I think i'm quitting vidya, anyone else feel like quitting?

I think i'm quitting vidya, anyone else feel like quitting?

>slay pixels for imaginary xp
>all the items you obtain will be useless within a year
>no one actually gives a fuck about how your character looks
>pixels

I've never thought about it in this way before and ever since i did i have just not enjoyed playing anything anymore.. Anyone got tips on what to do instead?

I havent felt like this until i got better things to do
>fuck gf
>work
>study
>workout

find a passion ? wtf is wrong with you are you 14 ?

I feel you but if you want to do something that lasts forever (since you seem to be worried about shit being useless in a year) is learn how to do something like making shit with your hands or photography, or even cook. Fuck it, I love videogames but at the same time I love reading and watching movies. If your life is only about 1 or two things you might get bored of it before too long.

I played guitar for like 7 years when i was in a band, do you think i should pick it up again?

ok some questions

op do you have a gf

number of friends

do you drink or smoke

and i mean real friends
not facebook friends

>op do you have a gf
Nope, but i got one chick who is signaling she wants it

>age

>number of friends
5-6 good friends

>do you drink or smoke
Yeah i drink, but i don't smoke

sure, go for it. If it makes you happy man

if you enjoy it and it's not causing you problems why stop?

I got bored of them and stopped playing in high school, find new hobbies, bub

I quit about seven years ago.
Don't regret it.

This guy gets it. I used to play videogames like crazy, but then I found other priorities. I normally get home from work, maybe play an hour or two, but then I either go out to the bars or do some art. Just do what you like.

Holy fuck, you're literally describing me user. I also stopped feeling like OP since I started working, I also started working out in my free time, got a GF (presumably because my looks got better), and then the semester started and I never touched vidya ever since because I, too, engaged in that loop

you could play vidya...just kidding, or you can make your own vidya

its the same as real life, ur just meat instead of pixels, whats the point in doing anything in real life if ur gona die anyway?

>you're gonna die, so don't live at all
>my logic is flawless

here's what i did

started hanging out with friends more just walking out having fun drinking talking or something

you can start going to the gym or learning a martial art just to pass the time and just to stay in shape

try getting a gf
you're gonna pass a lot of time you would have wasted on vidya by doing this

in general
you can do all the things i listed and still play vidya once in a while just to pass the time if you're bored

Thanks for the advice bro

>quitting vidya over one game
OP...

That was just examples, i got over 200 games on steam and none of them is fun anymore

one more thing

you probably wont be able to quit like in 1 go
that way you get depressed and shit cause of addiction try to minimize the time per day and
then per week

I vidya. I consider it a legitimate hobby as much as reading a book or watching a movie. It's unproductive, but also relaxing. You're emerging yourself into and enjoying something that someone put an untold amount amount of time into making good.

I do a ton of other shit too though. Vidya is only meant for night time when there's nothing else going on.

You're just not looking hard enough.
Also, seeing as you have over 200 games, I wouldn't recommend Steam.

I wouldn't compare gaming to any kind of art but sports instead. While Books and Movies actually teach you shit and expand your education, gaming is just about either enjoying casually or competition. Like sports.

So there's nothing wrong with gaming indeed, but if it is not fun to you anymore don't force yourself into it ; there are no direct benefits of doing it like being a in a better mental or physical shape. It's pure entertainment.

I don't know. I think I stand by comparing it to books and movies. Reading or watching fiction I think benefits you just as much as playing fiction. Now if you love watching documentaries and reading non-fiction, then definitely games don't compare.