Guys I'm terrified of buying a new guitar because I'm scared I'll pick the wrong one. I have 1...

Guys I'm terrified of buying a new guitar because I'm scared I'll pick the wrong one. I have 1.5k to spend on an electric/acoustic guitar and I need help picking one. I always said I'd buy a Martin D 15 Dreadnought but now that I have enough, I'm second guessing myself (pic related). I play strumming rhythm so it needs to be pretty loud. Help me pick a guitar Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B003K7CEWM/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

this is Sup Forums nigga.

go to

>>/gg/

>Help me pick a guitar Sup Forums
>Sup Forums

To do what? Cover Wonderwall? You obviously arent ready to buy a 1.5k guitar, otherwise you'd know exactly what fits your style. For example: I'm a bassist, but I love to loop and play/improvise melodic things too as much as I love slapping. What about you? No one is able to give you the right guitar right away. There are a couple of golden ones - true - but in the end finding the right Instrument is a journey you have to take for yourself.

Buy a yamaha and stop pretending you'll notice a difference

...scared of buying 'wrong' guitar? you must be kidding

>Martin D 15 Dreadnought
buy it used on amazon for 1k
amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B003K7CEWM/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

I play at my church and I've been playing for 3 years now. But I use the guitar that they have there. I don't know shit about guitars but I love playing, I do a little bit of everything

what your heart wants and what your ears want are two totally different things.
I was set on owning a Gibson SG when i had the cash for one, so I went on a road trip to the biggest guitar store within a 4 hour drive of my house and tried a metric fuckton of guitars that fit my budget.
I tried an SG. It was bottom heavy, the neck was thick and I wasn't a fan of the bridge.
Ended up walking away with a Fender Tele which suited my playing style and my preferences on dimensions perfectly.

TL;DR if you're spending that much, go to a store, try shit out. what you want wont be what you need.

That's great advice friend. You're prob right. I'll check out guitar center tomorrow

Just research a bit, and only spend like 200/300, play until your decent.. Then you'll know

There isnt a wrong guitar OP

just pick a guitar that appeals to you

i have a lakewood d14
can be very loud and has a very sweet sound
great quality and wood

you need a tele and an AC-15. If you are not fingerpicking a 1500 $ guitar you are doing it wrong.

With 1.5k? Can't go wrong with a new Gibson Les Paul standard. It's pretty impossible to be unhappy with that. Unless you're a strat man, then American strat

Buy fingermaster 8500. Best one I've had.

i ahv eone, the neck is a bit thick, but probably my favorite tone

So true, the only think you will notice is build quality. I have been playing guitar for about 25 years I recently bought a jasimen for 89 bucks and it sounds amazing.

Spend the other 1400 on getting laid or buy something that helps you get laid.

Please don't spend that amount of money on a guitar if you don't know much about them, get yourself an Epiphone Hummingbird. If you really want acoustic electric get a Takamine for like 5 hundo.

Best bet overall is to buy a good secondhand.

Stop pretending to know what you are talking about.

If i had the choice, I would go for a Yamaha. they are way cheaper and play the same, if not, better. I picked up a Yamaha FG-450SA back in 92', and it is the best acoustic guitar I have ever played. It is way better than any Martin out there.

look, OP plays worship in church. He is gonna be playing along with singing faggots which almost certainly is gonna be overpowering any nuance of an acoustic guitars tone. At this stage he can choose whether to go electro acoustic or electric. Seing how a tele and AC-15 is perfect for worship and WILL sound more distinct than any acoustic. If you get such a good guitar as a 1500 USD acoustic it deserves to be recorded and mixed well, it is much to expressive for chord work. An epi J-45 or takamine should suffice. Telecasters go with anything, and the AC-15 has lovely tones.