Hey Sup Forums, What would you rate your parents parenting and why?

Hey Sup Forums, What would you rate your parents parenting and why?

6/10
They raised me strictly, but as it turns out they're huge hypocrites and growing up I relized how narcissistic and regretful they are for even having kids in the first place. Then as a teenager eventually gave up on discipline, and left me to do whatever i wanted when at a time i felt as if I needed parental guidance the most. But they never did anything vile and made sure I had fun every once in awhile. I just can't stand their personalities especially when it came to their parenting. But overall it was fine.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2fG9-W-OwCs
youtube.com/watch?v=mDyxykpYeu8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>how narcissistic and regretful they are for even having kids in the first place

Maybe that's because their kid is an asshole.

Well i got here somehow eh?

I'd rate mine a solid 9/10. Despite being poorfags who had 4 unplanned kids starting at 20, they managed to make sure that none of us turned out to be shitheads and have solid relationships with all of us. The last point is mostly because while they were good parents, they are people, and therefore in some ways shitty people and that did transfer over occasionally.

>solid 9/10
>poorfags
>4 unplanned kids starting at 20

Mother 10/10
Father 2/10
He was and still is a pile of shit

I'd say 7/10 for my only daughter who is 3yo now ...

It is better since last months but the beginning was very hard ... plus i miss my old life when i could do whatever i wanted to without having to think about a gremlins that would wake me up @ 6.30AM ...

Oops sorry, my bad, i read we had to rate the fact we had a kid ...

mom 7/10 homophob and religious af tho she ll die for me and my bro
dad 2/10 for being the fucking worst in anything and still laughing about his own family while he s a fucking n o b o d y

Father addicted to opiates until he was almost 50 year old (so, basically my whole life)

Mother a narcissistic, probably bipolar insane person, extremely manipulative and vindictive

Stepfather a verbal/physically abusive alcoholic

Parents were not so good, OP. Most of my friends weren't even allowed to come to my house when I was growing up.

She was caring and would always help if it was needed.
She supported me and helped me through tough times.
It's because of her that i can call myself "normal", the only thing she regrets to this day is: that she stayed with that asshole

If you're mother willingly bred with an asshole, she wasn't a 10/10, user.

8/10 bit stricter than what was good for me when I was younger, held me back from trying things outside my comfort zone but loosened up as I grew older.
Pretty good really. Always kept me clothed, fed and happy. Bought me stuff I needed, helped with all my studies.
Must be pretty good because me and my siblings either have good jobs or on the road to good jobs. Doctor, nurse, sales rep for medical insurance, and I'm currently training to be a paramedic while working as a normal medic.
Weird how we all went down the medical line though, my father wrote software mother was stay at home. So not sure why that happened haha.

5/10, if I'm being honest. Dad left when I was seven and existed in name only from then on, giving me only a cursory sense of having a father figure until my mom remarried. In the meantime my mom was a neurotic wreck who was emotionally unavailable and forced me to grow up more quickly than I'd like in order to care for her. She tried as hard as she could, though, so I guess there's credit where credit is due.

she told me that he was a good guy and there was good in him, even i saw that.
Thing is, i'm rating her parenting and not her judgement on people

8/10

Never been hit till I bleed, never been raped, always had food to eat and a bed to sleep in.
Some deductions for stuff like telling me to kill myself and that I am worthless, but that's just me being a little bitch about the truth. They wouldn't have said that without good reason.

I was and am a 3/10 child. So it's commendable they left me alive.

A person's judgment of other people has to do with their parenting, dude.

my mom is a solid 8/10, she raised me to be the best I could.
>I ended up in 4chin, and get fired pretty fast so you could say I don't live up to her expectations.

I don't have a relationship with my dad since I'm 2 yo so he is a 0/10.
my dad's brother is pretty cool despite almost all of his family hating me.
But in the end she did what she could do, she has never said one bad thing about my father and even asked me multiple times if I wanted to meet the fucker.

please tell me how it affects raising a child, because i don't get it.

