Working in retail horror stories?

Working in retail horror stories?

I worked in retail for about 1.5 years, Best Buy to be precise, and it was terrible. I was hoping to see some stories of fellow anons experiences with working retail. Anyone interested? The first story that comes to my mind isn't that great, but gives you an idea of the assholes you deal with on a daily basis.

> Get stuck as a cashier for a shift because that department had very high turnover
> Man and woman come to check out wearing clothes that look like they're cosplaying Assassin's Creed
> I greet them by saying "Hey, guys"
> The dude gets offended and asks if I think his girlfriend is a guy
> I say no and he continues to question if I see two men in front of me instead of this asshole and his girlfriend
> I explain saying "Hey guys" is an informal greeting
> He says I can't be informal at work and demands I apologize to his girlfriend
> I look at his girlfriend who is sporting a confused yet agreeing facial expression
> I apologize (beta mode engaged) and ring them out

Like I said, not much of a story, but I was hoping to read some others. I'm happy to say I have a much better and higher-paying job now for nearly 2 years. Retail sucks.

that kids more beta than you

bump

Also, I forgot to mention that after I quit my job my former female manager started texting me and we ending up fucking a bunch of times. I fisted her too. Complete whore haha probably the only semi-decent thing to come out of the whole mess.

Bump, got one for you need type to type

I actually got hired at best buy to work in the computer department. but after they told me about the quota and having to care more about selling computers than helping people, i never went to get the drug test and just disappeared from their radar for good.

At the time I had a car payment, student loans, rent, and other expenses and I was making like $400 every two weeks. So I apologized so as to not make a huge deal of it at work and potentially loose my job. I regret being nice after that faggot gave me a hard time to this day.

Worked in an ice cream store when I was still in college. I really can't imagine a more retarded clientele.

>What does the vanilla taste like?

I swear to you I got this question at least once a day. Still fucking boggles the mind how someone could let this sentence slip out of their dumbshit mouth.

Okay, so in about 2008 I worked at Kohl's. One morning a lady came in trying to return a pile of shirts and pants and we turned her down. This happened shortly after opening at 8 (back then it wasn't the return whatever the fuck you want policy that it is now)

I never worked retail but I like going into ice cream shoppes and asking what the vanilla tastes like

>What does the vanilla taste like?
Seriously? What country? I can not imagine anyone in America not knowing what vanilla taste like

Good for you. Avoid retail at all costs. Did you end up getting a better job? God, I remember having to go in at 5:00 p.m. Thanksgiving night for 12 hours for early black friday. Fuck that place.

Continued
So she runs away from cs in a huff and we assume she left the store and was going to call back and raise hell. Well she didn't, instead we get a bunch of complaints about a raunchy smell in the dressing rooms. We go over and one stall was locked, and it smelled so aweful.

I worked at Poundworld and the amount of customers I wanted to punch in the face for asking how much something costs is unbelievable.

Any customer-facing position puts you in direct fire of complete idiots every shift. I honestly wouldn't know how to answer the "vanilla" question. It tastes like it fucking tastes!

America. California. Hipster Bay Area college town full of liberal baby boomers. Maybe they were expecting me to say "organic." I really don't know.

Just this morning I had a lady want to return a lawn mower because she said there was oil in the oil filter.

It was last year and I was working for a big grocery store called marianos. That day, I worked as the guy collecting the carts from the parking lot. A lady pulls up to the disabled parking and parks knowing that a fucking cart is blocking her way so she could full Park the car. All my Co workers walked up to her and offered to help but she yelled saying she's fine ( old folks are cranky as fuck). My Co workers didn't tell me about this old bitches behavior and they stood behind a glass door to see me get humiliated. I walk up to this old bitch and she yells at me for trying to help her old "I've fallen and I can't get up" face ass. I go back inside to witness my Co workers laughing there ass off. Literally the worst job you can ever take and the pay was $8.80.

