Stark: Zemo I know you've been trying to pit the avengers against each other by fabricating conflict using Bucky's past...

>Stark: Zemo I know you've been trying to pit the avengers against each other by fabricating conflict using Bucky's past as a brainwashed assassin and I'm hear to arrest you.
>Zemo: Yep that's exactly what I did. Now watch this video where I fabricate more conflict using Bucky's past as a brainwashed assassin.
>Stark: Well, I'm convinced to start trying to kill Bucky for something I know he was brainwashed into doing and is in no way responsible and I'm going to totally forget why I flew all the way to Siberia in the first place.
Iron Man seems like he's smarter than that.

Iron Man 2 was about how much he missed and loved his dad. He has always made dumb decisions without thinking about them fully, and the most regretful thing from his past was not telling his dad how much he meant. His anger is justified as a flawed character. Zemo presented no immediate threat, and he couldn't believe his friend would betray him by hiding such a thing from him.

For fucks sake though your everyt thought doesnt need to be a thread, there is probably literally close to twenty fucking Civil War threads up right now just pick one and stick to it. Your opinion isn't as unique as you initially think it is.

Rekt

PWNED

If Stark compared about his dad then why in this movie did he only say he killed my MOM STEVE. He didn't even mention his dad.

Why did Tony really feel the need to enlist the help of a kid who only had 6 months of superpower experience ?

Because Spiderman is OP and his mom is hot.

>and his aunt is hot.
ftfy, but yeah, pretty much that.

Shit was established in the beginning of the fucking movie.

>It's an "autists really can't undestand why Tony would be emotionally unbalanced and irrational after seeing his own mother get strangled" episode

What sorcerery has allowed Tomei to still look so good for camera ?

I don't know man that was some dark shit. His father gets his face smashed in as he's begging for his wifes life only to have his corpse sat next to her and shes casually strangled........

Italian genetics.

It's ok that he raged, it's ok that he wants to kill Bucky. What bugs me is that we're supposed to sympathize with him, but he's been nothing but an asshole and cunt this entire time. He only cared that his mother died, he felt nothing for his father. He sold millions of weapons to governments that killed millions of people, he builds an almost unstoppable AI that kills hundreds, almost gets his GF killed. So I just can't feel sorry for him. I empathize, but I do not sympathize.

At the beginning of the movie he hated his dad back in 1991 moron. In the second iron man movie he FORGAVE HIS DAD.

So aging like a fine wine then ?

Yea thats actually a good point, I dunno. That doesn't exactly ruin it, im sure he loved his mom too.

>Stark is an impulsive, self-centred man-baby with staggering parental issues
>HUR WHY HE GO CRAZY AND FITE?

What is it with Marvel and botching the best IM story lines? It probably extends to other heroes but I'm only really a fan of IM

>Tonys alcoholism
Wasted and botched
>Civil War
Wasted and botched
>Extremis
Botched
>Mandarin
Botched

>Stark and Pepper Potts break up
>Finds Hot Aunt May who has a recently deceased husband
>RDJ in next Spider-Man movie

Who's ready for Uncle Tony?

If his mom was strangled wouldn't it show on a coroner report? Which in turn should have raised questins as to why a victim of a supposed car accident died by strangulation.

Civil War is an awful comic. Fuck off.

because the studio didn't find out they could use spiderman until the movie was already written and halfway shot so they shoehorned him in the middle

>not realising with Marvel properties if Civil War is in the title every character acts like someone else

He even cracked a joke and called him "manchurian candidate" that pretty much says all of what you said in two words.

This. This! I was thinking the same thing! This annoyed me so much!

Fuck you. The tie ins alone are better than most 90s Marvel

this. i don't understand why there is this expectation for him to have acted logically when the beginning of the movie established he's still fucked up over his parents deaths, then watching it in detail plus having a friend say he hid the truth from him all while having the guy that did it in front of him. granted, he was innocent, but still.