>5/10 mom
>0/10 dad

Mom was a meth addict, but USUALLY kept food in the house and a roof over our heads. Usually.

Pops left when i was a baby, so yea.

Father : 0/20 because he left before i was born.
Mother : 7.5/20 because we move from England to France when i was 7. I droped out of school and we are poor so she she fucked me good....

bro...

8/10, nothing out of the ordinary

>n o b o d y
>o
>b
>o
>d
>y

>8/10
I would sign this exact post. But Well i became a teacher and am an amazing Person overall. So i got that going for me

Single mother
I'll rate 1/10
She worked to get me and my brother fed. Left my father over petty shit and drugs. She told us he would beat her and stuff, took us away, never saw him again. I was 5 back then. My mother started beating me at 6 and continued to do so until I got 17. I got bullied in school because I behaved like the most autistic shithead. Didn't even know social skills because all I got was hits in the face all my childhood from everyone. Someday after she came in with a belt because I skipped school and was about to hit me. I got so scared that I went apeshit and destroyed a door and my bed. My mom was in shock and I knew that she was scared now, and I just punched her full force on her face. Moved out, went to the military, learned how to be a decent person, got myself a girlfriend with whom I live together for 9 years now. My last interaction with my mother was my fist in her fucking mouth.

Yeah, I wish I did better.
I'm autistic, I live alone, unemployed, nothing but a community college degree, no talents and no prospects.

Some people are meant to be trash from the day they were born, not everyone deserves to be self actualized. I guess I'm one of those.

You punched your mother, you are a worthless shithead and she was right for hitting you all along.

It does not matter how your parents treat you, they made you and deserve your utmost respect, you are their property and you get no say in how they treat their property.

You are the lowest of the low.

I don't even care. I would bear her again and anytime. Someone who tosses in human life to treat it worse than that of an animal, one who is beating a child until it has broken bones does not deserve anything but pain and agony

6/10
Parents were always pretty strict growing up and dad was fairly controlling, dad would never let me go to parties without picking me up afterwards and I wouldn't be allowed to hang out with anybody unless dad and mum had met them. Both were very anti drugs and would always carry on about how me and my brother were never to touch drugs, once dad found a gram in my bag after school once and I was grounded for a month. Wasn't until late teens I found out that my parents grew weed in their walk in closet in there room and smoked it on a nightly basis without mine or my brothers knowledge, I just think it's funny that while I was trying my best to source cheap quality weed of my friends and hide it, just downstairs my parents were growing it and smoking it.

I'm a decent man now with a good job, so I guess they did raise me pretty well.

Inferior cretin peasants are everywhere throughout this website you have no idea what it is like to really be superior.. from having homework and school work get 100% so often the teachers mark it 110% as a joke
From being a super fast runner
amazing at keyboard/piano, drums, acting, swimming, wood work, maths, English, sports, guitar, cunning and pattern matching with heightened senses and a vast range of cognitive abilities far beyond your comprehension to invalids quotes of Einstein and behavior of stefan hawkings time machine party all the way to invalidating your whole existance
Being able to manipulate people with the truth so much that you are almost immune to being thought of as a lier
To the range of memory and visual thinking of remembering your whole day as 2-3 years old
And also being able to remember 3 different visual displays of video in your head at the same time as seeing real life
Or having your memory as a GPS
Only the troubled people fully can start to see you aren't perfect but they them selves begin to be annoyed at your superiority
This is not narcism or some lie this is a bunch of facts
crushing everyone's mind through logic and tricks and truth to the point they are confused or you start to wonder
Am I human?
This is what it is like to have aspergers and psychopathy
BASICALY everything of psychopathy and aspergers
Without the misunderstanding or insanity
I am a hybrid

Her child her right. If she beat you that much you must've made her extremely unhappy. A child's role is to improve the lives of their parents, to earn the right to live.

I cannot sympathize with you because you lashed out.