Sauce

>work at a game store
>mtg tournament
>legacy, for those who know formats, so mostly decent folks with disposable income and social skills
>round two
>someone has pissed all over the bathroom floor
>nobody noticed, everyone walked in it and spread it around
>mfw I don't have to clean it up
>mfw I don't have reaction images on new computer yet

Seriously, though, fuck that guy.

also

>working over a weekend, like I do every weekend
>boss is away at a big event, as usual
>some chick comes in with her bf, they play a game at our tables all day
>don't give a fuck, they buy like a case of soda between them and the store was dead anyways
>don't bother to check women's bathroom at end of day, since there was literally one woman in
>two days later, boss comes back
>apparently, chick "died out her ass in one of the toilets"
>still didn't have to clean it, no fucks given

I have a couple more stories. My boss can be a huge bitch sometimes, but it's funny when directed at someone else.

Continued
I grab a broom and reach over the door and swing it at the latch and after a few tries it releases. There is a pile of clothes piled up, yes, the very ones she tried to return, and they looked wet, when I poked around and pushed them with the broom, it became obvious that she had shit and pissed on most of them and wiped with the rest. I about puked and got the fuck out. Our poor supervisor had to clean it up. Still grosses me out to think about the god mode spite that went into that. She damned the roughly $200 worth just for revenge.

>work at market
>people come to my register
>ask for manager
>manager comes to listen to them
>they complain that the vegetables are too wet
>spend 15 minutes explaining why the vegetables are wet to idiots

Lord of the Rings movie, can't tell which one

That's why I always lead with "how are you folks". It's gender neutral and no SJWs can go nutty about it.

Backstory for my greentext- I work at target mobile and sell carrier phones, but fraud is high and drug addicts come in a lot
>me working
>an older guy and a lady come up to the counter
>the guy says very quickly he wants to buy an iPhone
>his speech indicated mental disability or drug use
>I panic and start asking what kind
>we usually say we're out of stock with these guys but I was an idiot
>he says which one he wants and I tell him the cost of it and the plan
>he starts bullying the lady with him for money
>I get a phone and run his credit with the first carrier
>$500 deposit required
>he ain't having that
>he's practically drooling over my shoulder, standing inches away
>i start getting more nervous because he gets loud with his lady about the money
>about two seconds away from calling security because I'm scared of this guy
>tell him I can't sell him a phone and he needs to go to a carrier store
>still way too close asking for an explanation
>gets mad and leaves
>I'm fucking shaking and have to take five
He came back a few minutes later but I stayed behind the counter and told him in no uncertain terms he wouldn't get one from me.

Nah you're not beta for doing your job. A kiss-assy apology isn't a big deal in the long run; it's all about the money. That faggot got off on belittling someone who couldn't do anything about it, just shows how sad of a life he must have. Probably one of those losers who posts on Sup Forums or something. Fucking faggot...

don't bro nothing else you could've done, if you had've arched up then management would've taken the customers side. you did the perfect right thing, that guy is a wankstain.

Do entitled cunts like her even understand that employees aren't in control of coorperate?

Work at pet supply store. Hasidic Jew comes in wants 100 feeder goldfish (at 15 cents each) individually bagged.

All I'm gonna say is that I've worked at a walgreens for 5 years. 4 in photo and 1 as a manager.

"If you don't want wet veggies you don't have to buy them, but I'll let coorperate know about your complaint. Unfortunately I have no control over biology."

>Working at the ol' dirty don's
>Regular shift of wanting to off myself as per usual
>Some tourist bus rolls in
>Seniors everywhere
>I mean everywhere
>Cooking them burgers and mcniggets
>Co-worker bursts in
>"I DO NOT GET PAYED ENOUGH FOR THIS SHIT"
>oooooothisgunnabegood.jpg
>Women's bathroom stall completely covered in diarrhea
>no fucking way
>Old lady totally shit all over the floor and toilet and continued to go back into restaurant lobby like nothing happened
>Other co-worker cleans it up for crew meal

Good story sir! Here is a reaction for your troubles!

Kek

One today:
Q: What size do your crickets come in?
A: Small medium and large.
Q: Ok what size are medium?
A: between a small and a large.