Seriously, where's this revisionist history that Civil War was ever good coming from? It was an interesting idea and it had a few choice moments, but ultimately it's still a Mark Millar comic.

Why was Hydra holding onto a digital transfer of the video surveillance tape of a murder from a quarter century ago? The only person it could have possibly given them leverage on was on their own brainwashed operative.

inspired by the same italian excellence

I would understand most people acting like that, but Tony Stark is supposed to be in the top ten smartest people on the planet. He should be nearly as logical as Vision.

All I got from the movie is that I'd be totally okay if someone killed Bucky so everyone can get over this shit.

At least in the comics it's a major ideological divide. Here it's just "muh Bucky"

It was part of the mission log for Dec 17, 1991. They don't seem like people that would fail to archive everything and anything.

The problem is that it cheapens the final fight. If it was all about Tomy throwing an irrational tantrum its disconnected from the ideological differences earlier. The entire story just feels very fragmented.

Have we been watching the same movies for the better part of a decade?
From the beginning of the MCU, he's been a character driven primarily by emotion, mostly guilt.

>He should be nearly as logical as Vision.
Then why did Vision hit War Machine instead of retracting his beam?

Emotions override control and intelligence.

Yes, why would an evil and well organized organization keep one of their major operations and assets well documented.

We will never know.

My bad. I thought a super secret organization would have some interest in maintaining plausible deniability.

Live and learn, I suppose.

Tony would never chimp out on Cap because of the ideologic shit.

I dont know what point you're trying to make. That vision hit War Machine because of emotions? Literally wut

>Cap: He wasn't responsible, Tony. Hydra was controlling him.
>Tony: I don't care. He killed my mom.

There you go, your answer in dialogue from the same scene you're talking about. Jackass.

prob cause spidey boi has sticky white webby that can restrain people without making em dead and thats what he wanted to do with cap united states and his entourage of enhanced individuals

Iron Man later addresses him saying he thought that Vision was the most logically sound one in their group and asked how he missed Falcon and hit War Machine.

Vision replies he thought he was the most logically sound one as well if I recall correctly.

Pretty sure he was getting emotional over Wanda leaving the Avengers.

It cheapens Cap's whole character that X amount of time he hadn't already come clean to Tony, what with all of Hydra and SHIELD's files having been released on the internet by the Widow.

Bucky's participation in Tony's parents' deaths was a ticking time bomb that he did nothing to defuse, and after having kept the truth from him since getting that paper file on Bucky from the Widow at the end of TWS, he decides that right there with Bucky within arm's reach of Tony, now is the time for honesty?

It's plot-induced stupidity at its finest.

Tony should never have chimped out at all. There should have been a reluctant fight between the two where despite best efforts, they just couldn't resolve the ideological differences and Tony had to take him in. The fact that Tony is just going on a stupid emotional rampage makes the entire fight feel dumb.

I aljso don't think the story justifies Tony being so irrational as to be explained the villians whole plan about division, know that bucky was brainwashed and the fact that Tony was already wrong about bucky once, and yet Tony still isn't the least bit catuous or hesitant about trying to fulfill Zemos stated plan. I just don't think Tony or the story has justified that kind of irrationality.

Maybe the fact that he just saw Bucky beat his father to death and burn his mother?

>Now watch this video where I fabricate more conflict
>where I fabricate more conflict
>fabricate

He literally watched his parents murdered in front of his eyes, his dad having his face smashed in, his mom strangled to death.

He didn't fabricate shit. Anyone would have been in a killing rage even Tony Stark.

It's his parents deaths, user. That's not really something most people take logically and is about the most personal thing you can get.
Most people could be riled up by watching their parents die violently.

I thought Vision missing was just a miss. It didn't seem, to me, like it was anything to do with logic. Maybe he mind was on Wanda and he lost focus, but that's not really logic, more like being able to keep his emotions in check (or not have emotions at all, like he's supposed to).

