Why was kanye a bear for 60% of his discography?

why was kanye a bear for 60% of his discography?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikifur.com/wiki/Dropout_Bear
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

en.wikifur.com/wiki/Dropout_Bear

cuz he wild lmao

because he was hibernating for his beautiful dark twisted fantasy

woah...

Chicago Cubs

nice

the bear symbolizes the music he actually put effort into and the albums that lacked the bear were all trash.

>fantasy
>yeezus
>tlop

>bad

The bear was in some of the album art for MBDTF, not the main cover though.

But yeah he was pretty accurate about the others.

They weren't 'trash' but they were pretty damn weak albums.

>the life of pablo
>good

im shocked that a furry is mentally ill

this

>all rap sounds the same
>eww this isn't the same as the other rap

Hey, I hated TLOP too. But after a few listens it clicked for me.

I wanna fuck that bear

Even if you don't like TLOP you have to admit it's ahead of its time. It is an album modeled after the attitude of short attention span-social media and the DIY cultures found on the internet

I love that Death Grips album that Kanye did, and TPaB is probably his best yet

Because he was still in denial about being a gay fish.

It lacks any cohesion as an album, that's my main problem. It has a lot of potential, and I'd go as far as to say some songs on it are even great, but the fact that some are terrible, multiple are mediocre, and none seem to contribute to any meaningful statement makes it one of his most disappointing albums.

Yeah that's cool I totally understand that. But doesn't it sort of represent the DIY content found on the internet in those ways?

Nah, Yeezus is great. Arguably his best.

cause he's gay

HAHAHAHAHAHA

no

Also with Ultralight Beam. It's supposed to represent the cheap on the fly religiousness and activism found on the internet. The all style no substance of religion with those same short attention spanned freaks you're talking about.

Haha, and people keep talking about how it's an uplifting song. It starts with a Vine for fucks sake! And to think he convinced Kirk Franklin to get on there

this is interesting, can you explain this interpretation of the gospel on TLOp and specifically ultralight beams more?

Boolin

Holy fuck
>ultralight beam
>ultra fast broadband

You can't tell if something was ahead of its time when it's still the time it came out

Just go look at all those black people on Facebook that went on and on about Ultralight Beam after TLOP came out. "Stay blessed tho" "I go to sleep to Ultralight Beam". The same people that will go cheat and judge and rob the next day. When has black religion ever been about penance and the slow repetition of practice over a lifetime? It's about going to church, getting emotional "yes lawd yes lawd!", and committing the same acts of fuckery as soon as you get out. That's the song! It's backed by synthy inorganic production, and is very catchy. Sure it's easy to feel faux-"uplifted" when Kanye talks about some vague "ultralight beam", whatever the fuck that means. And these people will pretend like they all know what "it means", and they're collectively in on it. Moved by the moment, but don't want to go deeper into the substance. ADHD. The song practically BELONGS in a 50,000 seating Creflo Dollar led evangelical ministry!

And as usual, Kanye is smart enough to know this. He wouldn't really buy into that bullshit for a second. As usual, it's a cynical critique. The album cover with a gospel choir and a fat ass is the symbol of that. As far as I'm concerned, putting a hapless naive Kirk Franklin on there is Kanye joking on him, lol!

Maybe the message is for black people to get their shit together, and stop copying and relying on second rate versions of white culture (Christianity) that only lead them to a dead end time and time again, and make their own lane. Or maybe the song is a peak at what's to come: flashy hyper-active religion in the internet age

Anyway, those are the people this song is about, in my opinion

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting

if it starts with a vine then it's shit. sorry.

And this goes for all the other races that pretend like they're "down with" and "understand" black people. I saw plenty of fake Indian, Asian, and White people on Facebook using black lingo to express their love for Ultralight Beam. The same fake bitches that will go to a BLM rally.

nice i agree. i hope this was kanyes actual hidden intention

>It is an album modeled after the attitude of short attention span-social media and the DIY cultures found on the internet
[Citation needed]

asshole

Do you think the "pray for paris" line had anything to do with this?

probably!

Hah you're right! And he's joking on every Buzzfeed/thoughtcatalogue article that came out trying to dissect Chance's verse, taking the "this is my part nobody else speak" to be black people looking for a voice. Hell he's probably joking on Chance too.

Solange doesn't get it, he does

gotdamn he's got a beautiful wife

The user just said three other hip-hop albums by the same artist (with far less indie influences) were good.

The bear art for MBDTF was made by a fan. There are five official covers and one variant of the sword and crown one.

because he has the mind of a child