ITT: "artist" who need an army of people to make a pop album

ITT: "artist" who need an army of people to make a pop album

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Pimp_a_Butterfly
xxlmag.com/video/2016/11/kanye-west-rant-full-video-transcript/?trackback=tsmclip
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Dave Bowie

Shit bait, but I predict at least 25 replies.

this

how is this a bait

Kanye is the greatest artist in our history. His music is better than the beatles, the rolling stones, david bowie. Go FUCK yourself faggot.

>truth = bait

a retard

>his

Underage

>Beatles
>Rolling Stones
>Day-Day
NOICE, 'ERE'S YA (YE) M80

Good one.

Not even being sarcastic

Every album produced in a studio requires an army of people to make you tard.

no true btw

finally a proper thread about him

but you already posted the biggest hack

Rockism is a loosely defined pejorative referring to perceived biases in 20th-century popular music criticism, particularly that rock music – or certain fields of rock music – was inherently superior,[1] especially when compared to producer-driven genres like disco, R&B and hip-hop.[2] Coined in 1981 by English rock musician Pete Wylie with his Race Against Rockism campaign, the term was used humorously by self-described "anti-rockist" critics in the British press.[1] "Rockists" may also refer to people who regard rock music as the normative state of popular music.[3]

It's called having the "big picture mindset".
you Neanderthals will never understand

>using other people's talents while being absolutely untalented is called having the "big picture mindset"

It's true

If it turns out to be a good song/product, why does it matter how many people work on it?

This but unironically

Well I guess every film director in history is talentless because they use an army of producers, and a large crew. It's still the director's vision, they just have help brining it to life. Same principle applies to Kanye, Bowie, etc

Kendrick Lamar is a wonderful "artist"
"His" masterpiece is To Pimp a Butterfly
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Pimp_a_Butterfly
(Check the producers list and the writers list, you'll see how "talented" he is)

yeah that album is kinda overrated

nice post, I'll save it

These.

Nigga that doesn't even make any sense,
The process of making an album is different compared to the process of making a film.

Every time I see a thread praising Kanye, I assume that you guys are on multiple layers of irony because jesus christ almighty, his "music" is garbage.

because the end result doesn't matter if the artist isn't talented himself.

This thread is not about any product though

By product in this situation I meant the songs/albums in question.

false equivalence. Kanye was like that dude from huck finn who tricked people into painting the fence for him. He did jack fucking squat

>almost 2017
>still does the "music" thing
>expects me to take his post seriously
Not even a Kanye fan, btw.

ahah I hope that piece of shit die

the thing is kanye is the only one who gets praised by making involved in his albums
even if there's tge sane producer on every track in tracklist no one cares about him
its not like the film industry where director while being the main person is not the only one who gets all the attention
of course you can compare featured artist with featured actors, but when we talk about films we imagine the visuals in tge first place, featured artist will never get as much attention as a main artist, while an actor is as much important for the audience as director or sometimes more

being involved*

>featured artist will never get as much attention as a main artist
Demonstrably false, but I understand what you mean.

ITT:
white normies who don't understand or enjoy how hip hop has always been collective and contribution based.

doesnt understand that sample based hip-hop still credits every artist as a writer for the track

pic related, mfw

>the thing is kanye is the only one who gets praised by *being involved in his albums

Not even true. You don't pay attention to music culture, obviously. Chance the Rapper is largely credited for Pablo and clearly has benefitted from it, along with Desiigner blowing up and dont even get me started on Rick Rubin or Swizz Beats, Kid Cudi....

featured artist will never be really important, while actors will be ways important
they obviously can grab some attention, but it's not their album in the first place, it could have been easily made without them

You were right.

Kanye is the director and main actor, any other person involved in the album is just help

Just like a director employs people to the special effects, costumes, editing, etc. it is his idea that puts the movie into existance

that's exactly what OP's post about

>being this fag

OP's post is questioning Kanye's artistic integrity as an artist (specially putting quotation marks around word) because he doesn't do everything all by himself

He also says he "needs" as if Kanye would be incapable of doing a song otherwise.

he obviously needs them
if he didn't need them he wouldn't work with them
and obviously those albums wouldn't be this good without all those people's contribution

> "A lot of people here tonight felt like they lost. You know why? Because y’all been lied to. Google lied to you. Facebook lied to you. Radio lied to you. Radio, fuck you! I know it’s a lot of real niggas working at radio, real people, real programming directors with wives and kids that love music, that can’t play what they want to play because they’ve been paid to play that bullshit over and over and over.
>And when I say that bullshit, what I’m saying is we love Drake, Drake is great. He’s a great artist. But Frank Ocean is great, too.

xxlmag.com/video/2016/11/kanye-west-rant-full-video-transcript/?trackback=tsmclip

>OP's post is questioning Kanye's artistic integrity as an artist because he does nothing by himself

what's wrong with that?

>if he didn't need them he wouldn't work with them
That's not even logical

Good job changing what I wrote.

>That's not even logical
you are kinda dumb af

Just because you work with someone doesn't mean you "need" him

pretty sure he's not able to make all those Yeezus beats by himself
pretty sure he's not able to make this gospel track by himself
pretty sure MBDTF wouldn't be that interesting lyrically if he didn't work with all those writers
the list goes on tbqh