How did Sam Raimi manage to do Spider-Man better than Marvel themselves?

How did Sam Raimi manage to do Spider-Man better than Marvel themselves?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z00fTwhmYX0
youtube.com/watch?v=AWCi9Bxu1pk
youtube.com/watch?v=n42PunZ3Xno
youtube.com/watch?v=_44L4Ffff9w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He didn't.

Sam Raimi is not only a great director, but understands how to weave the whole fun, humor, serious angles into a movie without it conflicting, at least at the time

It also helps that his movies were about spiderman whereas civil war just has him in a small part, we'll see with his solo movie, but considering the writers idk

He had three whole movies to do it compared to marvels 15 minutes?

kek

youtube.com/watch?v=z00fTwhmYX0

keep telling yourself that.

>that fish eye lens effect
couldn't watch

he didn't.

Why are Marvel cucks in such denial?

youtube.com/watch?v=AWCi9Bxu1pk

the goat
youtube.com/watch?v=n42PunZ3Xno

He did a better peter parker. Not really a better spiderman

why the fuck is he able to take punches?

one real punch should fuck him up

up up and away, web!

his action sequences were better by a mile

>no cinematic universe
>creative freedom until the third one

Well known that he pulls his punches

He was making a movie, not a fucking 90 minute quip and meme Montage like marvel does.

>MCUcks
>r/aimifags

Both your Spidermen were trash

I don't get this meme, peter parker is not as miserable as he is portrayed in the raimi movies.

Raimi's?

>there are people who think Raimi's spiderman wasn't the GOAT
I mean, I know this board is filled with plebs, but WEW LADS.

>How did Sam Raimi manage to do Spider-Man better than Marvel themselves?
sincere intent

He didn't even do that, in my opinion. Besides being simply too old, Maguire's Parker couldn't find the balance between geeky and charming. He was just awkward, often painfully so.

i like how raimi made two of the most successful movies of all time and they still couldnt trust him with creative freedom

the only people who think Raimi's werent the best spiderman films are people under 16

Daily remind that Marvel will never be able to make a scene as emotional as this:

youtube.com/watch?v=_44L4Ffff9w

>quip

I don't think you guys understand that that is what comics do. It's like being mad about staying true to source material.

Trotsky Parker was so good wasn't able to make it past 2.

Source material can be shit too, you know.

How does he do the jesus symbolism better than snyder?

It's Sony. They are the worst of the big studios and that's saying something.

Because you've never read a Spider-man comic, but you grew up with these movies. So you have no idea what Spider-man is supposed to be.

I will take a good movie that isn't faithful to the source material's medium instead of a piece of shit

To be fair to Marvel, this would be torn apart today because no camera phones.

Then why complain if you don't like either? Surely you can't be so pathetic you complain about something you have absolutely no interest in. You're just trolling right?

Spider-Man has been interpreted in many different ways

There isn't just one comic you dummy

Spider-Man would just web the phones and steal them or something.

No I like the marvel characters but you do realize that comics are pretty low quality in general right? if you adapted most comics directly, they would be shit by movie standards

Sometimes being true to the source isn't the right thing

That's why jaws is better than it's book (because it cut the crap out) and the Russos actually made a much better movie than civil war as a comic (because it just used the theme and not the shit parts)

Well you've only had 10 years to figure out how these movies work, are you so retarded you keep thinking they will change what keeps working? People who complain about cape shit are probably the dumbest people on the worst board on Sup Forums.

all the best capeshit was before the MCU and DCCU because auteurs actually had control and created unique visions

they were basically live action standalone graphic novels

Spiderman quips in the comics because it's part of his character. In the marvel movies everyone quips all the time just because. If you ever read an iron-man or thor comic in your life you would know that, unlike the movies, not every single line of dialogue is a sarcastic comment. I can barely think of any time black widow ever made a joke at all in the comics.

You're an idiot. I never said any of the shit you just said. Don't reply to me again.

Yea man. Batman and Robin was some real kino.

Why the fuck do they pass him back through and entire train car before putting him down? Wouldn't any normal person just lay him down as soon as he is safely inside, instead of crowd-surfing an unconscious body for the sake of messiah symbolism?

I think the creators know these films are fun family flicks, they aren't trying to be Oscar award winning high brow films. They know what they're making is silly and write accordingly.

are they supposed to be teenager?
Cause they all look like grown men

> batman returns
> the dark knight
> original supermans
> x2
> raimi spidermans

one bad movie doesnt disprove my point you dumb fuck

If you think Raimi's films don't have an abundance of quips, you're deluded.

If you think a Spider-Man adaption would even work without a quippy wall-crawler, you're wrong.

Suck my dick faggot, keep complaining, you know you'll keep watching and talking about it no matter how shit you say it is, pathetic.

theres a difference between a movie with quips and a quipflick

What did he steal again?

he didn't. Spiderman never suffered from aspergers .

He didn't. Loose the nostalgia.

> nostalgia
> critically acclaimed films

marvel shills in denial

>muh dark mature fanbase

Raimi's fist one was okay, second one was god tier, third was trash. Too many subplots were going on in Spiderman 3 for it to even try to be good, not to mention those cringe Emo Spiderman Scenes.

He's not a perfect Spider-Man, but Raimi's directing skills and vision put it miles above others.

Russos Spidey to me feels like a spiritual successor to Raimi. New Spidey is in right hands.