Father: 0/10
Mother: 4/10
Combined average: 2/10

Dad was abusive alcoholic pedophile who raped my older brother and sister, giving them both VD. After my mother took the kids and ran, he refused to pay child support and became a deadbeat dad in hiding.

Mother is 8th grade drop out who was abandoned by her schizophrenic mother and raised in a foster home. She has the parenting skills of a sea turtle but I give her four points for at least not being overly abusive. I can't rate her any higher though since she's the epitome of white trash--uneducated, lifetime welfare recipient, never instilled work ethic or importance of education in her children.

the bait is strong

10/10 still love em both
I got best the shit out of me when i did something wrong. Kinda helped me to respect my parents. And with respect they showed me kind of gratitude.
I once stole money from my father. He took my shirt of, unwrapped his belt and i got red marks on my back. Helped me to remember that i was a fucking idiot.
Then again, parenting was obviously easier back then because we had no smartphones and shit.
You have to be harder to the modern kids to achieve 10/10

8/10
Always good to me never beat me and always support me. Still they continue to treat me like I'm 12 although I'm fucking 20. Also still don't allow me to swear in the house.

9/10
They raised me the best they could with what they had.
We may not have been a wealthy family, hell, we were poor, and my parents may not have stayed together, but neither of them were ever out of line when it came to parenting.
When I was young my mother hit me when I did something wrong that warranted it, only got hit maybe five times at most before I stopped misbehaving. But that was mainly because my father hit my sister with a belt once and I new "okay fun's over time to stop pressing buttons."
I may have looked like a troubled child in elementary because I was C and D student, but once I hit middle school and immediately started making A's and B's I saw a great weight be lifted from their shoulders. I never surcame to peer pressure and my parents were so proud of me for not picking up bad habits all throughout my teenage life. They pretty much let me do what I want when I wanted because they knew they could trust me to do the right thing when I needed to. And I did.
The moral of the story is, raise your kids right and you wont have anything to worry about.

The thing is we got raised to be trash. I just found a way to not give a fuck anymore. The realization of modern society, worshipping dumbfucks. So just be dumb and dgaf

0/10
Mother almost killed me in rage, teeth missing from fathers beating over nothing, i'm missing a finger on my left hand. She slammed the door and my finger was a mess when I was 8. She refused to go to hospital
parents died 2 years ago on a car crash, happiest day of my life

You'd think a parent would have a little more pride in what they created? It's not like it's hard to pop out a child. Any idiot can do that, and if they're horrible parents they could've made the decision
to put it up for adoption, were there is atleast a chance for the kid to live a normal childhood. But like all the other bad decisions they make, they're also making the lives of there children who don't know any better miserable. I mean its not like any child askes to be born and raised in a shitty environment. Parents are just human. And they're a lot of horrible people out in the world that deserve a good punch regardless of blood relations.

8/10

Mother is a neurotic mess, but she lives to make her children happy. Father is always at the office, doesn't talk much, but is an excellent provider and gave us everything we ever wanted.

So how did I end up a heroin addict?

I wasn't raised to be trash, I was born trash and my parents knew it, major disappointment for them but they still kept me alive.

All I try to do is not make a fuzz and diminish my presence as much as possible, I'm a background character, nothing more.

Still cannot agree.
You should revere your creators, and if they're shit people, help them get better.
If you fail at that, you deserve what you get.

Forgot to add: father literally bought me a $220K house as a graduation present. Now it's mold infested and filled to the brim with my junkie friends

Not the guy you're replying to, but (with a stretch) you can say who she chose to raise a child with reflects on her parenting choices. Like I said, it's pretty fucking dumb, and a stretch, but it's got some sort of basis.

you almost got me user. Strong fucking bait.

2/10
2/10

Mother and father were both terrible parents, they treated me as an adult throughout my entire childhood. When I was upset I was not met with compassion and understanding I was met with anger, just like you would meet an adult's upset-ness with.

This video basically sums it up.

youtube.com/watch?v=2fG9-W-OwCs

Just try your best buddy. Im sure you'LL manage somehow. Drop the negativity and join cancerous ylyl threads and have a slight chuckle now and then.

