>what is Atrocity Exhibition
>what is Lemonade
>who is Kendrick Lamar

though I agree it's overrated

memewie btfo!

yes

the shittiest taste of the decade

I'll start.

Anything from Kanye to be quite frank with you.

No that would be

/thread

>insert list of every popular album made within the last decade here

MBDTF
TPAB
Art Angels (the praise for this one genuinely confuses me)
Moon Shaped Pool
Blonde
anything Car Seat Headrest
Wildflower
Denzel Curry - Imperial (recycles same lines and flow from his previous work and insists on singing for some reason)
Malibu
Kero Kero Bonito (seriously cringecore)
New Bon Iver is interesting but not anything great
Divers was a step down from HooM
Kamasi Washington - The Epic (why did this need to be a triple? Talented guy though)
Mista Thug Isolation and Oblivion Access
Carly Rae Jepsen - Emotion & B-sides (labels once again pass off their struggling pop divas to the "indie" crowd)
Sunbather
Run the Jewels 1 & 2 (both Jamie and Mike have made incredible music, just not here)
You're Dead!
St. Vincent s/t
Anything Badbadnotgood (seriously bland)
Tomorrow's Harvest
m b v
R Plus Seven
TLOP
Darkside - Psychic
'Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend!
Lonerism & Currents
Bloom
Grizzly Bear - Shields
Salad Days
Spoon - They Want my Soul
A I A: Alien Observer
Bon Iver s/t (this is just trash)
An Empty Bliss Beyond This World
Far Side Virtual
Reflektor
The Roots - How I Got Over
Women - Public Strain

basically this

>albums that are less overrated than Blackstar

what did he mean by this?

trying too hard: the post

that came out in 09 you idiot

what have you liked from this decade, then?

>ITT: 'Who's the biggest contrarian?' contest.

>an empty bliss beyond this world
>tomorrow's harvest
>r+seven
>Far Side Virtual
>TPAB

Are you high senpai

all garbage

Doesn't mean I think that they're bad necessarily, just overrated.

not a bad list, but if you seriously think those albums are more overrated than Blackstar then you are literally retarded

nice list man

1.It depends on what you consider "overrated". When I imply that something is overrated I am essentially judging its hype against the personally perceived quality of the music. By using this criteria I actually can argue that releases such as Art Angels or EMOTION are more overrated than Blackstar. I'm essentially measuring the gap between the perceived quality and perceived public opinion.

2. While it is true that not EVERYTHING on the previous list can be considered as "more" overrated than an album like Blackstar (in your terms) but it partly serves as a statement as well. These are albums that were either recommended to me by people whose musical opinions I respect, or I read about being essential. The statement is that music is subjective and just because we are told that music is good doesn't mean it actually is. Find what you like and stick to it.

When music is commonly accepted as good and untouchable because it is lauded by critics such as TMT or P4k it creates a hivemind and promotes a stagnant mentality. This is why I personally love browsing Sup Forums, for every person praising something, there is usually someone who will challenge that opinion. It must be the anonymity that makes it easier for people to handle/dish out scrutiny and tough-love opinions. A fantastic example of the "stagnant mentality" I previously mentioned is /r/indieheads. I initially tried to browse that place as an alternative to Sup Forums as I have been browsing here on & off for about 5 years now. I have never seen so many people parrot popular opinions, offer comments on albums they've clearly never heard before, and just mindlessly discuss the same artists over & over until they are told by a "music journalism" site that they should be listening to a new artist. I am also not saying that doesn't happen here but definitely to a lesser extent as opposed to that cesspool. Without consistent challenge and criticism taste will never change. Sorry about this, just felt like writing.

>tfw huge bowie fan and still havent listened to blackstar

i dont want the feels

tfw it was your first bowie album and it sucked so youve never listened to anything else by memeie

nope, tbqh its partly because its gonna be heartbreaking if it's not as good as im expecting and also because most most musicians dont sound that good when they get as old as bowie did

agree w the last paragraph

reddits downvote system is fucking retarded and unhealthy. Not to mention all the Pitchfork articles on indieheads, literally pitchfork could tell them to eat shit and they would

fucken sicc chart