Fucking Ariel rebel dude
Short chick brown butthole

>get hired at Family Dollar after mass walk out all over city
>hired on basis I'll pass a drug and background check
>live in state where they can only check 7 years back
>first week, manager quits
>interim manager is dumb
>first night, store is totalled at -$1500
>she quits
>next day the fire me though the mail
>used out of state background check to loophole fire me
>was only other employee at store

Fuck you Family Dollar.

>Implying retail is bad compared to foodservice

Crew meal?

Funny you should say that because at the same time I worked at Best Buy I also was a barback at a local restaurant. Both were awful jobs. It was humiliating work, honestly.

I work at a gas station on the western side of North Dakota, we got meth heads , drunks, blacks, lesbians, etc.

The worst customers:
Middle Aged white guys and lesbians
Never ever ever offer a lesbian a bag fellow anons, even if she is getting 10 monster energy drinks do not offer a bag they will get so fucking triggered
Ask me anything

Winrar

a crew meal is a complimentary meal given to mcdonald employees for doing over par work

you don't just give them a sample to shut their fat mouths up?

>work at movie theater
>we have alot of hispanic customers
>this particular hispanic doesnt know english
>takes something i said the wrong way
>he thought I insulted him
>tiny mexican guy tries to fight me over counter
>other concessionists are laughing at him
>i call manager bc i aint trying to get fired for fighting with this small angry man
>he starts cussing at us in spanish and getting more angry bc he cant jump counter
>nerdy manager limps (he has bowed legs) out to lobby to calm him down
>we laugh bc its funny
>mexican dudes white gf is trying to calm him down, basically taking his punches
>manager calms him down and gives him something free
>the day is saved

Is it true if you don't ask me if I pumped fuel I can leave without paying?

Not all food service is terrible. I work at McCallisters and the people are pretty positive. Some customers are stupid, but if you keep in a mindset of 'I'm makin money' then you're aight.

"I've been feeding my cat dog food for 3 months...is my cat going to die?

Funniest triggering of dyke?

I used to work in a high end retail store as a janitor and I have a lot of horror stories.

Every Wednesday one bathroom stall would be covered in shit. From the floor and all the way up the wall. I mean the stall would be covered in fecal matter.

Multiple backed up toilets from flushed tampons.

Extremely snobby costumers with the I'm better then you mind set.

One old dude who shit in one of the changing rooms on top of nearly 5k in suits.

I don't think I mentioned the sheer amount of shit that we had to deal with.

I could go on and on about that one store alone.

>Working in retail

whats up with the bag?

>work at Walmart
>cart pusher because they fucked me over and lied about a stocker job since they were opening a new store and desperately needed anyone who applied
>co-workers rarely show up to their shift
>get stuck doing all the carts most evenings
>very popular store, opened in an area with no walmarts anywhere close
>constantly get pulled in to door greet as well
>get pulled in on one night where there are no other cart guys and nobody to at least try to get carts while I'm door greeting
>decide that the stress from covering for a bunch of lazy cunts isn't worth the pay
>clock out, don't talk to anyone, and just leave and never come back
>a week later, it's Black Friday and I decide to pay them a visit just for fun
>practically no carts inside the store, a lot of angry customers and a single fat CSM is out slowly pushing carts in

Now I do accounts receivable shit for a small mom and pop, which is a beast of its own, but I don't get home at midnight wanting to kill myself so that's a plus.

Fuel is pre pay in the region I live in, although We do have the power to activate pumps, primarily for testing purposes. The only way to pay outside is to use a debit/credit card, the pumps will NOT work if you don't slide your card in first, so many dumb fucking people act stupid like it isn't pre pay and bitch about the pumps, however I rarely have problems showing people how to use them, the real problem is when I'm the only one working and there are customers in the store, in that scenario I cannot help those outside.

I worked at borders for a bunch of years, and the crazy places people would shit in the store astounded me. In the elevator, on the countertop in the mens room, in the business section, on the floor in the handicap stall and the taking the shit and drawing a happy face on the wall....

