Today marks the 6th year anniversary of our current decade's greatest album

Today marks the 6th year anniversary of our current decade's greatest album.
Thank you, Kanye West.
For making our lives better with your outstanding musical contributions.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=50GVPFj66CY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

can we get much higher

CAN WE GET MUCH HIGHER?

OH,OH

CAN WE GET MUCH HIGHER?
(So higggghhhh)

That album fucking sucks, theneedledrop gave it a 6/10.

>8/10
>AOTD

It's not like HOOM, Helplessness Blues, GKMC, Virgins, Benji, To Be Kind, TPaB, The Epic, The Glowing Man, Blackstar, Atrocity Exhibition, Wildflower and Thanks for You're Service were released this decade or anything

>x album is bad because this critic said so!

Hey, I found your opinion, along with your mothers last abortions.
Faggot.

It's alright OP, a lot of people tend to forget that TMS was also released this decade

Maybe cause MBDTF made everyone forget about it.

>TMS
you spelled TPTB wrong

This is the only contender to take down MBDTF.
Fact.
Truth.
Gospel.

you should thank the people who made it for him

Is it right next to your expired hot topic coupons?

>Benji, To Be Kind, TPaB, The Epic, The Glowing Man, Blackstar,
jesus christ, kid
get woke

Death Grips are absolute garbage.
I've tried to listen to them so many times but I can't stand their Beck-lyric electronic seizure edgy nonsense.

Only after you go thank every single person who helped make your favorite films and video games.

>Thanks for You're Service
lol ok kid

your way of thinking is not relevant to music

>films and video games
kek, pleb

That makes no sense.
I bet you don't complain about Beck literally stealing music for a career. AND working with tons of others. This is coming from a fan of his too. I love Odelay.

XXX is better than Atrocity Exhibition

What an ABSOLUTELY abysmal decade if those are supposed to be the 'greats' of this era.

MBDTF literally is the AOTD, though obviously TPaB is musically and lyrically richer, it just doesn't feel as "of the moment". I mean, really, if we were to compile a greatest hits on MBDTF, Yeezus, and Pablo, there would be no question.

Just for the record, I'm a white dude in Canada who loves folk music and plays geetar... but HOOM, Helplessness Blues, Benji, are all good albums. Not great. Wildflower is one of AOTY, but it's only above average. Atrocity Exhibition has 2-3 tracks I actually like, but Tell Me What I Don't Know may be SOTY 2016 (if not Real Friends)

Others do get praised for MBDTF, too.
Mike Dean, RZA, Teyana Taylor, Elton John, John Legend, etc.
Kanye is the main orchestrator, though.
He pushes them to do their best.

according to Fantano it's AOTY

>following memetano

his opinion matters more than yours, loser

t. fantano

sometimes I wish I was Fantano

>be the most popular critic on music and make a living doing what you love
>have qt gf
>have legions of hipster fans who will drone everything you say and spread memes about you
>get to interview great musicians

what's not to love?

Retard moment but what does HOOM stand for

I'M JUMPING OFF THE WINDOOOOOW
I'M LETTING EVERYTHING GOOOOOO

AND I ALWAYS FIND SOMETHING WROONNNGGGG

BUT I'M DOWN FOR THE NIGHT
DOOOOWN FOR THE NIGHT

Have One On Me

ITT: plebs and bandwagoners. Fuck this board.

Have One on Me
Joanna Newsom

1/3

Fantano will still give aoty to bottomless pit or the glowing man

2/3

3/3

I know, my writing is cringeworthily abhorrent. I need to seriously work on it.

WHO WILL SURVIVE IN AMERICA

but all three got the exact same score

why would you assume that?

thanks bro

>likes Folk
>Helplessness Blues is only 'ok'

Shit taste BtFO

The bear should've been on the cover. Also, I'm no audiophile but wasn't the album poorly mastered with a lot of audio issues? Can anyone confirm?

Still a 10 for me.

stop biting, people

Isn't there another version that has better mixing?

