On a scale of 1-10, how much do people directly touch food with their hands while eating in your country?

On a scale of 1-10, how much do people directly touch food with their hands while eating in your country?

1 = example: Avoid as much as possible, wear plastic gloves if they have to hold the food in their hand, serve everything in some kind of holder

10 = example: Direct hand use is expected, few or no utensils, eat off of leaves/bread, finger licking is not rude

any special social rules about food touching/hand hygine in your country?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rPs_KSdRcnY
youtu.be/v6sAxhAtd1c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

We only touch fast food that is supposed to be eaten with bare hands for hot meals. So I would say it's a 3.

Post traditional American food that is not fastfood please.

Southern food a best

you have to go back, but first you have to delete this post

3/10
only bird and bread with hands

>Cajun food
>the same as southern food

?? ?? ? ??? ?

In all honesty though some native americans at least in the southwest probably traditionally ate alot of similar stuff found in traditional mexican food, though when you google it all you find is fry bread and pemmican

It's a type of southern food, and the best type imo.

Here's something less Cajun.

3 probably. Old southerners eat fish with their fingers sometimes so maybe 4.

3-4

That looks like dog shit

It's called sausage. It's just cooked ground pork.

tastes like it too

Cajun food is super distinct from Dixie fare desu.

What is Cajun?

Some weird culture in Louisiane of which we apparently are the source.

Americans who pretend to be French?

Original french settlers from around the great lakes area that got deported after the british got control of the land and ended up in louisiana.

They tend to have alot of variations of seafood stews and use alot of celery, onion and bell pepper in their food. Also completely different spices.

No those ones are supposed to be legit

Interesting never heard that the French prevailed themselves. Do they still speak French?

I just wikipedia'd it and they weren't from the greak lakes so much as just eastern canada in general.

>American education

I guess category would've been a better word to use. It is very distinct, but it would still be categorized as Southern AFAIK.

I probably shouldn't have used the word Southern though.

Descendents of the French-speaking colonists who settled Louisiana. They speak a really weird creole of French and English (generally just called Cajun Creole). They're (at least in terms of stereotypes) friendly and easygoing, but also lazy and uneducated, and they have really hilarious accents.

They have really good cuisine. They make thorough use of the animals found in the swamps of Louisiana (frog, catfish, alligator, etc.), the "Cajun Trinity" (onions, bell-peppers, and celery), and peppers, especially cayenne peppers. It's known to be really spicy though, likewise.

>Do they still speak French?

Same way the quebecois do i guess. Rural cajuns are bilingual and have goofy accents.

youtube.com/watch?v=rPs_KSdRcnY

*Louisiana Creole

No, Québécois is still really close to French and could be understandable to most people without training. Cajun Créole is a fucking mess to me.

That's actually a pretty cool thing about the US I didn't know until now.

Fuck those Cajun niggers

I don't speak much french so I trust you on the subject Pierre, but just listening to the way they talk Cajun and Quebecois sound way more similiar to eachother than French proper.

lol no

Don't forget that we have Texasdeutch

youtu.be/v6sAxhAtd1c

>Food thread turned into a language thread

My two favorite things to be honest

1. We have all sorts of napkins, one for each kind of food.

We have access to both "soap" and "water" in our country.