Halp?

Halp?

>be sad and untechy fag
>family friend always set up our computers
>my shitty xp (i think) desktop crashed 3 years ago
>pc needs an adapter to connect to wifi
>adapter no longer works after rebooting

I'm assuming I'm missing some kind of program for the adapter? I'm seriously a retard. been googling for months and can't figure this shit out.

>wifi adapter has nothing written on the antenna
>I remember clicking an icon that looks something like pic related to connect to other wifis

Other urls found in this thread:

sites.google.com/site/linksysupdateddrivers/rt61/driver/download
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

can you go into device manager and find the adapter? if so, right click properties and tell me the hardware ID

posting random pictures from my laptop to bump

i'll try one minute

reinstall the driver nigger

how? I've been trying like hell to figure out who made mine idk the brand or type

post a picture of it

1394 Net Adapter?

wtf does that say

MDI40H101472

have you tried opening your case and looking at the card

Just go to device manager and go to network adapters and check if there's any exclamation marks

nope i'll look at it right now

This should help

no exclamations.

there is a red X on the adapter connection that says: TCP/ip is not enabled when I try to repair it

If there is go to properties>details and go to《 Hardware lds》select it and 4 values should appear copy the second one and paste on the internet

Well that means that you have manually desiabled the device

Can you go to properties and enable it? Or is there some other problem?

To check if it's been disabled, go to control panel, network connections, then if there's an icon with an x on it saying disabled, right click it and click enable.

shit wait yeah okay, this is what I've got

Neither of those are what you need for WiFi connectivity. Your computer is not recognizing your wireless card.

couldnt see much. just the manufacturing date and it says "wireless-g pc adapter"

turn off your comp and reseat your card

Damn. Okay, how do I do that?

trying this now.

You probably need the disc that came with the adapter

Get the any info it says on that WiFi card when you are repeating it, you will probably end up needing the drivers reinstalled and in order for myself or any other user to help you, we need the exact model.

This thread

alright so I turned off my comp, took out the card, not I put the card back in and turn it on? Does that reset it?

snapped a pic of the card, so now I've got that info at least

Meant to say reseat, as in unplugging card from motherboard and plugging it back in. If it doesn't come out there may be plastic clip releases that need to pressed to get it out, but probably not.

*now

ok, so there is no driver dl for your version on the linksys website

great..

This should be the driver you're looking for. I've got to head home from work, hopefully someone else can assist you with the driver installation.
sites.google.com/site/linksysupdateddrivers/rt61/driver/download

did you reseat it and see if it works

I posted the link to the driver, but definitely do this first before you do anything else.

I took it out while the computer was off, plugged it back in and turned it on. I don't see any difference, not exactly sure how to check.

do this again

Yeah, looks the same.

Do I download the driver to an external harddrive and move it to my PC? Put it where?

Have you tried magnets to realign the conductors and delete system32 or cleaned your hardware with a vacuumcleaner?

Nice trips

yeah dl and just put on your desktop, unzip and install

Installing now. Which one?

try the first one

finished installing and a new icon popped up on the bottom with a big X on it. "Ralink Wireless LAN card not exist" when I hover over it

i think ur card might be fugged

Im going to try restarting the computer. If all else fails maybe I'll buy a new adapter