Happy for ya bro

4/10
Have always lived in a house with two bedrooms and decided to have three kids

9/10

I grew up with the most awesome, loving parents ever. I'm really lucky because all around me growing up my friends parents were getting divorces. I give them a 9 and not a 10 because they could have punished me a bit more. They let me get away with a lot of shit when I was a kid but it never affected how I turned out.

9/10 under the circumstances?

Would not bang?

9/10, and thank god they were divorced because each of them taught me a lot of incredibly important things but had very different personalities. Guaranteed my childhood would have been much much worse if they had stayed together

Mom 6/10, she made me food when hungry, bought clothes, and did anything a mother has to do. But thats whole other thing. She is probably a real narcist, and she was violent bitch and would come to my room to break my toys when she had had a bad day at work. Also she fucking thinks she can just tell her children what to think and feel. Like try to force her weird liberal values to me and wondering and whining at what went wrong if I dont think or feel exactly like her about things.
Dad 1/10, not even going to go there. Thanks dad for getting your son end up whining on Sup Forums on an imageboard

Father 0/10, alcoholic, left/kicked out when I was 7, does not deserve another sentence.

Mother honest 10/10, I've never even heard about anybody coping with such a tough situatiob in the way she did. Alone with 3 (difficult) kids and poor education. We were poorfags but always had what to wear, what to eat and what to read. Mother would always find money if I said there was a book I wanted. Never remarried. Never brought home an "uncle". (Almost) Never cried that we could see or hear. Always supported us kids even when we were assholes. Raised me with freedom far beyond what my same age friends had, said she trusted me. And somehow it worked out alright. Now she's a grandma and she has my support in any way she needs for as long as we're both alive.

I might add that despite having no father and no rules, I grew up to be (i believe) quite successful in what I do.

5/10

dad died way too early and mom was always with friends or working. that left us 2 kids and a bipolar stepdad, and he didn't like to take his meds so things got intense fairly often. we had a nice middle class comfort level though. good food, nice house, nice clothes, etc. so hey it wasn't that bad. didn't get raped or beaten either.

eh 7/10 I guess it would be higher but when I was little they kept praising me for how smart I am and shit cause to be fair I was smart compared to my peers but since I got ez straight As without trying up until 8th or 9th grade I never developed proper studying habits and when shit started to get a little less basic I fucked up a bunch so yeah I guess that sucks

>Dad 1/10
>mom 3/10
>grandmother 11/10
My parents were in the grunge scene and did drugs when I was a baby
They left me with my poor grandma that literally scrubbed floors to get by and feed me and my other cousins. I lived with my dad when I was 11 for 6 months but then he found weed in my backpack and sent me to live with my mom because of I was "ruining his new marriage" my mother never quit the drugs and tho she was rarely sober, she still tried to be the best parent she could.

0/10

mom molested me, dad raped me

fml

9/10 for Dad, he would do anything for his kids. He wasn't academic but he taught me what is important in life. He died 2 years ago, he had Parkinsons and prostate cancer but alway maintained his humor, dignity and love for his kids.

1/10 for mum, she had Schizophrenia and Munchausin by Proxy. She was verbally, physically and emotionally abusive.

The wrong parent died.

Sorry bro my baby sitter touched me several times and now I'm screwed up sexually

Dad 4/10. Drugs > His kid; would do meth and whateverfucking else when I was around as a child. I haven't seen him since his fathers funeral.
Mom 6or7/10 Left dad and found a new man. Had kids with him and he isn't really that bad.

