Who will play the lead roles in the film adaptation?

Who will play the lead roles in the film adaptation?

Idris Elba

Kate Monster

>OMG GUYS HAMILTON
>IT'S A BROADWAY MUSICAL WITH, LIKE, HIP HOP, ABOUT A DUDE FROM THE SEVENTEEN HUNDREDS
>YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT?!
>YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE IT?!
>DUDE, LIKE, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!
>IT'S BRINGING BROADWAY BACK!
>I JUST SPEND SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS ON MEZZANINE SEATS
>GONNA GO WITH MY BOYFRIEND
>WE'RE GONNA HAVE STEAMY GAY SEX AFTERWARDS

but its good

It is great.

Autist. It's actually really well-done.

>was shown the initial concept performance of the first song at the White House in my high school government class
>thinking it'll be an album at some point
>5 years later learn it's been turned into a Broadway musical along with an album recording of it
>mfw there are people that get this upset at musicals because they appeal to people other than hardcore musical fans

honestly they'd be fine using the broadway cast in the movie whenever they make it.

Musicals are stupid. The songs are always convoluted because there is inevitably a moment in nearly every song where all of the actors have to sing on top of each other. Also, the moment before a song starts when you just KNOW a song is about to begin is just cringeworthy. Musicals are worthless. Unless they are jukebox musicals.

alright boys I have the best song narrowed down to two

>wait for it
or
>one last time

Man you are a real retard.

>HURRRRRR WHY YOU NO LIKE MY SINGING PLAY ARTFORM
Enjoy your shit singing and your histrionic, preening performances with your 90% homosexual fanbase.

>mfw england is so embarassed about the american revolution that they refuse to teach about in their schools

Wait for It is in my top 3 tbqh. It's what made Burr into an actual character and not a 2D villain as he could've been.

>best song
>not Room Where It Happens
Step up, senpai.

Can Norm Lewis be George Washington

Who do you think is going to win the Best Actor Tony? Lin or Leslie?

I want Leslie Odom Jr to win it because he was outstanding and gave by far the best performance in the show but LMM is prolly gonna win it.

Lin-Miranda will get it. But yeah, Leslie Odom Jr. deserves it, even if he is on CPT.

>they only kept Alexander Hailton on the $10 bill because of this gay bullshit
>meanwhile Andrew Jackson, the most badass and uncompromising U.S. president of all time, got shafted
Gay

>most badass and uncompromising presidents

he passed literally one law, destroyed the bank, and created the democratic party

I really would like to see this. I should plan a trip to NY

Cry more ;)

He fucking wrecked the ancient war-time tradition of "never attacking at night" by, you guessed it, ATTACKING AT NIGHT.

Based fucking Jackson is better than gay nigger hip hop or whatever is gonna be on the 20 now.

>because of this gay bullshit
He actually started the U.S. Treasury, so arguably he had more to do with the very currency itself than any of the other faces on the bills. If there's anyone who deserves to be on them it's him.

how much of the musical is historically inaccurate? which parts?

Why are straight white men such plebs?

Musicals are literally the worst form of entertainment, apart from maybe interpretative dance.

he's still going to be on it dipshit

Andrew Jackson was a fucking idiot lmao

a lot
the most egregious are the events surrounding hamiltons death, he used a gun with a secret hair trigger and may actually have been aiming to kill burr when he fired

its a common thought that the whole 'i was going to fire in the air' thing was just him trying to spite burr from his death bed

on the back like he's Rosa Parks? nah. Jackson shouldn't take the backseat to anyone ,elast of all to some black woman whose claim to fame was hiding people in a basement.

How'd you like Civil War, kiddo?

anyone who likes Hamilton is an idiot. just another idiot following around whatever is popular. I bet you saw Captain America Civil War recently, or are planning to.

Wasn't Sup Forums a containment zone for your types?

name one thing jackson did

Removing Jackson from the front is an embarrassment form of pandering as well as an insult to the United States' controversial yet emboldening history. It was not shocking at all that naive white college students were the ones most impressed by the change (they also were the ones most impressed by Hamilton but I digress)

Leslie. Lin even said the two best songs he's ever written were both for Burr and Leslie did them justice.

I actually didn't even realize Hamilton was a thing until 2 weeks ago when the Harriet Tubman hullabaloo started.

I can definitely see why it got so popular though. It's fantastic. Not liking something just because it is popular makes you an immature child, user, not me.

>Don't like the narrative to be interrupted by shitty sing alongs
>must love cape-shit
Your logic is top notch.

Hamilton was brilliant. A real life political dynamo. It's actually quite amazing how much he was able to accomplish in such a short time. He nearly worked himself to death. His federalist papers helped provide the foundation of our early government when it was its most fragile.

Shame he never got along with John Adams, another genius in his own right.

Beat a fucking assassin with his cane.
Attacked the British at night when it was unheard of.

That's two things, faggot.

John Adams was one of the worst leaders of men in history.

>cool concept
>decent writing for the most part
>shitty music

It makes me want a similar approach to the Martin Luther King story though, which would be better in concept album form

Dude you're an autist, people have known about Hamilton long before this musical became popular. He's on money.

Jackson was a badass but it's no surprise he got axed in today's PC climate. He's (in my opinion unfairly) labeled as the architect of Indian Removal. He owned and traded slaves happily and was by far the least abolitionist President ever. Now, I don't think any of these are good reasons to hate the man (you truly are a product of your times) and I don't think we should even remove statues or street names or city/county names like a lot of leftist tards do, but PC culture is what's in and Jackson is not PC.

so his enduring political legacy is being a dishonorable combatant

The entire "narrative" is made up of songs, idiot. There's no talking in the play.

Fucking retard, did you even listen to the thing? Or at least watch the bootleg? Kill yourself.

>attacking at night like a true coward

much genius. so planning. wow.

That's just fucking America and trying to cover it up makes us even more dishonest. Jackson is everything we should acknowledge about our past as Americans, but ALSO acknowledge that "hey, it worked".

the fuck kind of a normie-ass reaction pic is that

>>WE'RE GONNA HAVE STEAMY GAY SEX AFTERWARDS

That's the best part. Everyone needs a happy ending

>listening to musicals
Did you not read the part where I said I hate musicals? Is your comprehension that terrible? Do you need to get my posts sung to you?

Probably Leonardo DiCaprio
White people are fine with minorities as a novelty on stage but will never accept them in the movie theater en masse

Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson > Hamilton

>MUH HONOR IN WAR

I encourage you to read more.

Why critique something you haven't even experienced, idiot? I hope to God you are under 15 years of age.

you should listen to Hamilton and stop being a faggot

holy god i didn't know someone could be this retarded

Lin Manuel as literally Everyone

"I bet you like two really good things"

>tfw listening to Non-Stop
>tfw HAMILTON WROTE...THE OTHER FIFTY-ONE!!

Holy fucking shit

Finally, some sanity.

You must be new.

No one hates something with an actual basis around here. It's just blind shouting.

>tfw Hamilton turn Eliza's words back on her

aww shiettt

>can't afford the tickets
how are your neetbux cuckie

you two are faggy.

Why not the actual cast? They seem to be doing a perfectly good job of it.

Because I think most of the main cast is leaving after its Broadway run ends.

how come

>mfw listening to any version of a musical other than the one I heard first

All the more reason for the real cast to do a film version for posterity, with full sets and actual battle scenes.

Yeah that would be the best but I'd take anything at this point. And considering its success, pretty much anyone would be willing to take a part in the film version if there is one.

bump