twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I agree.

what am i looking at ?

We know

and op is a fag

Off by 2

I've been good this year, Satan.
Plz bring me same lube as last year.

It is the master who makes molecules go on and help you in your shitty life, you fag you who said "op fag". Thank him for your life, or your future death if you don't like it.

picture of me

im 18 so its okay

I challenge you to a debate.

Sincerely, an Atheist.

not op here go for it, you can start

are you a Paki ?

nah indo, in aussie rn

The burden of proof is on the one that claims. So you go first, please.

im not OP?

i have no idea what to argue, im christian btw, you go first

You are saying that you are Christian, but you don't have an argument for God?.

So, why do you believe in God?

well, ive read the bible, done my own research on the topic and i can assume that god is real

why are you an athiest when there is so much evidence

I don't need a reason to be an Atheist, it is not a belief, it is simply a position.
I am an Atheist because of the absence of reason to believe in God.

So, what evidence do you have for God?
After all the burden of proof is on you.

>>not the one you argued with but ill contribute,
>dinosaurs
>evolution
>all of the stuff in the bible are not possible
>4200+ religions, you were born into christianity, it must mean its right!
>9/11, isis and all other terrorist attacks
and for my final evidence
>fuck god and fuck everything that involves him.
see?, nothing.

>why are you an athiest when there is so much evidence

Give me an example. Just one will do.

well, i see that god created the world to be like this, and genesis is more of a poem then actual 7 days of creation being that time is around god and it is not real.

7 days for god could be millions of years for us

All the stuff in the bible is not possible, what about shit like people being clincally dead for hours then coming back to life?

9/11, isis and the other terrorist attacks, no idea what you mean by this? as well as

>fuck god and fuck everything that involves him.

anything else homie?

>ttacks, no idea what you mean by this? as well as
Sorry, i believe in the flying spaghetti monster, he boiled for our sins, prove him wrong will you?

If he is real why would he create a world full of suffering,death and uncertainty.

the bible being so god damn old, why would people continuously print a bit of fucking text if it was fake?

the diciples all died due to their faith, whether that was being stoned to death, or being crucified.

Why the fuck would they die because of fake shit? that makes no sence, if you were bullshitting about something for ages, then someone said youd die if you say its true, then youd obviously say it was false unless something would happen if you said that (going to hell)

If he's real why would he make you a nigger?

god isn't real, and even if he is, he is one i don't wanna believe in

>why would people continuously print a bit of fucking text if it was fake
Because people buy it.

santa and the easter bunny are also real

This falls under the debate of free will

with free will, this means that if you were about to punch a wall, and god knew that would hurt you, he'd stop it right?

Well if he did that, you wouldnt be able to do much, as if he stopped every bad thing from happening, then why the fuck would give someone free will, because they cant do what they like

they didnt sell the bible commonly until around the mid 1400's during the printing press, meaning thta they had to fucking do that shit by hand

k

And he hates shitskins. Time to kill yourself subhuman

So you believe in the whole bible or just the book of Genesis.

What you are saying is simply the cosmological argument for the existence of God.

>be me
>rather go to hell then believe in god
>die
>go and suffer eternally in hell

the whole bible, if just gensis then thats fucking retarded

unlike you i am not frightened to believe in a god, BELIEVE IN YOUR ALMIGHTY LOVER OR HE WILL BURN YOU IN HELL

no thanks.

Leviticus Chapter 25, verse 44:

Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. You can will them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly.

nice job believing in a god that condones slavery

I'll just drop this here.
youtube.com/watch?v=6hCQLEIWadk

>Leviticus Chapter 25, verse 44:
Google 'indentured servitude'. Slavery, as described in Scripture, was not kidnapping someone and forcing them to work as a slave. It was what we now call indentured servitude, where people voluntarily sold themselves to pay off a debt, take care of their family, or own land (aka serfs, in this usage). It has been common throughout history, and is not the same as what we call slavery today. Kidnapping someone was punishable by death, whether you'd sold them or they escaped in some fashion; see Exodus 21:16.

If there is a God, it's not one we know of. Not the Christian/Muslim/Jewish God. We wouldn't be informed about him. He doesn't talk to people and never has. That's why people who talk to him now are called schizophrenics.
If there is a God, I think he started the universe and that's it. No afterlife. Nobody watching over us.

the bible is the book what is making more atheist.
rape,sacrificies,magic,shit.
you can beliebe in god, but you can't believe in these shitty books.
amen.

sure, everyone and whatever stops their tears

god doesnt send anyone to hell, we are already on the path to hell

god says yo believe that my son died for you, and just be a christian and you wont die

its our fault for sin we are already on the path to hell, god doesnt send anyone to hell

that feel when im not OP, and im the one answering every question

love another guy to help, im in hearthstone and this thread pls

i hope i didnt miss any questions though

also, the bible was first written in hebrew, it directly translates to serf (or atleast the defintion)

so chill homie

So you believe if a women is raped, then the rarest should give her father fifty shitless of silver and marry the rape victim? - Deuteronomy 22:28-29

So you believe: Exodus 21:7
"If a man sells his daughter as a female slave, she is not to go free as the male slaves do.