Trigger story

Not a retail job but i work as a sushi chef and this couple walks in and eat $60 worth of food and walks out without paying and when i confronted them they said they didnt feel like it was right to pay because the service was bad. The "bad service" was basically us not letting them take leftovers home after they ordered 10+ rolls and ate nothing. Even though it clearly states on the menu that we do not let leftovers be taken home.

I work a cashier job and a burger job
The cashier job is easy as fuck and relaxing
The burger job is shitty, hard work and they want me available all the time but only give me like one day a week so I'm about to quit
Fucking females ruining everything

Or they'd sit in the pleather comfy chairs and just piss into them.

I wouldn't have payed either lol

I think it might just be a stupid way for people to suggest a taste test without really asking for it. I would probably say "why not try for yourself?" since I know most places like that tend to offer samples.

Or they're just retarded. I don't know.

not retail but story
>be chef
>colleague and i in prank war
>grab his knives after work from kitchen without anyone noticing
>make molds of his knives
>get agar agar powder and make perfect clones
>get to work extra early to put his knife roll back without real knives where it was
>his face when all his knives are now jelly

Holy shit OP, you've been working at best buy for 15 years? Are you at least like.. a store manager or something?

I can't even express the level of rage I'd get if I was told I couldn't take home food I just bought. Seriously, how many times per hour are the cops there because someone is flipping their shit?

That's awesome

Kinda, I was still in college so I just went back and found a part time job as a academic advisor. I like helping people so it's cool in that aspect but it's not enough hours to be livable. I'm looking into getting evolved with a start up company because all these white collar desk jobs feel like they'll suck my soul away

damn youre retarded...

Working in a dollar store you get to witness the lowest parasites of society come in. A lot of them are women and women love using the bathroom if one appears 30ft within their fucken radar.
Women are disgusting, always. Most unpotty trained fucks ever. Women's bathroom is always unnecessarily disgusting. Hope you never have to walk into one because the shit they do never makes sense.
>pic related
The bucket they pooped in was three feet from the fucken toilet.
>fuckenwhy.jpeg
Tossed the poop bucket in the dumpster for the dumpster divers to find their prize.

Best Buy is fucking toxic. But im inventory, so i dont have a name tag, so when i piss customers off, i just tell them my name is Mark. When they ask for a last name i tell them Fischbach.

Was it a buffet?

huh? why don't you let customers take home leftovers? or is it a buffet kind of place?

>be cashier at clothing store
>have social anxiety
>act awkward during every transaction
>can't keep a straight face
>no dexterity, visually uncoordinated

I know I'm not the only nervousfag here

When I worked at Wal-Mart in 2003 when I was 18 someone has a miscarriage in a women's room toilet, I shit you not, and all the manager's refused to clean it. They told me to do it (I was a cashier) but told me they were out of latex gloves. I walked out on the spot.

Yeah forgot to mention it was a buffet and they thought they could abuse the all you can eat thing by ordering a shit ton and eating a coupek of pieces and wanting to take the rest home with them

I understand the question. Different brands taste different. And French vanilla isn't the same as creamy vanilla etc.

Yeah forgot to mention it was a buffet and they thought they could abuse the all you can eat thing by ordering a shit ton and eating a coupek of pieces and wanting to take the rest home with them

> fat lesbian dyke with half black child comes in
> she gets like 8 monsters, some chips, and a bunch of other shit
> asks if she would like a bag
> she looks at me like I just said she was fat
> "I don't need no fucking bag"
> she then gathers up all her shit and tackles through the door
> mfw all the employees in the store always ask her that and trigger the fuck out of her

hahahah wtf

I got into retail in the first place to try to get over my social phobia bullshit.

>mfw I'm Mexican, short, and have a white gf

Fuckity...

im like that, and thats mainly the reason why i never apply for cashier type jobs

Don't EVER work in retail. Ever. Not even as a manager. Just don't do it. Work in a fucking factory or shoveling shit at a farm before retail. Even if your a teen who needs experience, you don't need that kind of fucking experience.

are you a hothead too?