The choice moments are completely missing or botched in the film, that's part of the issue. The film has it down to "dude wouldn't it be funny if the heroes turn on each other lmao" without anything that made CW remotely good

He didn't know it was Bucky, just that they'd been assassinated. He said that.

Here's a question I need answered, who did the fight cheorography for this movie ?

When? All I got was him affirming that he knew when Tony asked.

I understand Tony being angry. I even understand him hitting Cap. It just seems too little of an explanation when the villian was right there in the room explaining his plan and Tony had already been wrong about bucky before. Tony has never shown to be so emotional or irrational.

>(or not have emotions at all, like he's supposed to).

Now that I recall, I believe that's what Stark mentioned "I thought you weren't supposed to have emotions." to which Vision replied "I thought so as well." or something along those lines.

Are you fucking spergs serious about this shit?

Like Tony would just sit there after learning the truth about his parents, his parents that he has missed his entire life, that they were brutally murdered by a man standing ten feet away from him?

You think Tony Stark should be like, "hmmm I know this man viciously bludgeoned my father to death while he begged him to help my mother and then choked the life out of my mother as well, but he was brainwashed so I'll just sit here calmly and rationalize that I shouldn't do anything. Even though I just watched their brutal murders after thinking my entire life they died in an accident."

Yea I think it was something like that. Which makes sense. They are clearly starting to introduce the idea that Vision isn't perfect.

It was heavily implied in his conversation with Wanda that he has ambition, and a lust for power over the infinity stone. It made me quite intrigued as to what's next for his character, and his relationship with Wanda.

It's not spergs, it's literal children that have clearly never lost a family member they were very close to so they can't empathize.

They'll almost end up together, Thanos will rip out the infinity stone from his head at the end of IW2, and Wanda will go berserk on him.

>DCcucks complain about why characters have human emotions

Maybe it's called Man of Steel because every character in the movie is as dull as metal.

Tony being angry makes sense, I just think trying to kill Bucky when everything else had gone on is more irrational than anything Tony had been shown capable of.

Also in terms of a story reason for a fight, i think irrationality is cheap.

>You will never be a super-powerful android
>You will never make soup for your waifu-witch

jdimsa

Why does Bucky get away with so much and why is Cap so gay for him aside from muh past ?

He said something akin to "I knew, but I didn't know it was him". Don't remember the exact quote.

>you will never imprison her and put her in a straight jacket and a shock collar and see how she slowly starts to look deader and deader inside

He did know.
You forgot that dossier that Black Widow gave to him about Bucky at the end of TWS?

>Cap says he didn't know
>He did know, guys!

Because HE DINDU NUFFIN.
Seriously, that's it. All sins wiped clean like they didn't happen because he was brainwashed and couldn't help it.
Like, I'm cool with go easy on him because he legitimately couldn't help it, but Cap goes a little too far with that shit.

They were literally friends since childhood and Bucky is the only person left on earth who is from is time and can relate to all the same shit.

It makes sense.

Also he gets away with shit because its not actually 'him' that did any of it.

Hungarian food is criminally underrated. Forget that Italian shit, find yourself a Hungarian restaurant and you won't regret it.

How would anybody be responsible for things they didn't choose to do? Bucky didn't kill all those people, The Winter Soldier did.

If I hijacked your body and killed a bunch of pre-schoolers, would you be responsible?

A genius

So was it the Raid guys or what ?

He knew Hydra killed them, he didn't know who did it. Hydra probably had a lot of assassins.

You guys forget that Tony had already agreed to take down the Winter Soldier. It's literally a "Shoot on site" mission. He only initiates a cease-fire after he's convinced by Black Widow and the evidence Friday presents him. Once he realizes that the Super Soldier assassins are dead, there is no real threat. Driven by rage and betrayal, he feels more right than ever to take down Bucky. Going further, i believe WS is actually guilty. Black panther even asks him why he was running despite being "innocent". Bucky should have just shot himself, but he's such pussy that he decides to not only become a major catalyst in the decimation of an organization of heroes, but cause further conflict by attempting to preserve his survival.

