What next?

Goodnight sweet prince...
The library of Alexandria once again burned

bump

Wait it out you embarrassing piece of shit
>The library of Alexandria once again burned
All the stuff that was available there hasn't been magically erased from the users' computers. A new site will come up and the same files will fill it.

Goddamn are you new to the Internet or what

sent
;^)

>What next?

You start taking music for granted instead of hoarding terabytes of perfect FLACs obtained in a single afternoon. Learn to appreciate what you have

Waffles is coming back soon so that's a good sign

g g good one...
Also, fucking no. The data is all spread across a network of like 100,000-200,000 users and it's not like all those people are gonna 'magically' come back together again. Not only this but all the torrent files will have to be given new tracker addresses which will be a fucking bitch to organise, and on top of that 12 servers worth of metadata was seized so like a bunch of new torrent files will have to be created from scratch

It's not the quality control aspect of What that I'm gonna miss, it's the loss of a massive archive of otherwise unfindable albums that really hurts man.

I've never used waffles before but I've heard positive stories about it, it's nothing on What.cd tho surely

This.
Now I'm actually enjoying exploring new stuff instead of downloading everything I see on sight and forget about it later. I even stopped pirating after WhatCD got raided.

Not all of us had that problem, my download on What was only about 10Gb desu but they were all albums that I couldn't find anywhere else

soulseek of course

what's soulseek like never really investigated before

www.google.com

>implying I'm not asking for user's opinion
>being this desperate to be noticed

>Napster is RIP
The library of Alexandria once again burned!
>Kazaa is RIP
>rapidshare is RIP
>megaupload is RIP
>whatcd is RIP
etc.

You're the embarrassing one you fucking dunce. As pointed out its highly unlikely that the user base will ever congeal again. A lot of the more rare material is likely lost forever. Not up mention the thousands of collages for just svout every subject imaginable from 1970's Ethiopian jazz to now defunct record labels and blogs, that shits not coming back either and its fucking depressing.

you make a point but what was on another fuckin level desu, and I don't see anything like it happening any time soon - not without another 9 years of work being put into it

you got me

fucking desu

RIP WHAT CD
literally the alexndria of the internet

I don't think it'll take 9 years to mimic the precedents set by what.cd nor will it take that long to repopulate a tracker with a million+ unique torrents

fuck i never used my 15 fl tokens

You don't know what you're talking about

That makes two of us then

1990's: people buy CDs & DVDs.
2000's: people have computers & store their file on their hard drives
2010's: people mostly use smartphones & cloud storage (= streaming & apps).
There is no point to download stuff anymore.

Whatcd, trackers & torrenting are passé.

soulseek is how I obtain all my choons.
great user base and can usually find what I want.

No it only makes you

all of these except what.cd are/were shit. you could have listed oink though

RIP OiNK while we're at it, 9 years late but I never said it at the time (i was 11 to be fair)

are waffles okay? can somebody invite me?

real talk though what are other sites that have good top 10s/good collages? not even for torrenting but just lists. do not say RYM because that place fucking sucks

>m-muh rare and unobtainable albums

people are saying this a lot but 2bh WCD frequently disappointed me in this regard, especially when it came to cassettes

RYM community is bad but their lists are excellent

*some lists are excellent.

yes, that goes without saying

I have 7MiB Download and 1/4 of MiB in upload.
guess what? my ratio was over 3 and I was a pu

I just had to take 1 (one) interview and I was done with, no problems with maintaining a ratio, no problems with "muh club".

If you couldn't get access to wcd is just because you are scum, and you deserved it. it's literally babby first test, and many guys on wcd were clearly retarded. so you are probably worse than them

if i remember correctly they only started allowing cassettes a couple years ago

rym lists are basically unrivaled the deeper you go into a genre

>an ephemeral service monopolised by one company that contains music they can license and only music they have licensed is great and anything not on it should never be heard
It's nice that you like to have your taste handed to you by a streaming service, but I don't. I also like having access to my music and not relying on the servers of a streaming service that will eventually die out itself and, provided everyone has the same approach to this as you do, take with it all access to music there is.

>but they were all albums that I couldn't find anywhere else
You weren't looking hard enough.

I wasn't promoting streaming services but showing the evolution of music storage.
New trends:
- nowadays, more people rip music from youtube (& pirate Spotify) than use torrents.
- In the 2020's/2030's streaming will be replaced by another system.

it's not like all those people are gonna 'magically' come back together again.
>its highly unlikely that the user base will ever congeal again

You're embarrassing and don't understand how the Internet and its users work. Hope you never get into the next hub for music-sharing people so we don't have to put up with your shit

>if you build it

Just because there's a trend doesn't mean that every human being needs to follow it, mate. What sort of logic is that?

Nowadays people own kindles, should I go burn all of my books?
Nowadays people are calling drawings of anthropomorphised foxes having sex and Grimes 'art', should all the galleries shut down and the history of actual art be erased?

What a nonsense argument.

I don't know how you conclude that because the casual audience are content with a simple convenience that all alternatives to that; that all availability of something, should shut down.

There will never be a service available that carries everything I currently listen to. My friends' albums that they release on bandcamp won't suddenly appear on spotify for the world to hear. You're advocating the death of music, since no new music will find its way onto any service without a major label backing and that backing won't occur for the majority of music out there and the majority of music made by the already retired/deceased.

>he's not on NoStream

I expose world-wide trends (bandcamp is also a streaming apps) – that I regret like you but it isn't the point of my post – , and you describe a withering habit followed by a minority.

>"Nowadays..."
strawman/10

geez

chill user

also why don't your friends puy their albums on spotify? my friends do

I used nowadays because you did, lad.
Also, your point is garbage and if it wasn't you'd be able to argue back.

I'm totally chill, don't know how you'd think otherwise. Do you only know people he speak in brief statements of something?

>why don't your friends puy their albums on spotify
I dunno, I don't use spotify and have no idea how stuff gets onto it tbqhwtfam

did you even use what.cd you fucking mongloid? There were torrents that had two or three downloads with maybe just one user seeding it that only came online once a week or some crazy shit like that. How likely do you think it is that anybody uploads that shit in flac again?

>he fell for the nostream meme
Enjoy your account info being stolen due to sarek's crippled understanding of opsec.

YouTube sounds like absolute garbage though and those people have shitty hearing

that doesn't change the fact that is more and more popular way of consume music (it's so "concerning" that Sony & other majors are starting to fight back against it).

>feral dies
>WhatCD too
Rutracker better make it through this.

this

I remember being desperate enough to rip music from youtube and it was so bad I just couldn't listen to it

I'm feeling this way too. I've got over 300 gigs that hasn't been touched just because of downloading full label rosters

Oink and what.cd are the only ones worthy of holding that title you fucking retard.

Waffles competed at first but the way way way smaller user base it was inevitable it'd fall behind. still god tier site though and i anxiously await its return that may be coming based on the new splash on waffles.ch that just popped up.

waffles community is the only forum i am really attached to (aside from you kikes of course)