2/10
my sister and I were mostly raised by our grandmother because they both worked, they took us back to basically sleep over and spend sunday with them and treated us like some huge burden. my father ignored me and only showed affection to my sister and my mother countered by doing the same to me but it was like she was having a completion with dad and when he wasn't around she didn't care anymore. when my sister turned 12 dad started to molest her, one night I walked into the kitchen and her was fucking her on the table. my mothers reaction was to take it out on my sister an she kicked her out when she was 15. even though she had divorced dad by the time my sister was 16 she still hated her like it was her fault.
she sent me away to a boarding school for 5 years and as soon as I graduated told me not to expect to come home. by this time my sister had had two kids and had moved in with our dad as she had no where left to go and he was fucking her again. I suggest we pool our resources and get a place together with the help of our granmothers inheritance and we shacked up. being totally fucked up by our parents my sister started to come on to me all the time and finally jumped me naked in bed so we started to fuck.
life is fucked up and its all there fault.

Do you have enough money to sustain your habit? Do you want to quit?

wow, dude

4/10 raised by my mother left my dad when I was two because of the problems he had, but she was also a sociopathic bitch. Worked most of the time, be me never asking questioning her authority for a while. She very strict, too strict that in fact I don't have any social skills and was bullied at school too.if I ever got in trouble she would beat the shit outta me. Hit puberty. Pretty much came to that age where I lash out. Punched her in the face, she got so mad she dragged me to the kitchen to get a knife, tbh idk if she was going to kill me or merely cut my hand off. Crazy bitch. Well I guess I can't blame her since she's lived in a third world country until she was an adult, who knows what kind of things that have happened that she hasn't mentioned.

Well i have to express 2 different votes:
1/10 to my mother, she only cared about my brother and her mother, never cared about me, let my big brother bully me, and defending him when i reacted. Always letting him steal/ruin my things and taking my things (even money) to give them to my brother. She also depicted always bad with my teachers, so they always gave me low scores even when i deserved more.

6/10 to my father, since he always tried to be even, and he did his best to raise me correctly. Sadly he was poorly suggested by my mother, and did not wanted to argue with her even if he knew she was wrong

mom 10/10, lovely woman not wrong with her
dad 5/10, typical corporate asshole but still love him regardless and the inheritance will be bank

Dad non existant/10
Mom 10/10

She did keep me sheltered to some degree (like not allowing me to hang out with girls) back in high school, but she raised me awesomely. A single mother with a masters degree working two jobs and still managed to cook food for me all these years. As soon as I finish medical school I'm going to take care of everything so that she can do what she wants and teach history.

youtube.com/watch?v=mDyxykpYeu8

if you are here, your parents have failed

Vote for me. I will abolish the inheritance tax.

dad 0/10
piece of shit. nobody likes him
mom 10/10
amazing, sweet, kind, forgiving

2/10

They beat the shit out of me, refused to teach me anything so I would be as helpless as possible when I entered the real world and let my brother beat and molest me for 15 years.

Never had a family picture in which I was smiling and never had a time where I could sit of move around comfortably because of the bruises all over my body from the repeated beatings.

Dad died when I was 13/10 was abusive and a alchol.
Mom 10/10 worked shit jobs to keep food on the table, went into debt to allow me to travel around America. Only person I have in this world. Would murder someone if she asked.

>poorfags
>we didn't eat somedays
>we never stayed anywhere more than 4 years at a time
>lived in hotels and sometimes houses or apartments
>dad was junky
>mom is a little strange
>mom was nice
>dad was nice when he wasn't fucked up

Mom 8/10
Dad 5/10

bro..

And you gave them 6/10? What an ass.

the fuck, was he bi?

4/10

Not physically abusive, but shitty anyway. I guess if I was the fragile type I'd say my father was 'emotionally abusive', but usually I just say that he was a dick and he never really wanted me anyway. My mother had lost custody of her first child in a previous marriage, so she was the opposite extreme, very overbearing and lavished praise and attention on me. It left me completely unable to establish lasting friendships with other males, and I expect an unrealistic amount of devotion from girlfriends and female friends. Thankfully I managed to find a girl who had had a similar experience and married her, so we get along very well.

