Honestly, how fucking shit were we in this tournament?

Honestly, how fucking shit were we in this tournament?

>Act like the performance against Russia was decent even though we could only draw with them, and Wales ran a rape train over them and It turned out Russia were arguably the worst team in the tournament

>Need a 92nd minute goal to beat Wales

>Not score a single goal against Slovakia, who were then promptly humped by Germany 3-0

>Lose to fucking Iceland, who are in the process of being curbstomped by France

Fucking awful.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3EiE7eLWI_M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Russia were arguably the worst team in the tournament
Sweden was worse. Way worse.

I'd say England was the worst team in the tournament

why is that tough?
When I grew up, England was considered as a world class team.
Remember the Euro 96 and how my father told me how England is top football nation and always will be.

What's the reason? You are behind Germany by light years.

youtube.com/watch?v=3EiE7eLWI_M

I blame anti-meme magic.

Ukraine were statistically and in every other sense, the utter worst

>buy in foreign players for league teams
>wonder why our English team is shit

No home grown talent bar flukes and one hit wonders

You'd be completely wrong

The second half performance against Iceland was probably the lowlight of the whole tournament.

Did Sweden even get a shot on net?

The problem with england is that they have good players, but they all just care about shekels the reason why they don't play with passion in international tournaments is because they don't get the pay like in the epl. And also england have some incopemitent managers who dont need to worry about winning because of their shekels. In conclusion yiu could say england don't give a shit about performance internationally like iceland or germany

The next generation will surely be better

Yep

>world cup
>1 point
>Euros
>somehow manage to go backwards

incredible

Dele Alli was being wanked over left right and centre because of that goal he scored against Crystal Palace. If he was in any of the top continental leagues he would be an average player, yet he played every game for us. We are so behind all the other nations when it comes to smart, composed footballers who understand the game, just look at France right now or Germany and Italy last night. The Premier League has ruined us, we traded in our national identity for flashy trinkets and there is no way back, I'm afraid.

This is really showing how much of an utter embarrassment we were.

You could say jewry destroyed englands football this year.

Wow England wow
You couldn't even score a goal from open play against this side

Nope. Not a single one.

How badly would have France beaten England?

SHIT YOU ARE
H
I
T

>4-0

That was the scoreline we were meant to beat them by.

that french team crushing iceland has fucking moussa sissoko starting and he just got relegated so it's probably not just a quality issue

>This is really showing how much of an utter embarrassment we were

No it shows how your players just don't give a shit about their country. There's nothing to be embarrassed about being english but shows how the fa and your players just want money and attention.

Stop making fun of us

still better than russia

Iceland beat Austria 2 1 and England the same.

England are probably Austria tier anyway.

Portugal should be laughed at the most really

this desu.

An England XI from the Football league would've easily made it to the semis in this tournament.

Premier league players play for money not for passion for the game.

10-0 in the least

Not sure but the top Sweden goalscorer of the tournament was an Irish centre half

We beat France a few months ago
We'd have destroyed them

Tbh england usually do suprisingly good against france, but with smallers teams they suck because of their players being lazy

>Premier league players play for money not for passion for the game

The fa should honestly pay more for the english team because they might play a lot better or cut their pay if they lose.

Zlatan had a goal to beat the waffles but it was taken away by jew reff

>england have only won 6 knockout games since 1966
>england fans like to go on about how its coming home to deal with the fact that every tournament they will go to they will do utter shit and we need to have entertainment somehow
>people from other countries see this and think its all genuine so they believe england are some good team when in reality we are shit
>always say we are the favourites unless its against one of the true gods of football
>we do as we normally do (fucking shit)
>get shitposted on harder than any other nation because every one by england fans were expecting us to do better

such is life

This is why it honestly wasn't a surprise to me that we lost to Iceland
Sup Forums is laughing at us, and rightfully so but honestly I don't even feel that humiliated or embarrassed. Yeah it was Iceland, but we were literally shocking all tournament and literally fluked a win against Wales.
We had nothing to celebrate but our blind optimism and memes made us think we were even halfway decent.
This France BTFOing of Iceland shows just how bad we actually were, Iceland don't even look in the same class

I don't understand how we're so bad honestly, on paper it's a decent team

>>england fans like to go on about how its coming home to deal with the fact that every tournament they will go to they will do utter shit and we need to have entertainment somehow
>>people from other countries see this and think its all genuine so they believe england are some good team when in reality we are shit

You are good but your players are narcissist big name money addicts that's why you lose. Look at spain they are becoming exactly like england soon look at their lacklustr performance lately. Both teams will end up being money hungry jews

the problem isn't just our players right now, it goes so much deeper than that, it's the players, the fa, our youth system, it's all fucked

The United States is better than England in soccer and have proved with this years copa performance and the 2014 we perfromance. England u fucking suck and most of you are fucking ugly

no don't worry about it. you guys were great. the referees were against you is all.

this is so much more than football. there is no English national identity. it isn't like Scotland or Wales, which have definite national identities and narratives, i.e. being an oppressed colony. England is just a big chunk of the UK. is it the UK? what is it? we use the UK anthem, but the UK isn't a country. we don't know who we are or what we are. why would a player care about playing for a country that isn't really a country?

