Donny was out of his element.

>Saved peoples life from Alien Apocalypse
>His bunker/house = His rules
>Ungrateful bitch turns against him and try to kill him

How is he the villain again?

lmao cuck

A hitler metaphor.

>mfw people think he's the villain
>mfw people don't realize Emmett was the one that kidnapped the little girl, and lied to Michelle so she would turn against Howard just so they would team up to kill Howard and end up living like a couple.

Wife took hs daughter and he wanted a replacement.

damn, never thought about it this way
that's interesting

How does this take into account the part where Howard shows the photo and says she's his daughter?

It doesn't because it's a shit theory

Wow I guess I never thought about it that way. Maybe he never even raped the fat girl before MEW.

He was a straight, white male.

The last parts of the movie made me laugh so much. What the fuck were they thinking to do this? Such a waste of Goodman.

It's pretty obvious he never thought of MEW or the missing girl in a sexual way. The "little princess" scene clinches it.

and he didnt want emmet touching her because he didnt want him doing lewd things with his "daughter"

That is Megan, his daughter. Emmett pretended it was someone else to make Howard seem like a bad guy.

that totally explains the blood and HELP message by the air filtration system.
moron.

Emmett killed her.

He killed a girl and had massive psychological problems

The girl was killed before the aliens invaded and there is no way that Howard just kept a place like that open to the public where emmett could store some girl
stop being stupid

He hates those star wars prequels.

>be Emmett
>kidnap little girl
>fuck her then kill her in the bunker you're building
>michelle tells him about howard showing her the photo of his daughter
>perfect chance to frame howard AND live alone with a 9/10 waifu

>there is no way that Howard just kept a place like that open to the public where emmett could store some girl
Emmett had access to that room because it was part of the bunker and he helped build the bunker.

Movie would have been 10x better if Emmet was played by Buscemi

emmett literally built the place you mongoloid

The way I interpreted this movie is that Howard represents the retrograde separatist. He is depicted as a man who has made preparations to keep himself safe away from society.

MEW and Emmett are "typical" Americans who lived their own lives pursuing their own interests as a part of society with all the positives and negatives associated with life.

Howard yearns for a world in which he emerges through his own seclusion and neuroses as a savior. Yet he is a failed human being--so failed that he is forced to kidnap a woman (and likely raped, murdered, and dissolved her in acid) for companionship.

The external threat represents the shared challenges of mankind. Though terrifying and destructive they can be resisted and overcome. But cooperation and inclusion as part of mankind is required.

Better to be a part of the world with all its struggles than to succumb to the false salvation of a literal neckbeard whose price for security is John Goodman pounding your pussy.

>Happy family (maybe)
>He becomes conspiracy nut, alienating his family
>Wife and daughter leaves
>His daughter is his life, this ruins him
>Befriends a kid from the local school that will be his daughters age/age of daughter when she left
>Traps her in his bunker
>Weird father daughter roleplay (maybe some incest)
>She fucks up, he kills her; regrets it, damages him further
>Alien invasion
>See's a young girl driving down the road on her own
>Runs her off the road on purpose, not accidentally like he claims
>Takes her to try and repeat having a daughter again

youtube.com/watch?v=p7QQfPRLeHw

I think Emmett blocked the air filtration system so Michelle would find the earring and bloody message. It makes no sense as to why someone would leave those two things in the room if it wasn't on purpose.

buscemi was busy with something else

Emmett says "I got in a different way." after saying that he got locked out at the main door.

Emmett is the one saying that the girl in the photo isn't Howards daughter.

The movie is trying to put you at the girls side to see Howard as the bad guy, every single time.

Howard is just special, not accepted by the community.

He is a metaphor for the aliens.

>and likely raped
It's extremely unlikely he raped her.

Why does literally every male-on-female crime get assumed to include rape?

The one thing that does make me think he had something to do with the girl's death is the beginning scene where Howard yells "WHAT DID YOU DO?!" after that crashing sound. Later he says he "knocked over a shelf with food" but that sounds made up. Also it's possible the burn on his shoulder was actually from that acid.

Agreed. It's not like he was insane. The air really was poisonous and ayy lmaos really were attacking the Earth.

>got in a different way

Forgot to continue on the note that Emmett was the only one that could fit into that exit and entrance into the air filtration room. Howard is too fat.

>Runs her off the road on purpose, not accidentally like he claims
yeah that whole story was bullshit
he pulled up at the gas station, saw her and though hey she would make a good daughterfu. (crashing intensifies)

Because we are men and we know what men think.

>Emmett says "I got in a different way." after saying that he got locked out at the main door.
Does he? That confirms he is the bad guy then since he would have had to go through the air filtration system.

Emmett built it you tard. Also in the original script Emmett killed Megan, but they left it more ambiguous in the movie.

there was a hatch to get into the air room
howard threw the girl he kidnapped in there through that

Don't lie. You just pulled that shit out of your ass.

Oh, c'mon fag. Did you not notice the not-so-subtle "Hey, Emmett is gone, and I shaved and put on a shirt and tie" scene?

Howard is so thirsty that he goes full high school date mode on her. That is high-test autism seduction.

>in the original script Emmett killed Megan
[citation needed]

>whose price for security is John Goodman pounding your pussy.
He wouldn't give his boipussy up to the Goodman. Are you some sort of faggot or something?

this is how I see it, the guy was a stopped watch who just happened to be right when the aliens hit

one odd thing though: what about the offscreen ruckus between howard and emmett and the broken arm?

Yeah I thought that was pretty clear, dunno how people didn't see it.

That combined with the ice cream screamed dad role-play to me.

>normies are right
wow, what an edgy insightful moral of the story

I rechecked it and he said "So I found my way in." after he said Howard locked the door before him.