I feel like that's still something worth bringing up at some point though.
It'd be awkward, sure, but letting a friend go on being haunted by his parents' deaths and not telling him what you know seems kinda cruel.

Cap is a super fag for Bucky and it's only after Peggy's death does this fag realise it

No, but I sure as hell wouldn't run around free with the full knowledge I could and would do it again.
I'd kill myself or get myself locked up for good or something. That's why Bucky is 110% right about being iced until there's a cure.

I thought the super soldiers were still at large. When did it show that they were dead?

He was also doing it to protect Bucky. Cap probably suspected Bucky did it and didn't want Tony to go on a manhunt for every Hydra assassin he could find.

The dudes + lady in the tubes with gunshots to their foreheads?
Did you just skip a large part of the movie to piss or what?

Because you have to be a complete and utter retard to think that you'll be able to convince a jury of peers, let alone military jury, that you've been brainwashed by a secret society

The fight was completely justified. There is no reason for WS to live. He's a walking tool for Hydra, a fugitive, a murderer and an accomplice in the murder of the Starks. The guy literally tried to live a life of freedom, instead of doing the right thing and turning himself in. It's the same ideology that cause Cap to go rogue. Just because you believe something is right.. doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. Vision said it the best.. the whole thing was a catastrophic decision. The end result was the preservation of Cap's moral dilemna and the Winter Soldier getting Frozen. A more optimal solution would be for Black Panther to turn him into SHIELD.

Oh fug, you're right, I remember now. To be fair though I was pretty baked

Luckily I'm seeing it again this week.

How raped did she get by the guards?

Would Cap's outlook have changed if he lost his virginity to Sharon ?

Bucky would be a very valuable asset to the team. There is definitely a point for him to live, once he gets his hydra mind control shit sorted out.

Gang-banged as she kept that serious look in her face.
Just looking at them silently.

Had Tony lost his parents in a Hulk rampage, would he try to kill Banner?

I agree. You are absolutely right, but Bucky is NO hero. A real hero would do the time to avoid future conflict. The second Cap tried to help him, he should have just turned himself in. The only excuse he had NOT to, was to stop the SS Assassins. After that plan went out the window, he should have stood down. Why live? He even agreed that he can be used for evil. Remember the ending scene in Dark Knight? Yeah, Bucky aint shit.

After 50 posts all these capeshit threads become anons arguing over who's head-canon is more canon

Probably, if Banner was standing right there as he found out before getting some calm down time.

And psychopathic killers might make good soldiers.

They also might massacre your own troops, but hey whatever, they're skilled

You.

Not only does good not magically absolve bad, Bucky hasn't done any good at all, he should be executed or imprisoned for life

Both Tony and Steve were acting on pure emotions near the end.
Tony had major daddy issues and saw it as a way to revenge his parents, Steve just wanted to protect his childhood friend, remember his first love had just died and Bucky is the only person in the world he can fully relate to

So here's my question, how does all of this defeat Thanos honestly ?

I think you're overlooking the fact that he doesn't just switch magically from winter soldier to bucky. He took a lot of time just to figure out who he was. There is no way that he is going to come to the conclusion that he should off himself, or turn himself in, just like that.

By the end of the film he realised that he was a danger and should be put back on ice. I thought that was a reasonable amount of time for him to come to that conclusion, given the almost non stop action during the majority of the film which kept him preoccupied.

enough of an asset for War Machine to get paralyzed? Sure, the guy has powers, but Cap didn't want him to join the team. He just wanted him to avoid being punished for something he didn't do.

>Why was Hydra holding onto a digital transfer of the video surveillance tape of a murder from a quarter century ago?

Why would there even be a surveillance camera on a back-woods road in 1991?