Does he deserve the title "King of Hip Hop?"

Does he deserve the title "King of Hip Hop?"

Hell no. Not with that 3 dud streak in the mid to late 2000s that's for damn sure.

No he is a sellout fuck him

Do those outweigh 3 [spoiler]actually 4[/spoiler] masterpieces that have become hip hop classics along with his massive impact on culture and popularity?

Yes

Only one of them is really considered a 'classic' and even that wears thin on you. (save for Stan).

He's good, he's original, but nowhere near the the best.

who is then

If he ever stayed around the quality level he was when he dropped the Marshal Mathers LP, maybe. But he didn't. He dropped off a little, ended up on too many shitty club songs and then dropped a shit album and fell off the face of the earth and picked himself up a little but just kind of sits on his throne
Marshall Mathers LP 2 had some good tracks though

damn

Yes.

I got the rotweiler so I'm fine.

More like king of trailer park rap

right now kanyes the king of hip hop

dam

yes no matter what the contrarians say. i used to be a stan until i found better music but his story is better than all others that are close to his level of fame. in terms of rap he is maybe the greatest. not production wise, but his rhyme scheme and wordplay is unmatched at the top level of rap. combine that with 3 masterpiece albums you have the king of rap.

why tho

Wew

I guess that says a lot about hip hop as a genre

hasn't made a good record in years...

there is no best rapper ever.

e

nice masterb8 there OP
... kek, who the fuck is this guy... may have heard him on some top 40 show a while back.
MF in effect chumps.
lol child.

i wouldnt say that lyrically he's unmatched, but as a whole I'd consider him one of best.

questioning kanyes merit as an artist?

yeezus wasn't bad. Great production, lyrics were lacking a bit but still listenable

Who?

Correct

This man will always be the king of hip hop

Underrated post

this

idk about king but he's better than eminem

>inb4 that picture of quotes from rappers complimenting Eminem is posted by a rabid fan of his that probably defends Ems worst albums as if they were illmatic.

This. He may have not the best records in recent years but he still the best alive at this very moment.

2pac is the king.

the "king" thing is more about popularity than quality and no hip-hop artist has enjoyed that kind of popularity (let alone for such a long time). He was huge when making shit music too.

He deserves that title, you just have to be aware of what it actually entails

This. And in terms of skill I'd say he's at least top 10.

he kiss meeyun on da lips

Could pass for the king of freestyle, but not hiphop

>king of freestyle
but that's Charles Hamilton

The true king

>BIG
>DADDY
>KANE

kendrick is current king, Rakim is GOAT.

pac was just your average rapper who got lucky and made it big

No.

no hes a fucking hack

I think "King of Hip Hop" should belong to someone with consistently amazing releases. Anyone come to mind with you guys?

King of hip hop doesn't mean the best rapper. He is the king and there are so many reasons. He sold most records. Hes the most famous. He was great. He has some classic. Hes the most influential. Overall, he is the king of hip hop.

redd*t

a king rules over the kingdom, nobody gives a shit about eminem anymore, sorry pal.

Does anyone give a shit about Elvis anymore?

Anyone trying to discredit Young Thug is clueless. Like seriously, how can people not see it?

I have never listened to a whole Eminem album.

I've only heard his singles and he's shit.

Why be a king, when you can be a god

Kanye is King.

>Consistent
>A brand in his own right
>Most famous

This sounds like a YouTube comment on a VEVO video

SSLP and MMLP are his only truly great albums. TES is alright but it was the start of his decline.

TES and MMLP2 are both amazing, and Relapse definitely wasn't bad.

>my name is
>guilty conscience
>real slim shady
>the way I am
>stan
>without me
>cleaning out my closet
>business

The majority of his singles are amazing

>King of Hip Hop
>Not Kanye
wew