On paper it was awful
We had a striker and winger as 2/3s of the midfield and a striker on the right wing

We're being managed by a 13 year old fut player

not when it matters

Fuck off burger. Iceland would kick your ass in soccer and btw your team is mostly mexican

wales

We have an identity, it's just its one where failure and misery are glorified as character building at a working class level

It's why we're great at posh sports where the talent are aspirational middle class

I meant in terms of players alone, regardless of >Woy, we have decent players who should be cruising past the likes of bloody Iceland.

Well you are lucky that scotland voted remain and england voted leave. I can see in the future were more people are proud of being english because of how much the scots and other europeans i.e spain and france hate the english

I feel you man

>get tactically exposed vs Italy
>beat a weak Ireland side who left too many gaps
>steal a win against Sweden
>beat Hungary and start thinking you've already reached the final
>get totally exposed against Wales no less

Pretty fucking bad, but it was hilarious, my neighbour used to play for iceland and he was running around the street like a twat

>friendlies
>relevant
Nigel, pls
Thats Belgium tier argument

Just accept that England aren't a big team.

You always think that you deserve to be ranked among the Frances and the Italy's of the world, but in reality, the results show that you are among the Switzerlands and the Belgiums, if even that.

Really hate that smug cunt.

If he thinks he's so special, why doesn't he resign from his cushy BBC job and get into management?

The players you have are irrelevant if you don't have a system in place to make the most of them.

>You always think that you deserve to be ranked among the Frances and the Italy's of the world

t. scot

no one here thinks this

I can also see the papers like the dailymail and the sun overhyping and stressing the players psychologically. When you are stressed you usually don't perform as well.

Technically decent players who play FIFA and know how to beat teams there. But in terms of actual intelligence, beating smart teams in the real world - not really. Although Woy takes a lot of the blame too, as players can only follow his instructions, and if he doesn't tell them how to defend a throw-in then they won't. Likewise, if your two wingers are being told to cut inside into a box full of players instead of switching wings so that they can cross it early then they won't do that either.

>Frances and the Italy's
>17th and 12th

>Switzerlands and the Belgiums
>15th and 2nd

Terrible post, apply yourself

Half agree but fifa rankings are bull

>Lose to fucking Iceland, who are in the process of being curbstomped by France
The first goal was offside. The 2nd goal Pogba clearly jump over an iceland defender. After this shit the 3rd and 4th goals are things that happen when a team is down mentally, like what happened with Brazil vs Germany after conceeding so many goals in 30 minutes.

So be like France and win every Euro and Worldcup by playing in home rules, or change the rules like how you guys did in 66 with a good NT is a 90% way to win the tournament.

this is why the other home nations did well to be honest, half their teams are full of english born or raised players who play in the english leagues but didnt think they would make the national team because they cant make the epl.

Grassroots infrastructure was pretty bad for years, youth coaching was always based around a physical game rather than a technical/tactical one. The FA is fucking useless for the most part, things seem to be changing, the youth coaching is a better standard and more modern but I guess with anything like football you need a few generations of players before any of your changes start to bear fruit

Doesn't mean shit when the man at the top is a senile, incompetent fool.

Hodgson has literally set us back 10 years.

It's easy to blame the managers, yet the reality is that our players are fucking shit.

Capello called it right; the whole mentality and attitude to international football amongst English footballers is exactly why we will never succeed.

>When I grew up, England was considered as a world class team.
No it wasnt. Your father is retarded if he said that it is. They came in 4th in 1990 and ever since then dropped out in the quarters or earlier, sometimes even failed to qualify. Maybe your father was drunk or simply didnt have a clue, pick one of the options I guess.

Can you blame them? Friendlies attract shit tier fans who only bother showing up for about 20 minutes of the match and create no atmosphere and at proper tournaments they're expected to win every thing and publically shamed and lambasted when they inevitably don't

We were a good team up until 2008, just massively underperformed and got cucked in penalty shootouts
Since 2008 we've been painfully bad

I don't think that's the point, but interesting none the less.

Personally, I think The FA should not play our home friendlies at Wembley, instead spread them around the country.

>FIFA Rankings

>We were a good team up until 200
Good how? Our tournament record is abysmal

I concur

Fuck I just realized England merely avoided a 7:1 by the frogs. CanĀ“t decide what would have been better.

