Guys, help me. This is my favorite Nightmare on Elm Street sequel

Guys, help me. This is my favorite Nightmare on Elm Street sequel.

Not my favorite of the series but upon revisiting it from the box set I really changed my mind about it. It's fun as fuck! Rachel Talalay is completely based as a director. Check out Tank Girl too if you haven't already! Pisses me off she's stuck doing TV shows now.

You don't need help, it's a great send up of the franchise and perfect finale. It's also entertaining as all fuck, and has a kick ass title/credit theme.

Wish I could have seen it in 3D back in the day desu.

It's a thoroughly amusing film, nothing to be ashamed about. There are some great scenes, and the characters are likable.

Fans of Part II on the other hand should die in a fire

I'll help you by being your friend and offering to watch this with you because you have good taste

Where am I?

you're in /late-night tv/™, when the kiddies are asleep and the posters with actual taste are on the prowl

I like it.

It's better than new nightmare

nah

>Fans of Part II on the other hand should die in a fire
Honestly the only way to look at Part II is as Freddy boredom trolling like most of Freddys Nightmares tv show.

>Freddy gets bored between killing tidal waves of kids
>trolls the ever loving shit outta 1 person while experimenting with his powers
>in this case possession and physical manifestation

new nightmare was like a shitty lifetime movie that my mom would watch but with freddy in it. i dont get why people like it so much.

My problem with New Nightmare is that it looks ugly, it has a 'cheap look' that I can't stand.

well it's not the worst

i mean, it's got yaphet kotto. that's something

It's a masterpiece, one of the greatest horror movies ever made. I pity you

Halloween H20 and New Nightmare basically are Lifetime movies. That being said, Freddy's Dead is fucking garbage and honestly, the original Nightmare could have been a lot better. Nancy was supposed to have a sibling and everything would've made much more sense.

I like H20, meanwhile there's this mystery gap between Halloween 3 and it that blurs together into one really long movie.

Part II is the best sql.
TFH is arguably the second best one.

Part 2 has amazing potential, story-wise. The idea of Freddy wanting a physical form and a young man slowly becoming him and coming to that horrible realization is great. It could have been a fantastic psychological thriller with sprinkled slasher elements - a horror classic. The pool party massacre, specifically, comes to mind as something that could have been chilling and memorable instead of pic related. Imagine it as an ambiguous, surreal horror film, with the only confirmation of Freddy's existence being in the main character's perspective.

It's one of the few movies I would say actually needs a remake. I wouldn't call myself a fan of it but it has good ideas beneath the homoeroticism and schlock.

Honestly, you could ignore the original Halloween II or consider Halloween II to be the true end of Michael Myers. It was supposed to be like that either way. He was never supposed to have that God mode thing going.

Want to know what I've always found a bit strange? Jason has never had a great movie. Halloween is great, Texas Chainsaw is great and Evil Dead II is great. I can't say that about any of the Friday the 13th's. There's no definitive one.

>Nightmare on Elm Street
Ignore everything but 1 and 3

>Friday the 13th
Ignore everything but 1, 2, 3, 4, and maybe 6

>Halloween
Ignore everything but 1, 2, and H20

>Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Ignore everything but 1

>a Revenge-fag appears
fight me

>I can't say that about any of the Friday the 13th's. There's no definitive one.

It really varies depending on who you ask. For me, it's Part 2. It's always kind of been a garbage series, even by horror standards, but it's the one I grew up with, so I can't hate it.

The 2003 remake of TCM wasn't that bad. I can kind of understand the dislike for it, but it still has some cool things going on.

Jason Lives is the definitive Friday movie to me. The new remake isn't half bad either, and with any hope, the new one should be decent too.

Nightmare 3 is easily the best

Sean S. Cunningham just wasn't that great of a director?

Potential yes, none of which is realized. The one scene that works is when Freddy bursts out of his skin

I agree though, a well-done remake could be glorious. The likelihood of such a film is very low, unfortunately

I enjoy a quality shitpost as much as the next bloke, but you're going too far

Friday the 13th Part 7 is basically Jason vs. Carrie. How dare you leave that out

I enjoyed TCM '03, but upon repeat viewings, I realized that 90 percent of my enjoyment of it was R. Lee Ermey doing his schtick.

It's a personal taste, but I always found that one to be a bit too silly. I will say that it has the definitive Jason of the series though.

jason's kills were ironically butchered by the mpaa but it does have an interesting premise, a great final showdown and the best looking jason

>Halloween
>Ignore everything but 1, 2, and H20
4 was better than 2, and 3 was pretty ok though clearly not related to the others.

thats how real life looks compared to movies senpai

chainsaw 3 is pure unfiltered kino user

>ignore TCM2

Only if you have shit taste.

Part II has the best homosexual subtext of any movie ever.

My personal favourite is part 4.
>Dog piss resurrection
>"First ya know I feed the fish..."
>Debbie the cockroaches
>Soul pizza
>Montage with body double who looks nothing like Lisa Wilcox

>not 4
Pleb detected

I like you

I don't remember a single thing from Dream Child. The first one and Dream Warriors are my favorite.

bump

Different strokes. Did you see it before the other ones? Sometimes seeing shitty sequels first cements them as personal favorites only because it was what introduced you to the franchise in the first place.

It did have some aspects that made it watchable. Seeing Robert Englund without the make up, the young Freddy hammering hamsters, Alice Cooper as Freddy's dad, the intentional Twin Peaks vibe of the childless town, etc. I like all of them and have seen them all dozens of times but part 2 would be the last I'd want to watch again.

What the fuck was up with Freddy only getting one kill in Freddy vs jason?

Part II is the best Nightmare, I can't help it, it's so bizzare and surreal.

1st half of it is actually top tier. It was favourite Nightmare film until it strayed away from the weird town stuff and into freddys past. Honestly, I don't really like any of them.

I saw all of them in order of release.