Still, howard can't get in there, so there'd be a corpse or more signs of her being in that room. He can't clean it all up is what I'm saying.

Anyway, this movie could have been so much more.

>burn was from the acid
This is another thing. The woman on the outside had slightly different looking burns (more like a rash) and she was covered in them. He had one little splash mark on his shoulder.

MEW never stepped on his balls, the ungrateful bitch

emmet wasn't perpetuating the 'chemical air' theory though, so no bunker snusnu for him

I genuinely wouldn't go around raping people in an apocalypse, I'd leap at an opportunity to become a warlord and oppress people so I don't die poor, I might turn a blind eye if any of my men do it, but I wouldn't waste time on bitches

>howard can't get in there
wat. nigga hes not that fat the hatch was pretty big

Projection: the post

>hes not that fat

Hello, Tumblr!

I love MEW so much that I wanted to be her watching this. And get banged by Goodman. I don't even know anymore.

NOOOOO! My fee-fee's!

>It's not like he was insane. The air really was poisonous and ayy lmaos really were attacking the Earth.

That's right. However, he was insane because he kidnapped young women and forced them into the role of his estranged daughter before killing them for failing his unrealistic ideals.

Howard has a weird daddy/daughter thing going on, he can't even think of michelle as a woman because he's already picturing her as his new "little girl". But is it sexual? He could've raped her but he doesn't.

>The way I interpreted
god i hate shitposters

And Goodman kidnaps Jeff Bridges to be his daughter

>that rug really ties the bunker together

>tfw you build a perfect comfy bunker to escape the ayyy lmaos but normies ruin everything

the ending of this movie is sooo shit with the character becoming a mary sue kicking the aliens' ass and the "IM AN AMERICAN WOMAN, LETS FIGHT THOSE ALIENS, INDEPENDANCE DAY HERE I AM"

>She's a girl?
>She's a girl?
>She's a ...kid?
>She's a girl?
>Ah! She's a princess!

She's a woman Howard m8

Howard is just an innocent pedophile who did nothing wrong

If he did actually knock over a shelf of food, I can't see him hesitating to clobber him

ONE OF US

Great scene.

and besides that why would howard build an vital section of the bunker like that and put a hatch on that that he couldn't fit through
the hatch being the one way in there and it being an outside access is retarded in the first place actually. if emmett and michelle weren't their hed have to walk outside to get to it
nice planning there howard

She did it because she was tired of people getting hurt on her behalf

>the story about the little girl
>her brother taking abuse for her
>Emmet taking the blame

Quit projecting your retarded rhetoric into it

a well intentioned psycho is still a psycho

Did Goodman intentionally add a slight retard/autist inflection to his voice, or is that just how he sounds now?

Hey I'd forgotten about her rough childhood backstory. Neat.

>innocent pedophile

Howard being a creepy rapist was obvious, too obvious, it was almost insulting, but knowing the average American female they'd be all too pleased to have their feelings "validated" by the movie rather than being forced to question them.

I wouldn't do away with the rape, but ideally Howard wouldn't be the bad guy, he would turn out to be a schizophrenic who became a survivalist more to escape from people and who had difficult taking care of himself after his wife died or something while Emmet is an attractive charismatic Chad and apparently a cool dude who murders Howard because he has no use for him and so he can turn Michelle into a fucktoy during his long stay in the bunker. At first Michelle believes his story about Goodman murdering Megan, until she finds evidence that Megan was his daughter and he was the one who called the police and started a search or something.

Eventually she becomes a strong womyn in a realistic way, by taking him by surprise and being desperate and savage in her attack, stabbing him in the eyes, biting, etcetera.. then she escapes.

maybe

The woman on the outside said that "it barely touched me." It was some kind of virus/poison that did that to her skin, not the air.

>innocent pedophile

>innocent pedophile
cunnyfag pls

>Howard being a creepy rapist was obvious, too obvious

what tipped you off, the part where he kidnaps and chains up the main character in the first 10 minutes of the movie.

the only reason you question that he's a bad dude is because you're expecting a tweest. if they had done something more typical like made him seem like a caring paternal figure at first and slowly revealed him to be a creep then it would've felt really obvious. instead they played with expectations

>innocent pedophile

then why did he let the other guy coming in if he just wanted to rape her ?

What are you fags on about? This is a made up story with parts purposefully obfuscated and ambiguous.

You can fill in those parts with whatever the fuck you want. They don't actually exist. Are you people fucking mental?

Morbid obesity.

There was no rape in the movie, not even implied. They hammer it in that it's a father-daughter obsession.

Dk you know where you are right now? Get off your high horse

>it's a John Goodman is a bad man episode

I heard that this movie was never supposed to be a Cloverfield movie and they added in that last bit just to make sure it got made

which makes sense because up until the ending it's a really good movie

>innocent pedophile

>morbid
nah

>Goodman being in the room every time she had to pee
>that room of hers that probably smells a little like her sweat and feet

ending would have been good with her simply driving away and that lightning revealing the alien ships to the audience

>people still think he did nothing wrong

>innocent pedophile

Alright so can someone explain the girl and the ear ring please. Was or wasn't Howard a weird serial killer. I'm going to say yes because otherwise what was the deal with the acid in the barrel.

he was, despite the retarded theories ITT

>didn't watch the flick
The acid in the barrel was a precursor to fuel or whatever. Yes, he kidnapped girls and treated them like his daughter. Emmett was the only one who could have killed fake Megan since John Goodman can't fit in the air ducts.

the ear ring is the same as in the picture

the earthing room had an obvious ground-level hatch which Goodman could ostensibly access before the outside air was toxic