There are many passages that are like this in the bible.

Not to mention it's contradictions.

It's not a choice you dumb shit. I tried reading the bible and going to church to get my faith back but I just don't believe it's true. I'm sure it helped a lot of people when the science just wasn't there, and I'm sure it helps people now when they feel in need. But I can't chance my beliefs. If I could I would.

The consequence for raping a woman engaged to be married was stoning Deuteronomy 22:25.

If the woman was not engaged, the rapist was spared for the sake of the woman’s security. Having lost her virginity, she would have been deemed undesirable for marriage—and in the culture of the day, a woman without a father or husband to provide for her would be subject to a life of abject poverty, destitution, and social ostracism. As such, the rapist was compelled to provide for the rape victim for as long as he lived. Thus, far from barbaric, the law was a cultural means of protection and provision.

this states it pretty well

well, i was really lacking in faith, and pretty much thinking god wasnt real

then this guy prayed for me and holy shit it was the best thing ever, like there was this feeling like i was being embraced, loved, happy

it was the best thing ever (better than sex)

and i cant even begin to explain how worried i feel for people who dont believe in god, i genuinely dont want you guys to die in hell, but sadly some people wont even listen

its sad.
i hope you get your faith back

And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

Revelation 12:3

Just going to say, that's a pretty weak argument. There is plenty of suffering that is not related to free will. If a child develops bone cancer, they have not had any individual say in this. Nobody's actions have caused or could have prevented it. It was purely a product of chance, which God is supposed to have complete control over. If God were to decide that the chances would work out so that the child did not develop this tragic disease which would cause tremendous damage to the lives of everyone, he would actually be impacting on the free will of people less than if he chose to give them cancer, as he would not be establishing an environment in which his actions influenced other people's decisions. Also, a bible reading will show a shitload of times God intentionally intervenes in human life, and influences the outcome of people's free will.

Dude dont fucking get me started on revalations

in context the entire book is about this guys visions of the end of the world, and what heaven will look like

its really to be interpreted and im not knowledgeable enough to know it

>I can assume
Implying you have no concrete evidence so you assume.

you know what i mean, i forgot the world that means i believe 100% so i just wrote assume

sadly, i dont know, im not god. I dont know why people get cancer, i dont know why people die in car accidents.

With the obvious "answer" of god works in mysterious ways *yada yada* i dont know

but with all this fucking insane shit that has happened to me, will this one thing i dont know change my life?

maybe the reason why this shit happens is because there is a larger plan?

we are like ants, and god is like the people building a highway next to the ants.

do the ants know what is going on?

no

do they wonder why some of the ants die due to people creating the highway

maybe idk im not an ant

but we are so insignificant compared to the highway, but we matter in gods eyes,

sorry i dont know a better answer... :C

If the bible is your evidence for God, then it is not very good evidence at all. Seeing that it has so many contradictions (bibviz.com/) this would not even hold up in a court of law.
Besides this, it has no real bearing on the existence of God.

Your mustache killed him

>bibviz.com/
there are some primary sources about the bible as well (not op)

which one?

What are your primary sources?

>it was the best thing ever (better than sex)

implying you've ever had sex with anything other than your hand and a bible

here are some, legit a quick google search

not op, not answer questions guy

pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/religion/maps/primary/

authorship of the Old Testament has been studied by academics and is generally considered to be the work of multiple authors over many centuries, with many different stages of rewriting, censoring and editing; therefore is not very reliable. One popular theory is the documentary hypothesis which considers the Old Testament to be largely written by four anonymous authors, each with different agendas and priorities.

The New Testament was based on oral traditions and stories that were passed down in the early church and were written down several decades after Jesus's crucifixion. The gospels are not primary or even second hand accounts but more likely many times removed from the original events.
While many of the books of the Bible are named or attributed to Moses or the Apostles, they were probably not the actual authors. The exception is Paul the Apostle who actually did write many (but not all) of letters attributed to him. However Paul was not an eye witness to the events described in the gospels. As part of a religion, the authors of the Bible had an obvious religious motivation to invent or enlarge stories that suited their purposes.

