So i havent listened to metal since i was 15 but now that i'm fed up with the whole rap trap etc...

so i havent listened to metal since i was 15 but now that i'm fed up with the whole rap trap etc. genre i'd like to try some metal to listen to during workouts.

thing is i have no clue about this entire scene, so if you guys could give me some hard/energetic shit that's not too edgy i'd really appreciate it.

thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pZiVWXjsaJg
youtube.com/watch?v=gd3HTU2a2mA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

enjoy your shitty post sageing to oblivion due to your obscure post.
wtf do you even mean metal.
do you know where the genre comes from?
i dont.
fuck, start with basic classic Judas Priest then move on to Iron Maiden, nothing edgy about that unless your stuck in an 70's time warp, what the fuck are we, your mu mom or somfuck...? shit do your own research tard.

Terrorizer - World Downfall
Napalm Death - Scum
Bolt Thrower - In Battle There Is No Law

I really like metal demo tapes but the "bad quality" puts some people off. If not then check out

Terrorizer - Before The Downfall
Nausea - World Struggle

>listening to metal when you work out
>not best korean propaganda music
youtube.com/watch?v=pZiVWXjsaJg

k sorry. as i said i don't know anything about metal. hence the obscurity.

If you want "hard/energetic shit" then grind and slam are the sub-genres you want to be looking at. Maybe some crust punk too.

Edgy is a pretty retarded descriptor so I don't really know what you mean by that, but assuming you're not totally narrow minded, check out death metal as well. These are my favourite albums right now since I just started getting back into metal after stopping listening to it as a teenager, same as you.

like, new age metal? Old school metal?

Heavy/Death/Black/Glam/Speed/Gypsy?

Metal has the most ridiculously broad and extensive list of subgenres, and the identified sound to each can be almost completely different.

You need to specify a bit on what kind of metal you want to listen to.

He obviously wanted pirate metal.

hahaha metal music, the most obnoxious, untalented music to ever have the displeasure of gracing my cultured and creative ears. you are all losers!

"Metal" contains a lot of sub-genres, so we really need some more information about what you are into.

i literally have no idea. what i used to listen to as a kid was mainly slipknot so probably new age?

shieeet idk, thanks for the suggestions so far tho. i'm really just loking for some input since i don't know where to start.

This is a great workout album, also just a great album really

I have a few charts saved on my desktop, hang on 10 minutes and I'll post them all for you.

youtube.com/watch?v=gd3HTU2a2mA

I know I already posted this but I really can't recommend it enough. This record drives me fucking crazy

uhh ok.

So we'll go roll with that.

Northlane, Lamb of God, Parkway Drive (older albums), Black Dahlia Murder and Thy Art is Murder will probably be all up your alley. They're all releatively easy "metal" to get in too, in terms of what you're thinking of.

Are you trying to put him off metal forever? Come on man.

Hey, I actually like some of Parkway Drive's stuff.

Here you go OP

he likes slipknot, i was listing more casual shit. Give me a break, im trying to help the man.

you like that shit from western aus, i mean the first album is good but your in hardcore land, is this really, metal?

>Racer X - Street Lethal
Fuck that takes me back

He liked Slipknot as a kid, dude

I liked Slipknot as a kid too and had a great time at their shows but like everyone else on planet earth who isn't developmentally stunted I quickly grew out of them around age 15

Good point. What is the distinguishing difference between metal and hardcore?

wew thanks

Just a heads up: melodeath is shitty, symphonic black is shitty, folk metal is shitty, prog metal is EXTREMELY shitty, goth/symphonic metal is shitty, folk metal is kinda shitty, atmosludge is mostly shitty, djent is shitty, neoclassical/shred is shitty, and Devin Townsend is shitty. You'd do well to avoid those sections if you want good taste

I don't know shit about most of those genres, but I really think Insomnium should have a mention under Melodic.

ayy chek this guy out

prog metal genuinely is fucking awful though

>mfw half of the stoner albums there are straight up doom metal

Listen to Gojira and The Ocean