Other urls found in this thread:

grumusic.bandcamp.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

so far

mozart

He's pointing at us...

kanye

well be fine

Merle Haggard. For someone who;s such a legend in country music, barely anyone seemed to care about it.

Rip

>Bob_Dylan_recent
Fixed

>My way of dealing with life was to numb myself with drugs and alcohol, because it made me feel better and more equipped to deal with everything. My career was skyrocketing, but I wasn't fully aware of how bad it was getting, but I knew, in my heart, that I was on an unsustainable, reckless, self-destructive path.

>When I met David, he had been through that. And he was content. He was at peace with himself, with an incredible wife, clearly in love. There were a number of times where the two of us were alone, and he said some things that weren't scolding, but pieces of wisdom that stuck with me: "You know, there is a better way here, and it doesn't have to end in despair or in death, in the bottom."

>A full year later, I hit bottom. Once I got clean, I felt a tremendous amount of shame, of my actions and missed opportunities and the damage that I've caused in the past. And I thought back to the time when we were together a lot, and I wonder what that could have been like if I was at 100 percent. The "I'm Afraid of Americans"falls into that category of me at my worst — out of my mind and ashamed of who I was at that time. So when I see that, I have mixed feelings grateful to be involved, and flattered to be a part of it, but disgusted at myself, at who I was at that time, and wishing I had been 100 percent me. And it nagged me.

>A few years later, Bowie came through L.A. I'd been sober for a fair amount of time. I wanted to thank him in the way that he helped me. And I reluctantly went backstage, feeling weird and ashamed, like, "Hey, I'm the guy that puked on the rug." And again, I was met with warmth, and grace, and love. And I started to say, "Hey listen, I've been clean for-" I don't even think I finished the sentence; I got a big hug. And he said, "I knew. I knew you'd do that. I knew you'd come out of that." I have goosebumps right now just thinking about it. It was another very important moment in my life.

Easily the guitarist from prog band Riverside
He was only 40

Katie
Leo

does this mean Bowie indirectly created Marilyn Manson
Is Manson our generation's Bowie?

no. For starters Bowie changed it up every few years. Manson is fat and stale.

Keith Emerson

Probably the strangest

James Woolley, a keyboardist who spent four years as part of Nine Inch Nails' touring unit, including at the band's legendary Woodstock '94 set, died Monday at the age of 49, Woolley's ex-wife wrote on Facebook. Woolley died from neck-related injuries after falling off a ladder while retrieving music equipment in his studio.

I miss him.

He'll be fine

Manson would be Gen X's Bowie anyhow.

>neck-related injuries

RIP

this is why I fucking hate ladders. My favourite teacher back in high school fell off his ladder during the summer break, landed on his neck and ended up in a coma for three months before finally dying. Before that I was doing some gutter cleaning when I was 13 and my goddamn little brother and cousin rushed by, knocked the ladder over and I was left hanging there. Dropped and cracked my ankle.

Fuck ladders

Dubs and he dies tomorrow

No but he had the opportunity, he just totally wasted it after Antichrist Superstar. Same with Treznor after Downward Spiral.

not a musician.
but a mastermind
a comic genius
a visionary
an enigma
a transcendental being
a warrior
a philosopher
an intergalactic entity

I don't know. Reznor never really gave off the impression he wanted to be another Bowie. It was one thing to work with him, but to be him would be a lot of flash gimmicks and self aggrandizing and Reznor has never really presented himself to be the sort of publicity whore that Manson was prepared to be.

I think drunk and fried off cocaine Reznor just wanted to be left alone to his own devices, which was the height of his fame, so that wasn't happening. Sober Reznor got that wish fulfilled. Either way, at least he wasn't afraid to change things up after The Fragile, which Manson could never seem to accomplish post Eat Me Drink Me or whatever.

The whole shock rocker role boxed himself into the role of the freak and now his music is peetering off into nothing of note. Which is sad because I think that he could do some good work if he was challenged.

In other words, Trent and Atticus have to show up to his place and bitch slap him back to reality.

>saw him two summers ago since my friend and I got free tickets
>crowd was a gas station worker union meeting
>Manson has a turkey gobbler neck and looks like shit
>breaks a beer bottle and cuts his hand and like 4 people cheered, the rest seemed pretty ambivalent about the whole thing

Many keks were had

not yet but soon

No one.
No musician's death is sad, unless you personally know them.

fuck off you emotionless robot

The real loss right here

Also Pierre Boulez

This

His work on Love, Fear, and the Time Machine was gorgeous

Better than just stacking shit to stand on

he will ascend unto the highest ranks of heaven

How has nobody mentioned Prince yet?

He's not dead you fucking asshole, you imbecile.

dont even joke senpai

Is this the same guy as this?

grumusic.bandcamp.com/

really makes u think

I wanted him in that SNL performance so bad...

No

Although he was a great musician he was kinda of a cunt so...

who

Only one I cared about desu

Poor dude shot himself.

Bowie did unintentionally create Marilyn Manson and Marilyn Manson has spent a good proportion of his career elaborately ripping of Bowie. I actually think he very clearly setted out to be the next David Bowie.