I cum on Mary's statue and I shit on Jesus' face
I put my dick between 2 bibles while shouting praise the lord

While lack of evidence does not automatically imply non-occurence. However, in cases where evidence would be expected to be found and a search for evidence is conducted, lack of evidence does imply non-occurence.

There is no reliable evidence of a global flood or an ark, apart from the Bible. There is no archaeological remains of the Tower of Babel and it fails to explain linguistic patterns.
The story of the tribe of Joseph being held as slaves in Egypt and wandering in the Sinai for 40 years lead by Moses as told in Exodus is false. There is also no evidence of the ten plagues. Archaeologists now consider the evidence to be overwhelming and further searches for evidence are "a fruitless pursuit".

god is real but the bible and similar book are just mostly outdated nonsense from ancient desert people

>god is real but the bible and similar book are just mostly outdated nonsense from ancient desert people

Still waiting on a single piece of evidence for your god. Just one example will do.

Apologists claim that many archaeological finds or present day locations confirm the Bible.
"If you open to almost any page in the Bible you will find a name of a place and/or a person. Much of this can be verified from archaeology"

However, most of the findings are of nobles or locations that featured in the Bible are fairly trivial. The tomb of a person may establish that person's existence. Ruins indicate a location may have existed. However, it does not validate the specific events that are described, which have no corroboration. A similar fallacious argument could be made:

-Homer's Iliad mentions Greece and Zeus.
-Based on archaeological finds, the ancient Greek civilisation existed.
-Therefore Zeus exists.

No amount of correct trivia validates the narrative of the Bible. Independent sources of the events described would validate it. Apologists ignore the lack of evidence in several important areas and are cherry picking archaeology.

Roll a 7 and I will second guess my thoughts in God

>92131661 (You)
Only, I wouldn't say ants matter to highway builders. If they really did, the ants would be spared.
I could accept the existence of a God who was not all-powerful, and was simply trying his best.
I could also accept the existence of a God who was all-powerful, but did not truly value individual humans as being very important in the grand scheme of things.
I can't accept a loving and omnipotent God. Perhaps God is not bound by logical laws, but these are the only tools I have for understanding reality.

Maybe first it's important to define what I mean by God. There are lots of views about God. Some see him as a mythical fairy in the sky, others as the Supreme Being. Some consider him a threat to our freedom. I don't see God this way. God is not one being among many. He's not a competitor to our flourishing. God is that than which nothing greater can be thought, the strange and unique source of being itself. God isn't some Bigfoot or other entity, some flying spaghettimonster you could find evidence for in this physical universe.

I assume by evidence you mean scientific evidence, science wich measures and understands the physical observable universe, but not the world of the divine and God.. I don't have scientific evidence.

But do you really think science is the only way to gain truths about this life? Listen to Shakespeare or Goethe or someone else that has lived before the scientific method came about, don't they have truths to tell trough their poetry, about our human nature, about life, about God? Doesn't religion and philosophy also lead to great truths? Should we really just dismiss them completely just because they aren't scientific?

Don't fall into the trap of this secular society called scientism, and become a dull atheist.. there are many scientists deeply religious, famous ones too.. you don't need science to be reasonable, and the claim that God exists isn't so far out there that you could this easily refute it. I'm glad you found a way to feel superior to religious people though, must be nice.

>"I assume by evidence you mean scientific evidence, science wich measures and understands the physical observable universe, but not the world of the divine and God.. I don't have scientific evidence."

Do you believe that God created the heavens and the earth?
Does God answer prayers?
What I am trying to get at is... Does God have any interaction outside of this divine realm?

>Do you believe that God created the heavens and the earth?
yes.
>Does God answer prayers?
listens to them but has a divine plan, and not every shmuck with a prayerbook can mess that up.. but if you listen deeply you can feel gods will, and if your prayer comes from a pure place in your heart it sometimes aligns with the plan..
>Does God have any interaction outside of this divine realm?
to use a psychological term, yes mostly through our subconsciousness, but there are people who have deeply spiritual experiences and experience God consciously too, become mystics or prophets or shamans..

>God isn't some Bigfoot or other entity, some flying spaghettimonster you could find evidence for in this physical universe.

That's convenient for you.

>I don't have scientific evidence.

You don't have any evidence at all.

>Listen to Shakespeare or Goethe or someone else that has lived before the scientific method came about, don't they have truths to tell trough their poetry, about our human nature, about life, about God?

I know Shakespeare and Goethe existed. There is evidence for their existence.

>Doesn't religion and philosophy also lead to great truths?

Religion, no. The exact opposite in fact.

>there are many scientists deeply religious, famous ones too..

The % of theistic scientists in the scientific community is very low.

>I'm glad you found a way to feel superior to religious people though, must be nice.

The irony!

