Who was in the wrong?

who was in the wrong?

You for watching shit television

>insert paying for pussy joke here

Rachel because Monica is a skeletal jew whore.

why would you even pay anything for a cat? people give away kittens for free, if anything you should be paying for all the vaccinations and shit instead of wasting money on some purebred ubermencsh cat.

>who was in the wrong?
Who has the pointier nipples?

Person A can do whatever they like with their own money, though it would have been the appropriate thing to pay back what she owes.

Person B does not have the right to say what person A should do with the money, because it is not theirs. They can only argue from principal.

As always, first post best post.

So if person A owed person B $300, and person B saw that person A had a stash of $1000 in their dresser, would person B have the right to take their $300 back from the stash? Assuming this $1000 wasn't intended for bills/medication/important shit.

>Person B does not have the right

I do have a right, I'll say whatever the fuck I want. For example, you should use your money to make a rope and neck yourself

No, because neither the $300 nor $1000 is hers.

You can say whatever you want apart from instructions on what to do with the money, you don't have the right to steal money that isn't yours.

How would it hold up in court?

>person B stole my money!
>person A owed me $300

Fucking no, you goddamn American. Civil Society makes you pay back the money immediatley or you would feel bad. You can't ask for 300 bucks and then spend 1000 on bullshit. That may be how it works in America land of the fucking retarded mongoloids, but not on normal evolved society.

It would hold up fine. Person B stole A's money, even though A did owe some to her.

in general it's the one with the smallest breasts

She didn't steal it though you retard

I'm not even American. The codes of civil society can be ignored or forgotten, y'know.

an oral agreement wouldn't hold up in court
not paying back money you asked from someone (without a legal binding) isn't a crime, stealing is
how could B even prove A owed her 300$?

>though it would have been the appropriate thing

So what you're saying it the borrower is wrong, but you're trying to do it in a contrarian way.

Person B took the money without permission of person A.

How can person A prove that person B stole the money?

Sort of, I'm taking into account the moral obligation and her free will. It would have been the right thing to do if she payed her friend back immediately, but she can't be forced or to do so.

forced to do so*

>tfw you owe one of your closest friends a grand

>tfw he acts like its nothing but you know he wants you dead inside

Its a horrible feeling

pay the money back m8

A friend owes me like 3500. It really isn't that big of a deal, and I'm glad we're not losing out friendship over it. Though he is paying me back at like 150 a month.

What do you owe him the cash for, user? Genuinely interested

an investigation, A telling the cops she borrowed 300$ from B

rachel 100%

Never loan friends money that you expect to get back is my philosophy. If It's a gift then you can be happy when you get it back.

>mfw my brother lent some stupid Polish fuck £200 and the guy is a massive retard with money and he can't possibly pay it back ever.
>Bro just says "whatever, keep it, but you're never getting anything from me again."
Best way to do it.

This is why the threat of physical violence always needs to have a place in the world.

It seems like now more than ever the phrase, "Doing that will get your ass beat" doesn't actually mean anything.

Kids who are little shit heads don't actually get their ass kicked any more. I'm saying this as someone who has worked 15+ years with kids ever since I was a child myself.

The fact of the matter is, "anyone can do anything they want" it's only the threat of recourse that actually puts impetus behind any action. In this scenario, there is no threat of recourse aside from someone getting physically harmed in response for betrayal or theft.

Rachel *owes* Monica $300. Rachel is indebted to Monica for $300. Monica has no actual way of collecting that debt unless Rachel feels some kind of pressure - otherwise she's free to just steal $300 and never pay it back.

Go to small claims court? Sure. Or you could just jab that bitch in the nose.

I was university and my dickhead house mate spliled wine on my mac, I borrowed 600 off my friend to get it fixed

It then broke AGAIN and borrowed another 600, Ive payed back 200 so far, its only been a couple weeks

>>Person B does not have the right to say what person A should do with the money, because it is not theirs
Yes, it is. They're owed 300 bucks.

If you borrow 300 dollars from someone, and then you're suddenly hit with a massive bill for something that requires fixing now, it's fine to take an extra week or two to pay it back. But if you spend someone else's money on something completely frivolous, then you're complete human garbage and should be taken out in the street and shot like the dog you are.

