Thoughts on this band/album? I listened to it yesterday and wasn't that impressed

Thoughts on this band/album? I listened to it yesterday and wasn't that impressed

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&genres=Neo-Psychedelia&include_child_genres=t&include=both&limit=none&countries=
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

All of their albums are pretty lackluster.

It's like they have a good base of what to do, but don't know how to execute it well or expand upon it.

ur an idiot, its great

I'm listening to it. I don't know, the songs are alright, but there is no edge, it's like I'm listening to some ELO album. And this is coming from someone whose favorite album is Pet Sound.

Never understood why they're so revered

i get to track 5 and it starts to sound like a teen movie

If you don't like this album, it just means you don't like neo-psychedelia. Nothing wrong with that, but just know that this is the pinnacle of the genre.

this.
I wouldn't say it's the pinnacle of Neo-psych, but it's one of the best for sure

pretty ((((ok))))

it's so meh

Clouds Taste Metallic is better.

Anyone seen the flips live? So many people cry at their shows, its pretty cute

Is there a neo-psych chart or some recs? I like Yoshimi and Soft Bulletin, but I feel like they're so close to being something fantastic

rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&genres=Neo-Psychedelia&include_child_genres=t&include=both&limit=none&countries=

This is a good starting point.

it's the best pop album of all time bar pet sounds

you meant to say "cringey"?

>It's like they have a good base of what to do, but don't know how to execute it well or expand upon it.
this isn't well articulated criticism and I hope you know that

exactly this

It's because you only listened to it once.
Trust me, this is how everyone starts listening to TSB. Other albums too. People just get hooked on the first track and neglect the rest. Even I did it. Listen to it some more times though. You'll end up being astonished like others and myself have. I doubt the first track will be your favorite track anymore. Trust me, this is my favorite album of all time.

I like AnCo and Tame Impala
I hate Flaming Lips
fight me faggot

watch out m8, i'm coming to fuck your shit up

>Is there a neo-psych chart
this isn't a popular style on this board kiddo

It used to be.

You fags have no taste anyway.
You willingly listen to K-pop. Whether or not it's a masturbation thing is irrelevant. You're a collective laughingstock.

>AnCo's MPP considered Sup Forumscore and constantly talked about
>neo-psych isn't popular on this board

Suuureee.....

it took me like 4 months to really like it, it's now one of my all-time favorites

Okay, I'll believe you. But if it keeps being shit, I swear to god I'll kill you two faggots.

You should work on your anger issues.

Tried listening to it multiple times.

The problem with the songs is that they go nowhere. They seem to last forever and are just flaunting their "dense productions" as if they are the inheritors of Pet Sounds. As is, it's a pretty boring album.

Yoshimi by The Flaming Lips is a bit better and I like that one.

Listen to their tood albums, it's that simple

Neopsych top 5
>Vision Creation Newsun
>Yerself Is Steam
>Spirit They've Vanished
>Zaireeka (or OH MY GAWD!!!)
>Black Foliage

What do you think?

Flaming Lips are far superior to AnCo and Tame Impala

Yoshimi is probably their worst album

Zaireeka is one of their absolute worst albums. Oh my gawd!!! is a much better choice along with Embryonic and The Soft Bulletin

They go nowhere?
What do you call the multi-layered climaxes of What Is The Light, The Gash and Feeling Yourself Disintegrate then?

This. This album is a visual masterpiece and the Spark that Bled + Feeling Yourself Disintegrate are some of the best neo psych songs ever made

Yoshimi is nowhere near TSB.
Also, everyone including Scaruffi had admitted Soft Bulletin was a game changer for Orchestral Pop.

Heck I'm gonna put this objective shit right here:

Best Albums from these groups:

Lonerism: 8.9/10
Currents: 8.5/10
Soft Bulletin: 10/10
Yoshimi: 8.5
Embryonic: 9.3/10
Feels: 9.0/10
Strawberry Jam: 10/10
MPP: 9.5/10