Reminder that Green Day were once a pretty damn good band

Reminder that Green Day were once a pretty damn good band

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5HTjlt3tuDc
youtube.com/watch?v=zs9bntZpxLo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I enjoy them in their current state as well. I love they think they're punk rock by chanting #TuckFrump or some cringy shit like that, and having favorable HuffPo articles written on them.

I liked Nimrod the best out of all their records.

They never really stopped being a pretty great damn good band. They just changed with the times. Look at how long they've been around. How many bands can just keep staying relevant like that? Not many. They always have been the real deal, always will be the real deal.

Bullshit.
It's been all downhill since they played a big role in essentially killing off Punk during the Dookie days..

Green Day should have packed it on January 1, 2000.

>alt-right nazi white beta boy spotted

Dude, punk had died by the time Reagan was president.

Green Gay are...

>a bunch of 40-something millionaires who live in Beverly Hills and drive around in a limousine
>and who haven't updated their wardrobe since American Idiot came out
>and have absolutely no clue anymore what working class Americans are like
>and who have no fans anymore except idiot soccer moms

Not quite.

the original thing ala 1977 still had something going post 1980 even though the Hardcore wave swept over it. In one way or another it lasted until it finally fell under the onslaught that was unleashed by the likes of Green Day and other mass media types.

Kurt Cobain wanted to bring his alternative/punk friends to the mainstream and he succeeded. Unfortunately.

Believe it or not I haven't listened to them in over 20 years and the last album I bought by them was Insomniac. I've heard cuts from some of their post 1995 releases. I didn't hate it. Stuf I've heard from American Idiot is good but I'm sick of it cos it's just overplayed. Early stuff before 1995 is still pretty good.

American Idiot has a place of importance as the last of the mega blockbuster rock albums, closing out a lineage that goes back to Sgt. Pepper.

But it is very overplayed. Absolutely.

Succeed they did. Mainstream rock has died and there's no bands of the Kiss or AC/DC mold anymore. We're living in the house Nirvana built for the past quarter century.

>American Idiot has a place of importance as the last of the mega blockbuster rock albums

Rock deserves to die on that alone.

youtube.com/watch?v=5HTjlt3tuDc

>it's bad because it's played on the radio
Never change, Sup Forums.

Kerplunk would be a near perfect pop punk album if it wasn't for Dominated Love Slave

>implying Dominated Love Slave is anything short of a masterpiece
pic related however was the true fuck up especially Nightlife. That song should have never happened. Dos would be otherwise bearable (with Amy being a very clear highlight)

American Idiot would be loved by /my/ if the sound was more lo-fi

>punk
>liberals
pick one

too much sugary shit
I was a kid back then and I already thought they blew, today I would just skip them

I wish they had something like this but with American idiot. would be amazing I think
youtube.com/watch?v=zs9bntZpxLo

They were a solid "we're angsty young white guys who like Generation X and the Clash and make pop music derived from it" band, but they were always pretty vapid and juvenile. It's definitely more apparent now that they're adults and still carry on like 14 year olds because they grew up being praised for being like that and in the process never really matured much.

I loved them as a wee lad and I can still listen to Insomniac and Dookie without cringing too much, but they were never more than the prototype for Blink 182, Avril Lavigne or All Time Low; a commodified radio pop band labelled as Punk.
They're better because they weren't derivative of themselves, whereas what came after was derivative of Green Day.