I have no idea. Maybe the vinyl version? Regardless, you're missing track 14. It's not on the CD either, which I own. I think it's iTunes exclusive and I hear they're not good from an audiophile perspective.

The claps in the last track are so great. I know they're a part of the recording of that poem, so maybe this only exists in my interpretation, but it kinda creates the feeling that this huge, extravagant album (particularly the last two tracks with their "grand finale" vibe) was performed just for you and a few other people in a small room, like you experienced something that tried to encompass the most grandiose aspects of humanity but was missed out on by most humans. A little bit of sadness, a little bit of "holy shit, did anyone else just see this?"

I feel like this but also as if the finale wasn't the album but Kayne discography. Doesn't help that I don't like his albums after. The bonus track may also ruin this feeling but I don't have that version.

It also could be interpreted as only a few people paying attention to the problems of America because they're out chasing things like the fame Kanye talks about throughout the album

behold the latest BTFO from Sup Forums
they can't grasp the GREATEST ARTIST OF ALL TIME

i love that video

Sandurz is awesome

Let's take time to commemorate the event that pushed Sup Forums past the point of redemption.

Interesting take on it.
I always found it a bit funny, the dichotomous nature of the scattered rather unenthused applause ending the album to the insane praise and applause it actually received. Very deceptive.

I THINK IT'S TIME FOR US TO HAVE A TOAST

THE TASTEMAKER

LET'S HAVE A TOAST FOR THE DOUCHEBAGS

ehhh

I love Fleet Foxes, Robin is one of the purest talents of this era... but Helplessness Blues just laid on the cheese a little thicker than self-titled.
Half of it is borderline cringey. Grown Ocean in particular is just straight up millennial whoop garbage.
Same with HOOM. A song like "Go Long" is painstaking beautiful, but there are a lot of tracks on there that didn't need to be released...
Same with Benji, really. Carissa was such a perfect opener, but the album just plummets after that.

Just one dude's opinion, of course.
I just have wrong generation syndrome, I guess.
If these 'albums' are the best distilled pieces of musical expression in all of popular music, then count me out.

Like, I fucking hate Kanye West as a person, but he's the only motherfucker doing ANYTHING of note in the realm of immediate, hook-laden pop music. I personally loved Pablo, even.

>current decade's greatest album
You posted the wrong album user, let me help you out

I'm loving all these interpretations, guys.
THIS is what music discussion is.

sup Scaruffi?

There was a thread a while back of imagines a particular album gives. The OP had Illmatic, my favourite album, and spoke about how it gave off a sense of a bus ride through NY. Someone else mentioned it being a gritty subway journey throughout Queens, Brooklyn and Long Island and how enduring a shit part of a city can be. I both related to and appreciate that perspective.

My post was about Ready to Die portraying an extremely rainy day in Brooklyn; fairly basic.

no

It is an extremely important album

I think I remember that thread!

LETS HAVE A TOAST FOR THE bleached ASSHOLES

It was so cool.
pls no

>Someone else mentioned it being a gritty subway journey throughout Queens, Brooklyn, and Long Island and how enduring a shit part of a city can be
Oh shit, that was me who posted that long blog post actually hahaha. I remember mostly talking my experience about seeing the Bronx from a train window and how I felt like the train was a microcosm of the NYC experience, and some other stuff like the poetry the MTA puts up in every train car though. Illmatic represent.

>not divers
lmao go to bed, sleep for a solid 8, and get fucking woke

My bad. I think I'm remembering wrong because of how Brooklyn and Queens are on Long Island and in NYC at the same time or something. I'm from London so I'm not too sure. Regardless, it was one of the best posts I've seen on this entire site. I don't think there's a Sup Forums archive but it needed to be screenshot and I feel bad for not doing so.

>it was one of the best posts I've seen on this entire site
Damn, that's one hell of a claim. Thanks a lot man. When it comes to Illmatic, I can talk about it for a very long time because it literally changed my life; it indirectly boosted my self-confidence and directly helped me get to where I am now. Does rebeccablacktech not work as the Sup Forums archive?