I personally am an agnostic atheist because of the lack of a god. That's a big one for me. Lol.

I say lack of a god because there's no evidence for a god; at least no evidence that would be sufficient enough for science. Since science requires empirical evidence, and since there is none for the absurd claim of a god, I have no reason to believe.

I am agnostic as should everyone else. Just like I am agnostic about the existence of fairies and elves. It is technically possible that they exist. However, it's so unlikely and there is zero evidence, so simply don't believe they exist.

I will, just skip a few steps for this...

If you say yes he did create the heavens and earth and/or answers prayers etc. Therefore God interacts with the physical realm; therefore there must be physical evidence for this. Of you say we just haven't found it yet, or we won't be able to detect any evidence for whatever reason, then we are back to square one. What is the reason to believe in God?

If you say no to the above; he doesn't have interaction with the physical realm, then again we are back to square one. What is the REASON to believe in God.

Maybe the Big Bang was god creating the universe?

>>Do you believe that God created the heavens and the earth?
let me elaborate, yes, the earth through big bang, cosmic laws like gravity that formed earth, and created us through evolution.

Hm I'm not a catholic, but if you want to know more about a reasonable view of God and how one can believe in him while upholding science, there's this pastor on youtube that explains shit to atheists all the time, so if your genuinely interested listen to this: youtube.com/watch?v=qj0V7JhMJ3w

I get that there are all kinds of fundies, especially in merrica, but there's a reasonable view of God and the world. I'm not even a christian, I'm just someone very interested in religion. I think the Jesus story is just that, a story that points towards God, like a what if story, what if God was a human.. you know, what would it be like, but not literal fact.

H I
T E S T

If God has a plan for us then why pray? If God is all knowing, then why pray?

beliebe in whatever sacrificies you want, but the fact that you interpret the Bible literally makes you just as bad as the fucking Orthos and evangelists.

This is called the cosmological argument for the existence of God. It is such a common argument. You can look into it yourself.

Which god?

I'll pray for you

Religion doesn't feel like a supernatural thing, but a man-made thing. All the politics, the controversy, the divisions, the reputation and stigma, the ways in which it is broadcasted and communicated are all traits that many other non-supernatural human things have. It’s just far too human to be a thing that comes from intelligent life.

Intelligent design? Haha haha

There are approximately 4,200 religions out there. What makes your definition of God right, and others' wrong?

Religion will always be around, even if we entirely prove the universe's creation through natural science. Religion is just another way of people giving life meaning and explaining what they perceive; a natural response to a high consciousness who was ejected into this whirlwind of a reality void of their own will.

These are some flood stories that are proven to precede genesis by 1000s of years and share many consistencies with the work of fiction:
"the storm had swept...for seven days and seven nights" — Ziusudra 203
"For seven days and seven nights came the storm" — Atrahasis III,iv, 24
"Six days and seven nights the wind and storm" — Gilgamesh XI, 127
"rain fell upon the earth forty days and forty nights" — Genesis 7:12
"He offered a sacrifice" — Atrahasis III,v, 31
"And offered a sacrifice" — Gilgamesh XI, 155
" offered burnt offerings on the altar" — Genesis 8:20
"built an altar and sacrificed to the gods" — Berosus.
"The gods smelled the savor" — Atrahasis III,v,34
"The gods smelled the sweet savor" — Gilgamesh XI, 160
"And the Lord smelled the sweet savor..." — Genesis 8:21

Not just 4,200 different religions, but Christianity alone has ~40,000 different denominations.

believe believe believe FUCK

At one point in time people BELIEVED that the earth was the center of the universe, at one point in time people BELIEVED the earth was flat, at one point in time people BELIEVED that flies came from rotting meat.......my point is that what you BELIEVE in means fuck all at the end of the day. It's what you can prove that means something.
That's why science is so important and the utter subjectivity and arbitrarity of religion is pure degeneracy. "Belief" is for the dimwitted.

You are confusing belief with faith.

Belief is anything you think is true. Things that are actually true can be beliefs. For example, I believe we evolved over billions of years. We have evidence to support this.

Faith based belief is the problem.

Ants are not developed enought to "wonder" about anything

I am sorry but what you said is dimwitted. So you believe in nothing?
And science does not "prove" anything, science infers based on data. He more data we have and the more accurate our measurements are to obtain said data, the more accurate our inference, we cannot know something 100%. Proof is more of a mathematical term.

>Proof is more of a mathematical term
Oh, so you're a postmodernist then

Please tell me the evidence for Shakespeare's existence. I would really love to hear what you have to say.

What..? No...
I dont mean this in the strictest. I would just never use this term when writing reports. I would use terms like, "tends to" "indicates" "suggests"
I am more of a model- dependent realist.