Had I been born on the autism spectrum I worry that I'd have grown up to be like Chris-Chan. But thankfully I'm 'neurotypical', so I've managed to live a mostly normal life.

hey, how did they beat you? I'm trying to find a right balance but I don't know how to hit a kid without making it seem like it's out of spite but out of discipline. Should I be unemotional while doing it?

Don't be a faggot, they are giving you a good lesson in house ethics.

also they never taught me any life skills so when i got out in the world i didn't know what to do and i still don't. mom used to drop me off at her abusive parents house when we lived in her town. and they pulled me out of school in the sixth grade. i mean, they obviously had issues so i try not to judge too hard.

4/10

When I was younger I got in a fist fight and was sent away to Bel Air to live with my Uncle. I hardly ever seen my mama or papa anymore so I don't even know why I'm giving them a four. Bel air sure is a beautiful place though...

what the fuck user, I would kill to be in your position. I can follow my dreams to be a researcher without worrying about a house and shit

my parents 9/10.

they tried. they weren't perfect but they always did what they thought was the best at the time. if we were poor I never knew it growing up. I'm very thankful. I have friends who grew up in different situations so yeah...my parents never spoiled me and bought me a lot of shit...but they did the best with what they had so I can't complain.

Same here only 2 instead of four. upper-lower class people who never learned about money or college but genuinely wanted the best for their kids and didn't raise them to be spoiled shit heads.

5/10
Mum and dad into drugs, Dad went out alot, they broke up, not entirely sure who's fault it all is but mum took us to live elsewhere, stayed with her for a bunch of years, we moved a shitton, she would always get upset and trash the house then make us kids clean it up then trash it again for hours on repeat, she tried to wrap a power cord around her neck and strangle herself while where sitting in front of her trying to comfort her, also it was only weed but it got to the point it was completely normal for her to do it in kitchen and no qualms seeing it, as kids. Hardly know my dad, he has another family, see him sometimes at random events and its just like hey guy I know, hey user. Really want to know who's fault it is growing up, dad could have been as bad as mum made him out to be or she could have overreacted to everything and fucked up and taken us away.

Damn, nigga.

5/10
mother cared about me and my well being. She kept me fed at all times and stuff, but didn't teach me anything about how life works and was never home. Had no father but i never really cared.

is this bait? cause im close to biting

also i got hit a lot when i was younger.
like with a leash and stuff. shit was crazy

Going to have to separate my parents into two different ratings. Father is a 1/10. Openly admits only had children because he was a gag that needed cover because the traditional thinking people's opinions that he cared about wouldn't accept him for what he was at the time. Constantly left my mom to raise me, my sister, and my brother alone while he trolled around in different parts of the state where no one knew him so he could get guys to duck him in the Ass. Mom is a 9/10. Always made sure we were fed and taken care of. Would drop everything she was doing if we really needed her. Supporting to all of us all the way through college and graduate programs. Even asked if she regrets having us, always says she knew she wanted to be a mother. Divorced when I was 10 after she found evidence and is my strongest example. Reason for not 10/10 is she lets my brother and sister get away with dumb shit all the time that I have better sense not to do.

>duck
oh, you can't bring yourself to say 'fuck'. How sweet

4/10
Mom is an alcoholic spaz and dad is a Ted Cruz supporter. Divorced when I was 14.

9/10
4 kids, all well adjusted, going/finished college
Can't recall any spanking, but my mom became a health but at some point mocking my chubby sister and my dad wouldn't believe anything you'd say unless you have a peer reviewed source that proves you're right.

9/10 mom
8/10 dad
Mom was surgical nurse, dad was a surgeon. Saw mom more often. Dad worked from 6 pm to 6 am mom worked from 7 to 4. So she was usually the one who's help me with my homework etc. then they both retired around 3 years ago and are attempting to make up lost time with me. Even though I'm 27 and now have my own life.

0/10, they kept me lock in the house for 16 years, i have no idea how the outside world works.

5/10 Parents were alcoholics, spanked the shit out of me, always dragged me along when going out drinking, constantly fighting with eachother etc.

But on the other I always had food to eat, had a roof over my head.