Also, speaking of Illmatic, I've been listening to One Time 4 Your Mind a lot more lately, and it's criminal how underrated it is. That second verse is now one of my favorites, with that extremely dense bar that goes
>But now I know the time, got an older mind/Plus control a nine, fine, see now I represent mine, I'm...
and the sublime flow with which Nas delivers it, along with the fact that almost all the imagery in the verse can be tied together via their ability to be related to cars and how they work. I can't fathom how awesome Illmatic is sometimes. Have you ever read Born to Use Mics?

filtered

>That fucking response sucks, user gave it a guaranteedresponse/10

This
lel

Oh, wow. I had thought rebeccablacktech was down like foolz was. Bookmarked, gonna screenshot it later.

I agree about One Time 4 Your Mind. I think it may be overlooked because of how lowkey(?) the beat is compared to the other songs.

>Have you ever read Born to Use Mics?
I was planning to borrow it from my uncle actually.

good times

looks like it hasn't changed lol

It's pretty good, the essays either go into elements of the track itself, rhyme schemes and imagery and stuff like that, or they use the song as a medium in order to talk about Nas himself and give different perspectives on how Nas wanted us to see him as on the album. It also has interviews with DJ Premier, Q-Tip, Large Professor, MC Serch, Faith Newman, Nas himself, the whole lot. It also has the 5 mic review from The Source which caused a ton of controversy.

As for One Time 4 Your Mind, even with that reasoning, I still don't understand why it's so slept on haha. The beat sounds super groovy to me, and, as you'll find the One Time 4 Your Mind essay, "My Pen Rides the Paper," states, the song and its vignettes show the less frantic, lighthearted moments on Illmatic, where Nas is just chilling and watching movies with his friends and shorties, so I find that the beat fits the lyrics very well.

As a sidenote, when you get the chance, listen to Ahmad Jamal's The Awakening, where "I Love Music," the main sample for "The World is Yours" comes from. It's pretty great jazz piano in my opinion.

whats the best cover?

>vinyl version has 3LPs

>11/13/10
>album officially came out in 11/22/10

Leaked albums have been a thing for a long time.. I think I even remember Graduation leaking back in 2007.

>Just for the record, I'm your typical pitchfork nu-male, and I think Kanyes music is genius
no shit

Remember that time Rick Ross made a music video for literally just his verse of Devil in a New Dress?

youtube.com/watch?v=50GVPFj66CY

I was just watching this.
Thrills me how the guest artists were so enthralled with the album that they went out of their ways to involve themselves as much as they could.

>Grown Ocean in particular is just straight up millennial whoop garbage.

This literally doesn't mean anything. This is actual nonsense/gibberish. Please never attempt to talk about music again.

I graduated highschool and started college in 2010, the album is more a nostalgia trip than anything for me.

Thank you Mr. West, hope you feel better soon.

>tfw i will never be chilling in my community college's student lounge again jamming this album on my old ipod while playing pokemon soulsilver.

i miss 2010 and 2011 so much. far enough past my high school years, but not nearly as jaded as i am now.

OP here. It floors me how timeless this album is. I remember hearing about how game changing it was Freshman Year, then actually discovering it Sophomore Year. Now I'm a Senior and still constantly spinning this immaculate record.

When people call Kanye an idiot, it takes a lot of rational effort not to get triggered.
Thanks Kanye, for being hip hop's best.

Her voice fuckin sucks.

I will never get why people like this bitch so much.

>wasn't the album poorly mastered
One of the most terrible mixes of any pop album ever. Dickriders actually claim that it was done intentionally.
>no you don't understand bro, it's supposed to sound like shit because it represents Kanye's ego or some shit
All Of the Lights sounds like one of those Vines where the audio suddenly gets all overblown and distorted

>You got the power to let power go?
Ironic considering in the position he is right now. Who would have thought he would fall from his throne.

>Poorly Mastered
Ya all of the lights especially its a fucking mess. No dynamics whatsoever except loudness.

Just listened to MBDTF.

Why is this album so praised and why did Fantano get so much hate?