French going to live for one year in the US

French going to live for one year in the US.
Any tips, advice on anything ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aCAcFAVzF-c
youtube.com/watch?v=B4Rf7Lx-33I
youtube.com/watch?v=GvmczzIN7RY
youtube.com/watch?v=cVGj96ARiYo
youtube.com/watch?v=uXfpyd7nn1A
youtube.com/watch?v=NTk2C0vVMLs
youtube.com/watch?v=jDaq6Fu1vGc
youtube.com/watch?v=StxEQfp3gYk
youtube.com/watch?v=au_0oNbTYSU
youtube.com/watch?v=rjJoeSZx3aY
youtube.com/watch?v=vv6eLRle-ug
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I've heard tipping isn't a thing in foreign countries. I don't know about France, but you basically have to here.

There's less violent crime per capita here if you stay away from nigger cities.

Get a telescopic baton, and learn martial arts.
Hand to hand combat training is good for when you can't get to your weapon, or you happen to not have your weapon.

youtube.com/watch?v=aCAcFAVzF-c
youtube.com/watch?v=B4Rf7Lx-33I

youtube.com/watch?v=GvmczzIN7RY

youtube.com/watch?v=cVGj96ARiYo

youtube.com/watch?v=uXfpyd7nn1A

youtube.com/watch?v=NTk2C0vVMLs

youtube.com/watch?v=jDaq6Fu1vGc

youtube.com/watch?v=StxEQfp3gYk

youtube.com/watch?v=au_0oNbTYSU

youtube.com/watch?v=rjJoeSZx3aY
youtube.com/watch?v=vv6eLRle-ug

Do you know where you will be living? Im in the DC area and we have a fuck ton of internationals here

>stay away from nigger cities
but he just said he's going to stay in the US

Why would I learn to fight. I'm not going to Niggertown. Thanks for sharing anyway user.

Tu vas dans quelle ville? Tu vas y faire quoi?

I'm going to live in Connecticut (CT ?). On campus.

I usually do it but it's true, we're not forced to do it if we don't want.

Je vais au Connecticut pour étudier à l'université.

I don't know much about the north east. It get fucking cold up there for one thing. Typically a blue state, meaning at least half the people are liberal. What do you want to know about the US in general?

You shouldn't learn how to fight, you should practice martial arts. Learning how to fight is a symptom of practicing martial arts.

Exercising is boring.

You should practice martial arts. By practicing martial arts, you get all of the benefits of exercising and then some.
When you practice martial arts, you are having fun, because you're doing something fun.
On top of that, you're developing a skill.

Weight lifters just lift things up, and put them down. That's boring, and you get that in free training if you ever decide you want to do manual labor.

>Connecticut
You'll be alright, only 10% black.

I don't truly know but here's some clues :
I'm king of scared to do some misbehaving because of cultural differences.
Also I don't know how we are seen in the US.
Campus are way bigger than ours in France, so to make friends and all...
Also, I heard you don't drink until you're 21yo. How do you socialize then ?

I remember they asked if I wanted to go to Washington in an University specialized in African American classes.
>mfw there is classes to learn how to be a nigger

Just the fact that you're concerned about respecting US culture means you'll be just fine.

I personally have no problems with the French, but the American stereotypical view of the french is that you folks don't like us and look down on us for eating... ketchup. If you're here for college, though, don't worry. No one is going to give you shit for it.

1. Tipping is required for meals with a server
2. Don't ever let anyone drive you around if they're drunk EVER
3. If you're coming here for college, you'll definitely get plenty of chances to drink. Whenever we had our foreign exchange parties everyone always got wasted...

Getting arrested here inst bad, It's not like this is some 3rd world country. The cops are ass hats but just pretend you don't speak English, and they will get tired of trying to deal with you.

We don't really like the French much, but after the recent attacks in your country more people are sympathetic. In general people in the US think the French are pussies who don't know how to fight.

It's easy as shit to meet people on college campuses. Your first week at school everyone just walks into each others rooms and starts conversations.

Everyone drinks before 21 just don't do it in public. I started drinking at 15. In college everyone drinks

If you're mildly attractive your french accent is going to pull you some mighty pussy while here, lolol.

Oh okay thanks !

Yeah to be honest, that's a beat what we do... Not juste because of Ketchup tho.

1. I've read that before
2. I don't do it in France either you can be sure of that
3. Oh good. I've been drinking since i'm 16. It felt weird to know that wouldn't be allowed to do it for one year x)

I heard you Americans have a lot of community spirits on campus, is that true ?

That's a legit dumbass question. Where are you going to live?
In the fucking boondocks, or the big city.
Faggot ... stay in france

I always thought that was a total false cliché we liked to tell as French people.

'School Spirit' and yup. It's like supporting your home town, kind of.

People will wear shirts, hats, and wave flags for their school. Especially during sporting events.

I'm not particularly a sports fan, but watching at least one football (handegg) game might be fun for you.

There is an 85 % chance you will be murdered on campus. If that doesn't happen Lord Trump will have your frog ass in one our express concentration camps

>acting edgy in those kind of threads
>summerfag trying to be aggressive to blend in
much to learn newfag. Lurk more.

Oh I see.Well i'm sure I will see one or two game. Not a sports fan either but I think it's part of the experience.

Please, refer to this :

Hmmm, don't tell anyone you are French? You might like Quebec or Ontario better...

They will notice by my accent obviously

My French friends were awesome, when they came over here. I blew their minds with this $2.50 Merlot, when I told them its price, haha.

Become a trap

Don't come here, it sucks. They're trying to make it great again, but the person they picked to do it is a massive piece of shit with a bad hairpiece.

Salut mec

Just come to America you'll be fine.

Regarder des films américain avec sous-titres anglais maintenant pour apprendre l'anglais.

Bon voyage !

In France we don't have mechanical stairs

I think he already speaks English just fine.

Don't believe a fucking thing you've heard about America

We actually do. You're living in La Creuse or what ?

Ah bon ? T'es jamais allé dans le métro à paris alors

Don't be such a liberal faggot when you get here, do something that'll make us forgive your nation for being such pussies. Stay away from niggers as crime always follows them and don't fuck Mexican chicks unless you wanna catch a disease

Not perfect but I think it's enough to last a year at school. I can only get better I guess.

$2.50 ? Wtf ?

You sound level-headed, you should be fine. But why study here if your population generally thinks were fat ignorant retards? Also, with freedom to travel/study anywhere in Europe why go to the US?

I want to travel to the US to see Miami because it always impressed me in 80s movies. Is it safe? Also how is Portland?

>level-headed
Don't know what it means sorry.

Not in Europe because I saw some countries and I can travel everywhere easy (except UK now i guess).
I chose USA because I wanted to see it at least one time. Also I had a bad year in France and grew tired of everything. Needed to leave to get some air.

Even tho we think the American population is retarded, we know that University is a good place to learn, even in the US.

dont tell anyone your french

Second person to say this.
So first : Why ? Still mad that we didn't believe your president lies about Iraq ? AS we don't forget who saved us from the Nazis, don't forget who granted you the independance.

Second : They will obviously detect my french accent.

Ignore the troll.

I'm going to move to Denver from Canada soon, how fucked am I?

Summerfag. Thinking "lel le Sup Forums xDDDD Insult people xDDDDDDD lel edgy xDDD"

Canadians seem to be nice people I guess.