Are most movies not shot chronologically...

Are most movies not shot chronologically? I understand that for production purposes it makes more sense to do it according to what the budget allows. But when it comes to the actors' performances doesn't that affect the development of the character and the congruence of what is going on in the story?

yeah its hard
thats why film schools exist

Nobody can act anyways.

they're called actors

No shit?

ooga booga

That's why you prepare for the role ahead of time.

Very few are shot chrono

>faggots from nyc

That is a good question, OP. but like most serious threads this one is gonna be forgotten while shitposting threads will get 300+ replies.

That's why acting is a job, and good actors get paid big bucks. Actors also have to be aware of continuity, always be ready for improvisation, trust that the crew has their safety in mind, usually while working with less experienced actors under a time limit and with the requirement that they look perfect. It saves studios and produces lots of money when actors can give directors the shots they want in as few takes as possible.

I think most film schedules start out chronologically but then the line producer, director, dp and other high level crew all get together and use that as a baseline to hash out a shooting schedule that works but is also as cheap, flexible, and as efficient as possible during pre-production.

The answer is no and thats about it

As an "actor" I will say it is actually pretty normal in the magical shitfest of making a movie. Usually you know the script better than reciting the alphabet backwards by the time you actually show up on set. Some actors practically live on said set as soon as the movie begins production. You are told what scenes are to be filmed weeks in advance and any decent actor is already in the mindset for being thrown into a set and being told to dance monkey dance. Most actors already have their version of the character down pact which is why "method acting" makes no fucking sense.

We are typically hired to become a character and need to pretend to be said person for sometimes seems like a couple years. Outside of filming, everyone is one giant fucking freakshow of a family and already know how we are supposed to act before filming. I assure you, if movies where filmed beginning to end and rushed to post it'd be a fucking nightmare.
In no way shape or form am I working on a terrible sounding made for Netflix movie with an A-list actor who brings a 30 rack into studio every day and just laughs himself into hysteria driving a golf kart for laughs.

>As an "faggot" I will say it is actually pretty normal in the magical shitfest of making a movie. Usually you know the script better than reciting the alphabet backwards by the time you actually show up on set. Some faggots practically live on said set as soon as the movie begins production. You are told what scenes are to be filmed weeks in advance and any decent faggot is already in the mindset for being thrown into a set and being told to dance monkey dance. Most faggots already have their version of the character down pat which is why "method faggotting" makes no fucking sense.
>We are typically hired to become a character and need to pretend to be said person for sometimes seems like a couple years. Outside of filming, everyone is one giant fucking freakshow of a family and already know how we are supposed to suck cock before filming. I assure you, if movies where filmed beginning to end and rushed to post it'd be a fucking nightmare.
>In no way shape or form am I working on a terrible sounding made for Netflix movie with an A-list faggot who brings a 30 rack into studio every day and just laughs himself into hysteria driving a golf kart for laughs.

ftfy

Thanks for fixing

I doubt it. The actors have the full script in front of them. Its not like while filming say this particular movie.
>okay leo we're starting with the qualludes scene so go crazy
>after that we're jumping to the very end so be sad
>next ur rescued by the navy so be grateful

they know like "ok my best friend just died in that final battle, so be sad" mentality. But also what other anons said, thats what makes it 'movie magic'.

Also now, movies are mostly show with a green screen. Yes, even the most simplest of scenes. Even a walk in the park and stuff. Why? Its cheaper and easier for travel limitations to have just a guy from the set shoot in Central Park, load it for the green screen, and have actor A and B be ready for a single day's shoot. Rather than trying to find a day where both A and B can travel to NYC and you have to do it in one day cause they have travel arrangements for the next day and having to fly equipment out and such.

>shooting movies in chronological order

What kinda autistic shit is that? Soon you're gonna tell me you should tie a blanket around yourself to keep in the energy

np. you faggots need all the help you can get.

Someone should make a movie where they film everything in chronological order and the actors don't know certain things until it's revealed.

So Casablanca?

Terrible, you'd get soap opera scenes or overacting of surprise

>doesn't that affect the development of the character
no. thats in the script.

if you mean how well that actor can perform their scene? not really either unless you have a horrible editor, director and/or actor.

most all movies are shot out of order for logistical reasons. but sometimes you'll get a director that can manage shooting in order of the script. rarely happens though. but I think most directors/producers want it finished as fast as possible. so if it means in or out of order, thats what they do.

Did they do that? Also, forgot to mention the finished movie itself would be out of chronological order (flashbacks, parallel accounts).

They didn't, they had one scene the actors didn't know what was going on but anons on Sup Forums get their information from clickbait headlines

Well just think about it.

If you are making a movie where the intro and ending are set in Moscow but the middle of the film is set in New York, are you really going to do two trips to Moscow or just do all the film in one go?

95% of the times they are in another country they are on set with greenscreens

you couldnt be more wrong.

You are missing the point.

Even if it's just that, they aren't going to keep switching between the two locations when they can just do it in one go. Each time you switch, you have to change the lighting and all kinds of other crap.