It depends on the repayment schedule agreed upon in the loan.

I owe 80,000 on my mortgage, but the bank doesn't yell at me for spending a lot of money to buy a new tv or gun as long as I make my payments.

So I guess it depends on how quickly Rachael (implicitly) agreed to pay Monica back. This is also an example of the classic Moral Hazard problem in economics where Rachael's altered economic position as a result of Monica's loan changed her creditworthiness.

>but the bank doesn't yell at me for spending a lot of money to buy a new tv or gun
Because the longer you take to pay back the loan, the better.

It's not the same for casual loans between friends.

Pay it back ASAP. At least let him know that you're doing everything in your power to pay it back.

>"Hey, I haven't forgotten how you helped me out. I'm doing X, Y, and Z to get your money back."

Go on Craigslist and find some gigs, people always need someone to mow some lawns. If you have a car sign up for Uber or Lyft. Don't dilly daddle, $1200 is a lot of money and you don't want to be a dick.

If it broke again, then surely it wasn't 'fixed' properly to begin with? How come you didn't seek recourse from the place that didn't do the job correctly to begin with?

Rachel. She's always wrong.

Well my point is still the same. As long as Rachael isn't missing her presumed payment date then she's right. That being said if the agreement was that Rachael was to pay back as soon as she could, a large discretionary purchase on her end would indeed represent a breech of that faith.

Bank is charging interest. Monica disregarded interest and inflation, so when she gets the money back her 1k has lost some its purchasing original power.

You don't lend money to family or friends because they will always wind buying an expensive cat when you're not looking. However, I would have lent Rachel the money on the understanding that we would make love once a day until the loan was fully repaid.

Would it be fair for her to steal the cat and sell it for $300

Objectively Monica.

You are not considering what rachel wants.
If rachel wants more money, wants her to watch her failed-abortion, needs help moving, she will need to return that money. In order to keep a positive relationship she will have to.

Your scenario only makes sense when you give money to strangers or even worse when you give money to losers.
And in those cases you shouldn't punish the borrower but the retarded fucking lender by not giving them their money back.

If I remember right it was a hairless cat. 1000 for one would actually be cheap.

I can test the envy

He didn't post Seinfeld though.

I owe a friend 300 bucks for some concert tickets but he used his financial aid to buy them, so fuck him

>OP posts prime-era Jennifer Aniston and Courtney Cox
>thread devolves into bitching over the morality of loans
I thought I knew you Sup Forums...

>mac
you deserve to suffer

>because it is not theirs
when someone owes you money, yes their money is yours. so long as they have the ability to pay it back

for instance, lets say Rachel was fighting to make ends meet and never had a spare $300. Monica couldn't get mad at her for not paying her back

now Rachel has a spare $1000; over 3x the amount she owes monica. and she blows all of it on something retarded

Rachel was in the wrong in almost every episode until after her and Ross broke up for the last time

wtf is this thread

try 10k. 500 intrest per year i dont pay it back with max of 5 years. plan on giving it back at the end of this year. had to 2018 to do it.
he gave me shit about it once when he was black out drunk. but other than that. its a business deal you know. he can save 10k with intrest and i fixed my problems.

>argue from principal

This is the correct answer

My brother owes me 1k since last year. We're almost halfway through the new year and he hasn't paid any of it back yet. He's in a dual-income-no-kids relationship and even stayed at home and paid no bills while working for 4-5 months but he's always broke.

Should I fuck him up Sup Forums?

just treat him like europe treats greece, refuse to lend him a lone until he's paid back what he owes you

You can make a contract orally. Obviously there's the proof issue, but if I recall the episode right, there are witnesses.

He's probably addicted to pain killers honestly, that's the only thing I can think of. Or hes a problem gambler

Deal $1000 worth of damage to his property (probably $5000 if he's well insured). Tell him about it later on so he understands it was his fault.

I do this to just about everyone that wrongs me financially and won't make restitution. They won't pay you, but they will pay someone.

>tfw I owe my gf £700

boy I sure do love being unemployed

as long as you provide her some good dicking she wont be asking for money