Good existential artists, albums, etc

I'm looking for some stuff that really plays upon the idea of our own insignificance and/or what the purpose of life is. Cheers.

Other urls found in this thread:

sheofficial.bandcamp.com/
youtu.be/e8mPu9RX_Pg
youtube.com/watch?v=POnSBthDHGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=a_jidcdzXuU
youtube.com/watch?v=bQg4li2Xsd4
davebixby.bandcamp.com/album/ode-to-quetzalcoatl
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

All music is just jerking off our own egos, trying to escape the inevitability of death in useless hope that our own work will be remembered decades after our death, a futile endeavor.

All "art" is precisely just that. You should read Huxley's take on art in the Doors of Perception. Maybe it'll make you realize everything we do other than shit that can be categorized as "hunting and gathering" like work, then you'll realize how temporary everything in life really is.

theonlypersonontheplanet.bandcamp.com

Their first ep definitely feels this way.

They were meme of the month twice but I've spent many a nights drinking and listening

fuck..
mean to say that work is the only worthwhile endeavor

A lot of black metal has those darker, existential nihilist themes. You have to like black metal, though.

Swans does it a lot, then there's The Body's album I Shall Die Here. I dunno, it's a pretty pervasive theme. Current 93 touches on it a lot, too, but he blends it with paganism and shit. Which is still cool.

sheofficial.bandcamp.com/

La Dispute's "Rooms of the House"

Yeah I actually really like Swans...I've always been hesitant about black metal probably because of the name alone but if you could give me some good recs I'd give it a go.

absolutely this, except you are having your crisis alone while hiking in the middle of the woods

I love this one, know any more like it?

Yes its very trendy to name-drop "existentialism". I bet you also refer to yourself as an "existentialist". Bravo. You'll get all the Indie girls in high school. You really are pondering on the absurdity of life. I love camus too. Good job

could use better production quality but this fits the bill

I don't know if it's quite existential but Blackstar by Bowie was all about him coming to grips with his own death.

I don't actually listen to it myself. But there are black metal threads on Sup Forums literally all the time, check out the catalog. Themed threads tend to be friendly, they'll probably have good recommendations.

>Tfw moo is still a pseud hotspot

Wtf. Try to leave pol to clear my head and it's all pol memes everywhere

No one else has done it with a posture quite like Jandek.. it's the first thing I think of as existential music.
youtu.be/e8mPu9RX_Pg

Mm bsoon

Literally every Circulatory System song. I was trying to choose one but they're all the same.

youtube.com/watch?v=POnSBthDHGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=a_jidcdzXuU
youtube.com/watch?v=bQg4li2Xsd4

These are more obvious.

the glow pt2, but it doesn't have the heavy existential vibes

You probably don't even know what existentialism is

inb4 Google search result

bc link:
davebixby.bandcamp.com/album/ode-to-quetzalcoatl