So someone was talking about obtaining one of these

So someone was talking about obtaining one of these.

What are Sup Forums's thoughts?

Yep that's some electrical thing

Do you really need that many dildos? And all of them the same size, too?

Jammer?

Illegal to use but not possess. Then again if it has no legal use does that make it an instrument of crime?

They're overpriced and don't work well in the us. It's a felony to operate one and I'd something horrific happens while you're using one, get ready to meet the Patriot Act.

Overpriced maybe..
Not work well? I didn't think 3G/4G and WiFi protocols changed with location. Dont know why they won't work on that side of the pond..

go right ahead and do that. it's not illegal to own.

The US has some weird ass frequencies on their phones, but WiFi is the same. They will work on some carriers in the US but not all.

OFC there are some designed to catch all US bands, but they tend to be even more overpriced than the regular ones. Just get a couple of wide-range VCOs and build one yourself.

Pricy. Link to plans for diy? Anyone?

Simple single frequency jammer with minimal power:
instructables dot com slash id slash How-To-Create-Your-Signal-Jammer

Unless you're military, you shouldn't be able to use them. Then again, it's the only effective measure against cell phone triggered IED's.

There seems to be an absence of a certain ornithological piece: a headline regarding mass awareness of a certain avian variety. Oh have you not heard? It was my understanding that everyone had heard…

And a proper one:
ladyada dot net slash make slash wavebubble

so my university in Japan has these installed, japs don't give a single fuck. they say it's to keep people from cheating during tests, blocks all internet and data to your cell phone during class, you can tell exactly when they turn the fuckers on as well.

Everything so far posted here has been law enforcement jammers, not military grade jammers. If only the military should use law enforcement gear, who should use military gear? Nobody?

FUCK OFF

FUCK OFF, !!!!!! FUCK OF YOU TWAT!!!!!!

Japan, like most of Asia, has very different RF laws than the west.

This seems like you're referring to a winged creature sir I do believe i've heard

wtf is that OP

Manta-ray

see

They're same. If you're thinking about anything unlawful, it's not witchcraft to detect a jammer is working nearby.