestionably the least interesting or original of them

So who's Bolingbroke, daenerys or Jon?

>many of the characters are completely unoriginal and copied from history
>but what about one of the characters that isn't copied from history! they're not copied from history!

>tryhards who just found out aSoIaF is inspired by/based off of medieval history

literally the oldest news. No one's pretending its great either. Literally why are you so fucking mad?

>is a great book for children

What point are you trying to make here though? Harry Potter is not original in the least and cliche as fuck. There isn't a single original thing about her books.

How do you pronounce wall?

My point is that using elements of western culture and mythology in a book is not equal to copying characters and plots from other works.

Hermione stretched her legs.

the most original stuff she came up with (i.e. Quidditch) is fucking retarded

*holds a 9mm sideways and begins waving it around* Gibbus Yomoneyotim!

>harry potshit
>good
Please user.

You are talking about him on a chinese cartoon image board for free while he wrote these things for money.

But all the characters are boring and 2d and the main character is the chosen one. It's shit for kids, nothing more than Star Wars, so who cares? It's chock full of more tired cliches than idk what.

>muh great world building
Wow she brought magic into a modern setting. That's never been done before. Wow she just used latin for the names of all her spells and spoopy characters.

Idk why you folks all of a sudden want to pretend Harry Potter is better, for some reason. They're the same. Trash. Stephen King for kids.

>Targaryans = Normans
>Andals = Anglo-Saxons
>The Wall = Hadrian's Wall
>Wildlings = Scots
>Dornish = Cornish
>Valyria = Rome
IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Pfffftt

ABRACADABRA, NIGGA

He changed his name because he hated his dad and didn't want to be associated with his family or something

RIP sallador sahn

Is that also why he got a nose job?

>didn't want to be associated with his family or something
why would he have such animosity to a name like "Leibowitz"?

>it's not kevin, it's kevan

>it's not good, it's godawful

BRAVO GEORGE

IIT: Jealous faggots that didn't think of this shit first.

It's kind of dumb but kind of adds nice touches as well