I call bullshit. They would have "store use" some off the shelf.

hahahaha

Semi-related to topic

I was in Walmart looking for something specific I can't remember but it's an item you don't buy often and can't ever remember where it's at in stores. So I ask the first blue vest I see 'excuse me miss where can I find this item?" This bitch looked up at me like I was her kid and I couldn't find my socks again. She clearly only took this job because her parole officer made her. She asked "WHAT?" Just one word, what? I was silent I've never been talked to like that as a paying customer. I repeated politely I'm looking for this item. She said nothing just started walking to the end of the aisle. She stopped abruptly and dropped her hands against her thighs doing that fucking leg slap thing. She found where the item was supposed to be but it was empty. I asked well would there be any in the back? Wrong fucking question she started bitching about how she was going to have to take apart a full pallet because they're buried under a thousand boxes and she's already behind and blah blah menstrual cramp fml

Anyway I stood my ground and she brought me the item I wanted. When cashing out by registers I saw there was a hundred more on the wall by gum and sodas

I think it was beef jerky but that's irrelevant

>used to sell fireworks for july 4th
>the shitty type that sparks and does absolutely nothing
>did it because my friend told me that you "have to see the people that buy fireworks"
>he was right.
>how many poor fucks (white, black, brown, you name it) with a dozen kids, no clothes, no shoes
>spend hundreds of dollars on shit you'd probably have a better time lighting a toilet paper roll
>we had a stupid one called, "purple rain"
>do you know how many fuckers kept talking about that stupid ass prince song?
>btw, for dealing with ridiculous shit, i made $10k the week of july 4th.

Wait did you just call me a "folk"? I do not identify as human you fucking cispig, I am aardvarkkin, GET YOUR MANAGER

will probably go blind and die if she keeps kitty on that diet.

You ever get over it?

>target mobile
So you come in late, leave early and get paid to give no fucks as long as nothing gets stolen out of the lockup?

That's what I told her. No taurine in dog food. Good job user!

Far from it actually, I noticed after lifting I was slightly more irritable but no one's ever called me short tempered

>"died out her ass"
Fucking kek

I fucking hated bagging crickets those disgusting fucking things

>why the fuck do people want to shove their fingers into the tube holes that are covered over by paper?

>why the fuck do you bring a lit cigarette into a tent of fireworks? you fucking dolt

>moms. suburban milfs. one lady bought a $200 package for her kids. actually, that was really nice of her. what got me was she called it, "the motherload." when she said it, i just visualized her getting a facial and calling it "the motherload..."

Kind of. I still have social phobia, but not nearly as bad as before. However, i feel like every day at work sucks and I drink myself into oblivion when I get home.

Not all retail is bad. I worked in a private community store. Was nice. Mostly played on the computer since like 5 people came in per day. Rich white people. Never any trouble.
Also worked a job with janitorial responsibilities, in a building filled with more rich white people. The bathrooms in common areas were heavily used but always still spotless at the end of the day.
Can't stand to be around 90% of them but I never had to deal with people shitting all over the place or being violent.

Well I WANTED to post a story but my nigger phone just fucked it up.

Apparently my phone is retarded and didn't post my whole green text....
Ill try again
> Unstable looking rednecks who work on roofing come in
> one of them asks me to come over to where he is at, the soda machine shit
> line of customers forming
> I walk over to him
> he is sipping soda from his 44oz
> he then dumps it out, the whole thing
> "this tastes like shit" he exclaims as his eyes bulge out and his neck awkwardly bends and his balance becomes more awkward
> tell I'm ill go to the back
> I go to the back and don't see his fucking Mountain Dew shit
> run back straight to the register and ring up a bunch of customers
> I then go back to roofing guys and tell them we are out because of the assistant manager not ordering enough for the week
> they just get regular maintain dew and that's that
> one of the pissed off customers in line earlier snuck back in and sprinted out like a faggor with a Gatorade
> Air Force guy lays for the stolen garorade
I can also tell you of the lemon man if you would like

>be chef
> at work one day and old fat bitch starts making a fuss out front about being highly allergic to gluten and complains how just because of that how dare they suggest she not get any of the items containing wheat
>mfw she says she can eat any type of wheat product just not those with gluten
>turns on bitch was just one of those people that hear a health buzzword and trend diet without knowing anything