Generally we lost on pens against world class teams, which implies we were at least equal to them on footballing terms, just without a winning mentality to handle pressure

Come on, Portugal were never a world class team.

Our competitive international record is fucking appalling.

The coaching isn't any better. We have one of the lowest amounts of elite level qualified coaches in Europe.

>were a good team
>massively underperformed
Thats not how it under-performing works. If you are a good team then you dont consistently under-perform. If you do so then youre just shit, nothing else. Dropping out once is one thing, consistently failing to get anything done is a completely different story. And the English national team has failed to accomplish anything since 1990. You biggest accomplishment since then has been an EC semi final in 96 in a tiny competition. Both your EC and WC records are abysmal.

Since 1992 you dropped out of 8/15 competitions by the ro16 or earlier and 14/15 by the Quarters. Thats not under-performing, thats just being shit.

Lets not get memes mixed up with reality, we played 4 games and only lost 1, whereas teams like Ukraine lost every single game they played, so to say we were the worst in the entire tournament is statistically wrong, though I will admit we were shit and probably the most over-hyped team.

we've beaten France, Brazil, Portugal and Germany all in the last 12 months

But we weren't being shit, we were underperforming as we had the capability of going further than we did. Our recent tournaments are us being shit. It's easy to tell the difference. One is being ref balled against Argentina, the other is losing to full time post rock musicians

this.
They'd all rather be on holiday like the other guys in their club teams that aren't good enough for national teams.
Woy looked like a fucking drip too.

> we had the capability of going further than we did.

Every team could say that. Face the facts that England are not a big team. They are C Level at this stage.

That's the problem though. We perform in pointless friendlies, but at the tournament, the arse just completely falls out the team. It's been like this for years. People will choose loads of reasons, like:
i) players dont care because muh money
ii) the manager is crap
iii) the players are crap
iiii) the players have no heart

etc, etc.

The sad reality is, I don't know why we do it, but we do. But what we do know, during all these years, we've been through plenty of players, and plenty of managers... But the results dont change

This right here is the reason why English players will never be able to amount to anything anymore. Because for some reason they deluded themselves into believing that they arent shit but instead are just unlucky or have a bad day.

>muh passion

Utter nonsense meme word.

I'd accept this if we lost in 90 minutes but a lot of our knock outs were on pens, which are luck based to a fair extent

A good team wouldn't go to pens all the time.

>fellow britbong talking sense
>dubs confirm

this man should be working for the FA

do you seriously think a bunch of Championship players, West Brom players, Burnley players (Wales) are better than the England players?

i'm not going to imply we're better than France or Germany, but you know what... we should be beating Iceland

our problems beating Iceltand isn't the players just being technically shit, it's shitting the bed, and having a garbage manager

Blaming Hodgson for the Iceland defeat is fucking desperate. The team he started with shouldn't have lost to Iceland.

Only the players can take blame for that.

A fair point, but it was Germany, Argentina, Portugal we lost to. They're good teams. Look at Portugals run to the semis this year, we never got easy runs like that during the 90s and early 00s

English footballers are just generally mentally weak and more so, mentally elsewhere entirely. That's all there is to it in my opinion. Woy didn't exactly inspire confidence at the same time.

It's down to the manager, more than the players. The players can be as shit as they like but Iceland went to show what good organisation and tactics can get you. We didn't prepare to defend throw-ins, or defend in general. We didn't prepare what to do when Iceland went behind.

Mentally the players showed signs of squeaky bum after going ahead of Russia, they just don't know how to handle taking the lead and holding it or being under pressure generally.

If you cant win as a team then you are shit, its as simple as that. Hell, you teams cant even amount to anything in the CL anymore. The only time they do is if the team almost completely consists of foreigners. Youre rubbish, thats all their is to it.

Argentina got to the WC final and two Copa finals basically not even having a coach. Germany has one of the most retarded meme coaches as well, who completely reforms the team after a 3-0 victory because of [insert some retarded reason here]. Every single tournament that clown almost costs us the games. At the world cup he kept playing meme formations and we were struggling. Then he finally played Lahm and most of the players in their actual positions and we started to play consistently. Most national teams have shit coaches, deal with it.

ELO rankings england are quite high as well

It just doesn't matter at all.

We NEVER perform when it actually matters.

We never even got to a fucking semi final with our 'golden generation'.

Look at who we would have played against if we didn't fuck up in group stages of WC2002, WC2010 and Euro 2004

We only have ourselves to blame.

Because they consider friendlies to be relevant. Now go ahead and compare Germany's friendly record and its tournament record. Maybe you will notice that many countries use friendlies to test stuff which then results in losses.

>The only time they do is if the team almost completely consists of foreigners

Except that's incorrect. We did better in europe with teams comprising mostly English players.

Hell, Germany are fucking shit in the CL as well and always have been. The only thing you have going for you is your NT.