My condolences.

bunch of gender assuming shitlords

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1482956121915.webm

WE

>nethercucks,dencucks and swecucks are neutered
pottery

i like that movie

Is that a parody?

We actually do use male and female, not common. It's just the Dutch that don't get it

>No genders in Finnish
>Finnish is le hard language

What the fuck english
Why so non indo-european

gender is useless linguistics-wise

Nope

Finnish being hard is a meme. It's an agglutinative language. All you have to do is to learn few affixes and you're done.

I wish them well
But for now they're just larpers

I wish it was

Good one

>das messer
>die gabel
>der löffel

yea now that you mention it.. arbitrarily giving stupid objects genders to memorize is linguistically stimulating.. poetic really. Tell me, whats the gender for dipshit in your language? Because if its not yours it ought to be.

>calling a table a she and a banana a he somehow makes things better

>Animate/inanimate
>Masculine/feminine/neuter
Slavic languages use both categories though

Seems like there're hell of a lot affixes. Maybe not hard but definetely not fun to learn.

Can I be a NOOORTHERN brother too?

rude

OUI THE NOOORTHERN BROTHERS

Kek

It's glaringly obvious though
table: belongs in or around the house
banana: dick-shaped

The table is a he, and the banana a she, dumbass.

Both the table and the banana are she, what are you on lad

Is German highly used in Alsace and Lorraine? I could never find any informaation about it

Recently it's been argued that the masculine/feminine genders in romance languages is actually more of an unmarked/marked gender. Meaning that feminine (marked) nouns are actually there to specifically indicate that something is different.

Both are actually masculine tbqh

A city guide in Strasbourg told me it is barely spoken anywhere

DER TISCH
DIE BANANE

REEEEEE

La mesa
El plátano

Che?

Stupid francophones :)

>der tisch
so you're gay?

>Che?
Exactly what you've read from my comment. It's been argued by some linguists that feminine/masculine act more as an unmarked/marked gender. Just google "unmarked/marked grammatical analysis romance" or something like that and read some papers. I don't have time to explain sorry.

>A Frenchman
>not gay himself

wrong

So, basically - the more complex the language - the poorer the country where it is spoken?

I mean, look at the Baltic Three - the richest by far is Estonia.

There are exeptions such as Germany, Austria and Norway.

So basically, there is no rule?

>English
>no gender system
Let me teach you how a truly no gender system works

A mesa
A banana

Why so damn salty my yuon?

>being autistic about languages

youtube.com/watch?v=46ehrFk-gLk

I bet you want us to call unspecified people "they" aswell.
fuck off faggot

The more complex the language, the more untouched culture. The false song of globalism didn't have time to destroy it. Which of course happens where jews can't modernize everything.
Glad to be poor so my language can stay pure and real.

If I said to a German
>Der Katze
Would they go
>Was ist 'Der Katze'? Ich verstehe nicht.

Hebrew is more complicated than croatian bruh.

Hebrew is also a dead language which is just being resurrected.

>speak english
>learning russian
>chairs, objects, rocks, planes all have a gender

This is fucking stupid.

They would understand that you meant "the cat" but it sounds retarded and is gramatically wrong. If you just misused the genders all the time, the language would break apart.

It's hard to find a comparison in English

Sure, Hebrew doesn't have noun cases, nor verb conjugations

at least I don't eat on a masculine object

No. They would either correct you or simply ignore it.

We have all the feminists here on fire because in Spanish we don't have a grammatical neutral gender.

Our neutral gender when speaking about no gender or multigender crowds or things is usually the masculine, so they refuse to use it or they use the feminine.

If we want to say "guys" to a group of people composed of 2 males and 2 females, we by default say "chicos", so feminists, trying to make a point, use "chicas" instead. It's a pretty dumb effort but it would be actually useful to have gender neutral words.

Stage a revolution and just use 'das' for every word

Hebrew is spoken as a first language by most of israelites. It's way beyond the revitalization phase.

fucking lmao

meme of the month

Fuck off with jewing our language. Take a look at this:

It's as if you said "does you wants dinner" instead of "do you want dinner"

>Das Tisch
>Das Gabel
>Das Stuhl

fuck me that sounds retarded

Sounds like France desu. Wannabe feminists who can't be arsed fighting over actual issues (abortion/equal wages etc) prefer to tackle non-existent problems.

You can't measure a big change in a language in increments smaller than 500 years.

Yeah, that's a fairly good comparison.

It just sounds dodgy and weird and wrong if you use the wrong gender

>mfw I found this out early in my life and I thought it was retarded and wanted a neutral gender
>mfw when as a grown up I like it just because it triggers feminazis

>Untouched Culture

This was what I was talking about with marked/unmarkedFeminine/Masculine is just a "classical" way of defining noun classes in romance languages.

This is simply bullshit. Proto-romance probably developed in a span of 150 years between the 5th and 8th century.

Do you know anything about linguistics at all?

ah yes, anglo news

Came here to post this

>not Swedish or Nordic at all
>those fucking tshirts
Sides are in orbit

Are you German or just a Germanboo?

>Dubbeglas Bierstein
>die Flüchtlingen sind schon in der Pfalz
SAY IT AINT SO

Hush my pet I blessed you with the best language in existence.

>The more complex the language, the more untouched culture

Do you actually believe this?

>langauge falling apart as a dark age dawns
>same as a language of one population slowly changing
Do you?

>"""""""""""""""dark""""""""""""""" ages made languages fall apart
wew, you are an absolute moron

>mfw listening to an 80 years old tango and I can understand every single word perfectly

what are you on about?
surely 150 years is not enough.

Did you just assume my languages gender?

>Common/ Neutral
sounds gay

>you are an absolute moron
Are you tone deaf? Nobody mentioned atheist meme about technology. Between 3rd and 9th century almost all centralization in Europe fell apart and people had to war against various tribes and peoples for their lives. There was no unity and most people lived much more isolated than before. Which actually supports my position that the less wealth and development in a country, its language is richer and less bastardized.

>wahh wahh why do different languages have different rules
mann the fuck up you stupid cunt

Genders are useless in a language.

Not enough for what? Language change is completely unpredictable, latin went from having 3 genders and noun cases to being romance language in less than 2 centuries, yet I can still read Dante's Inferno.

>surely 150 years is not enough.
It was back then. Maybe not now when we have extensive dictionaries and standardised languages that tell us how what is correct and what is not.

>no gender system
The only languages that make sense

>Genders are useless in a language

>people lived much more isolated than before
Yet in that span of time modern day romance languages developed, greek underwent even more changes then in the 1st century and proto-slavic was about to split into the modern slavic languages.

they really are
I mean what extra meanings do they carry?

I'm pretty sure you are the fedoraman here.
And just what does it matter? I could not care less if you call my chair "en" or "et", I just know that you sound retarded if you call it "et" because I'm not used to that.

>what extra meanings do they carry?

don't know how I messed that up

>arguments

Languages isn't designed to be 100% logical. I like my language how it is, no changes need in order to make it more easy for murifags to learn it.

>Slavic tribes dispersed and each developed their own version in isolation
Ok?

Don't know shit about Greek. Honestly, if you're trying to poke holes by trying to find exceptions that really aren't that, stop. It's not a productive conversation.

They mostly provide contextualization.

I hate how Romance and German languages don't really have integrated gender in the words - they need to place the gendered article in front of everything, like if they'd forget what gender the word is otherwise

>no changes needed
I'm not saying that it needs to change at all, and I think forcing the change would be ridiculous as well, but it doesn't change that grammatical gender is pointless.

How?

Lmao the fuck are they doing with these menhirs