MUNCH YOURSELF

what are some good power metal bands?
bonus points if they dont have faggy accents

what are you lads listening to?

>Power metal
>good

thank you for your contribution, now go back to your black metal cave

give me something epic, like Graveland's Memory and Destiny

duh, everyone here knows its hipster metal.

It's the only good metal though

Pic related.

Just heard of Haken the other day and had this album recommended to me. What's everyone think of this one? I'm alright with it so far, not mind-blowing or anything, but it's good for what it is.

bad proge

It's been a while since I listened to this

don't you guys have a containment thread? why do you feel the need to post here

I do it for the (you)s. November is the best

rec me some buttmetal that doesn't suck

NAILS

>tfw highschool nostalgia

I only listened to the instrumental version of the album. 1985 is fantastic, the rest is meh

It doesn't exist

>tfw thee shittiest bands you liked in high school were pantera, dream theater, and silent civilian

dream theater isn't a shitty band

The Astonishing begs to differ

There is LITERALLY nothing wrong with The Astonishing

youtube.com/watch?v=tnOfWGiBetY

prog rock or prog metal?

Both

>tfw my highschool nostalgia wasn't scene kid deathcore bands

feels good man

it's awful

its got a dude with a snake for a penis on the cover, how could it be bad?

the only alright thing I can say about it, is the production, which is your average death metal production

the harsh vocals are generic, the singing is cringe inducing, and towards the end he literally goes 'ooh, ahh' in the most gut wrenchingly cringey way. it's awful.

I would be lying if I said this album wasn't one of my biggest guilty pleasures

i was just being an ironic shitposting faggot when i posted that, then i had a look at the album and you're right, its fucking awful

Why is dream theater shit when LTE and petrucci/rudess solo works are good? Is it all LaBrie's fault?

I admit it can be a little heavy handed at times

I think LaBrie has a lot to do with it. Have you heard his solo works? They're not outright bad, but he throws in just enough cringe to spoil it. That's the tragedy. It's like a decent meal with flakes of ash carefully stirred in.

here comes revenge - metallica
it has its moments.

I can barely hear the drums lol. Did I like it, /metal/?

god i hate metal music, it's all just screaming and way too loud. worst music to ever grace my cultured, creative ears. simply disgusting.

Everybody knows instrumental prog is the only good metal genre, user

youtube.com/watch?v=GjMizl3qQGE

>please give me attention
here you go

only good metal genre? i'm sorry did i not make my point clear enough? all metal is for losers with zero tastes
fucking awful, didn't judas priest make kids kill themselves or something?
just stating the truths, darling.

enjoy finding that sweet fucking meeting point of loud and screaming; or growling or guitars or hurdy gurdy you judgmental fuck.

you're the one who is at uni studying music just to make your daddy angery lmoalamap

I'm giving you a (you) not because I'm upset over your bait but because it's legitimately entertaining
carry on

oh shit troll post, my bad...
cawnt!

Love the twangy guitar tone. The vocals took some getting used to, but it's become one of my go-to comfy albums.

DOCTOR DOCTOR PLEASE

got damn

youtu.be/EPW0AWDmfJQ?t=121

The best tygers of pan tang album

>Day Two: They Followed the Scent of Jihad All the Way to the Thieves' Paradise (We Will Bring Our Riot to the Courtyard of the Cunt Heir to the Throne)
wew lads

This is a raid put the slams in the bag and no one gets hurt

Thrash till death

Hi /metal/, I have a question for you. I'm currently trying to expand my metal horizon (I've only listened to the "big" bands up till now), but I'm looking for a genre that may or may not exist. I'm looking for something slow-tempo with a fuzzy-ish sound a la stoner metal, but without all the drugs and shit that comes with stoner metal. Does such a genre, or even a particular band, exist?

atomspheric black metal

Slam

Who's the better riffmaster /metal/?

Does anyone remember the gore spammer?

spooky as hell
youtube.com/watch?v=QFI_oKo95S8

"savagery gone too far metal"

Im getti g an accountant ivehad enough of this

Yes, I wonder if that's why we barely talk about doom anymore

You should have met that bloke leon his knowledge of doom was more than anything youd ever come acroos, he was a living emodimemt of all that sort of thing
I never really got cathedral but if i had more money than this pie id love to get a collection

Overrated bait

I heard a recird once and it was like him soeaking he must be known to the scene his minds all over it

I would love it if the production wasn't god awful.

It sounds more like Roots with a few of the good bits from Aura, but fuck that production. There are many moments where I can't tell if there's snare, or if the guitars are going behind the other wind/stringed stuff.

you ok user? i think you need help

thanks

Name a more amusical, stale, boring genre.

Pro tip: you can't.

Why the hell are people still making Metal albums?

In the heat and the rain
With whips and chains
To see him fly
So many die
We build a tower of stone
With our flesh and bone
Just to see him fly
But don't know why
Now where do we go?

pretty weak b8 user

>amusical

>amusical
(You)

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE!!!

Still.

>when the riff drops after the 2 minute buildup in the torn thread

got damn

you can tell it's just a reworked dance with dragons from their b-sides album though

anybody else listened to this yet? because don't. it sucks shit and i'm mad at myself for expecting any different.

looks like nu-male artsy shit

most small metal bands suck anyways, i dont know why you would hunt them

kek the nbbmn thread is shitting itself right now

Anything like Belakor or any good recent MDM in general? Insomnium a shit.

The snare drum sounds like total shit. And it's so loud too. Really killing the whole thing. Lars is a total fucking tool.

is this good?

i know right, the bastard looks like a fucking sweaty bullock

nah. Merely okay at best. Sounds like a band that just don't got it anymore. It's very "safe" and sounds like a run of the mill NWOBHM clone band.

yo can someone tell me which metalsubgenres are cool and which are for emo scene fags?

>cool
all
>for emo scene fags
none

>The Astonishing
ok good i was just asking because im new in this genre and i dont want to start off liking some weird shit that i regret later on

Nah it's okay. You like what you like and that's that. If other people share your taste is a whole other point, but you're mature enough to decide for yourself aren't you?

bee's knees: doom, thrash, death
fedoralord: black, power, gothic
mong: nu, groove
scenefag: metalcore, deathcore

so the level below "bee's knees" is fedoralord? That's very secure.

it's not below it's in another universe
like the nutshack and my little pony

so can you name some cool bands for me that i can check out?

Why is this?

i'm not a fedorafag >:(

My biggest issue with it is there's no replay value. Moth or Atlas are the only tracks that I'll occasionally listen to going forward.