youtube.com/watch?v=d9BykyZBzJg
youtube.com/watch?v=23Bfz1ZQXCU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

this guy

>living

probably this guy

youtube.com/watch?v=7ZvClokwtv0

This guy and Gavin Harrison

Stewart is my all time favorite drummer. He had a sound that was recognizable from measure one. However, Stewart himself will admit he used to rush the beat live with the Police. There's even footage of Andy and Sting getting on to Stewart about it. So he's not the best example of a human metronome. Though I bet he's gotten better in recent years.
Funny you bring up Vinnie, another Sting drummer. Sting had some elite drummers working for him, though none of them get a real chance to shine because they lacked Stew's ability to tell Sting to fuck off.

>There's even footage of Andy and Sting getting on to Stewart about it
op here. watch stewarts movie about the police time. he included footage of himself rushing on stage and andy shouting at him because of it. but its because of the cocaine i guess. afaik andy summers admitted to be on cocaine during the whole police era. sting denied it, copeland never said anything. but by watching some of their shows you can clearly see all 3 of them being on cocaine

youtube.com/watch?v=QH52zX41uQg

also perfect example of why stewart is the best fucking drummer

pic very related

youtube.com/watch?v=zdgkzYOYUp0

apart from being a metal machine, this guy is also in a jazz band

>nobody posted Jaki Liebezeit yet

is this supposed to be a jab at their conservative playing or a praise of their immaculate timing?

are you even trying?

My metronome sued me as well

Not op but I think it's in praise of his timing. Stew's stuff was really unique for the time. Even the people that loathe the Police admit Stew was something else. I think Topper Headon of the Clash said he got flak from his bandmates for going to a show of theirs just to see Stew in action. Though, Topper hated the rest of the band's sound.

Jaki Liebezeit

How can you hate The Police? I understand not liking them but hating them is a bit extreme.

The Police were the first and biggest sellouts of the punk scene. They applied punk's structures to pop and the REAL punks hated their guts. Nevermind that the Clash got a record deal with major label CBS records and were sellouts anyway.
The Police are my all time faves, so I'll be biased and I agree there's at least one good Police song for everybody.

>drumming so well in STGSTV that they changed the artist name from Avey Tare to Avey Tare and Panda Bear

That's a really bad reason to dislike a band.

What's up with that cymbal?

It looks cool

we are talking about punks here, those people are mentally retarded, what are you expecting?

Good answer, I never thought of it like that since I'm not a punk guy and don't know much about the scene. Have you checked out any of the stuff stanley clarke and stewart copeland did together? They did one track with Allan Holdsworth and it's pretty cool.

Benny Greb. Learn what "in the pocket" really means. Niggers.

The best

Yeah maybe if you dropped your metronome down a flight of stairs and it starts glitching

:(

Doesn't it hurt his arm?

too bad the band was so boring

he doesn't use too often

just occasionally will hit it

Druming is actually too good in that album.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gp6oPyQnX60
youtube.com/watch?v=jmkvLT5BY5g
How does he do it?

His stuff as Klark Kent is fucking magnificent

and another Sting drummer. I guess this is now Sup Forums's monthly thread to admit the Police/Sting exist.

Can I get a F for Nigel Gray. He produced the Police's first three albums and passed away a few months ago.

Bryan Devendorf

the two bald drummers from radiohead are extremely solid

why would anyone need that many cymbals

probably the greatest rock drummer of all time

T H I S
H
I
S

definitely

He was the most talented member of both Joy Division and New Order.

Pat Mahoney is the man, the glue that holds live LCD together. Just a fucking robot man.

meg white from the white stripes

This guy has been involved with so many acts I love.

Dubs confirm she's a metronome all right.

The better Swans drummer desu.

youtube.com/watch?v=QDs_X23yitk
youtube.com/watch?v=d9BykyZBzJg
youtube.com/watch?v=23Bfz1ZQXCU

he has it that high so that he's less inclined to use it, which forces him to be more creative with less equipment without removing the potential to use the crash/ride completely

"Pete was a better drummer.
Ringo was a better Beatle."

-John Lennon