Why arent there 'ITAOTS' quality albums being made everyday? There are hundreds of millions of people in america alone...

Why arent there 'ITAOTS' quality albums being made everyday? There are hundreds of millions of people in america alone, surely there are folks with jeff mangum tier talent out there. statistically we should be getting at least 1 'aeroplane' each day, but strangely we don't.

Other urls found in this thread:

rbt.asia/mu/thread/S30447508#p30449324
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S30447508#p30449748
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S30447508#p30450351
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why should there be? Why should we do it?

why don't you make an ITAOTS quality album

Because 911

Ah yes as we all know, the instant you make music, it instantly becomes widly distributed and available worldwide

stop browsing mu and find them for yourself friend

not many people have the time, the talent, the creativity and the knowledge to write and record quality music.

Not enough Holocausts.

There are, they're just lost in the depths of bandcamp/youtube/soundcloud.

becuz people like u just sittin back thinkin about it

ITAOTS isn't the only good album that exists, dude.

9/11 killed any hope in future, that zeitgeist reflects in music (lack of originality, revivals,etc.)

dude i made like 3 in the past year i just dont fel lik uploading it ://

Is this sarcasm? the moron can't even sing and a lot of the songs are just 4 chord indie pop.

Sup Forums proves relentlessly that none of you know anything about making music, performing it, or theory.

What key is "Oh Comely" in?

why should there be one every day?
It took us the entirety of human history (bar 18 years) to make just one ITAOTS

>jeff mangum tier talent

Q Minor, why?

I listened to the album once a year ago, I don't remember that.

what makes that album so special?

it is his voice? the lyrics? cause musically its fairly simplistic. but maybe thats the charm

Maybe you should stop talking out of your ass then.

it's the memes. never underestimate the memes.

>simplistic
Answer

Is it pronounced "cumley" or "comb-ley"?

How many times does it take you to listen to an album before you realize that it consists of simplistic music and that the singer struggles to hit his notes?

for example: mine

I'm fairly certain it's E major.
>people who think it's all about music theory
>people who only value feels
Open your mind you plebieans
He says it in the song you gook. Cum-uh-lee

tbph this, plus lots of talented (or potentially talented) people never make music, because they pursue other things.

>talks about music theory
>the music is simple!
>can't / won't perform a simple harmonic analysis which would immediately refute his claim
There's a word for what you're doing...

rbt.asia/mu/thread/S30447508#p30449324
I know, >CLT. But he posted the best explanation of the song's dynamics. I've talked to two music theory majors who have confirmed this analysis.

You mean looking up the chords? That's literally all it takes if you know anything about music.

It's in E.

It's in G major.

Because your standards keep getting pushed higher and higher, thus rarer.

But great albums come out every few weeks.
Just check the ratings, just this year, there is so many high rated albums.

There's no incentive for any of the millions of people in America to pursue music when there are far more profitable ventures available.

Writing, performing and producing music is also a lot harder than it sounds and takes time to git gud at. Most of the lazy shits who pursue music as a "career" never put the necessary effort in.

No it is clearly in E

>if you know anything about music.
>posts the wrong key
>doesn't even post the key that most wrong people post
wdhmbt

hi I know all three of those and the thing is that complex chord structures or technical ability don't make a good song, which is why the circle of fifths is such an enduring progression. A good song needs a sturdy skeleton to build its identity on, not a wholly unique one for each idea a musician has.

rbt.asia/mu/thread/S30447508#p30449748

I don't know a single person who actually knows music theory (that has listened to the song and performed an analysis) who agrees with you.

Keep hitting the books!

I've done a lot of music theory. The song definitely begins in E, but the key doesn't matter a whole lot when the song has four chords. Debating about it is largely pointless, and even worse is acting high and mighty about having one opinion or the other on it.

>The song definitely begins in E
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S30447508#p30450351

Please read the attatched thread, it will help you!

>the key doesn't matter a whole lot when the song has four chords

you know the song has a melody in the same key right

Because it required time and retrospect. No one gave a shit about ITAOTS until like 2008

That's actually pretty interesting. So much for simple four chord indie pop I guess.

i wish you were memeing, but music (and culture in general) really did start to go in the shitter after 2001