Future US Navy prospector here.

Post general US Mil. Bullshit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WD9F2oiKho0
youtu.be/NtUsPISG3io
youtu.be/IhQaarIvrF4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtu.be/WD9F2oiKho0

Lol "future us navy prospector" and here you are on Sup Forums. You aren't fooling anyone faggot. Fuck outta here

Aspiring Air Force or Navy officer here. Gotta lose a lot of weight, but assuming I don't get DQ'd at MEPS for having gone to therapy I think I have a pretty good shot.

Hahaha no kidding most of these faggots are 13 year olds who are in the army cadets etc and play air soft

dont tell them about the therapy unless you went to a millitary hospital, if you never tell them they have no way to find out, dont lisen we will pull your record BS they can't do that, i fell for that shit and got booted out of Marine basic 48 training days in.

try harder next time m8. Not everyone on Sup Forums is under 17 and overweight.

Is the army as shitty as I hear it is? I've been thinking about joining.

Hmm. Well I have never been inpatient, just therapy once or twice a month over a year period. It was for grief counseling which is apparently waiverable, but the first psychiatrist misdiagnosed me as bipolar (this has been confirmed as a misdiagnoses by several doctors/therapists who actually gave me a proper screening instead of a 10 minute chat) so I think I might be fine. I don't want to lie about something like that.

Depends what job you pick, I've talked to Army recruiters and they'll be straight up with you.

Current drill sergeant at Ft. Jackson

The army is for a specific type of person, from what I understand (I'm not active duty, just in the application process). Living conditions aren't very good, there's a lot of 'MERICA! shit and stupid kids who aren't tough or disciplined enough for the marines, and you can get shafted really easily on job selection. But some people really thrive there. Talk to recruiters from all the branches.

So is that your job the whole way out, Or do you still work your MOS? Never understood that when it came to DS's and recruiters

Current NavyFag of about 6 years. Getting out in about 2 months. I'd suggest you do not join unless you are about to live on the streets.

What's the best branch for medical related military jobs?

What was your r8 m8 and why isn't it gonna work out for you in the civ world?

I'm infantry 11B I have to do two years as a drill sergeant but when I'm done I will go back to a regular infantry line platoon

Probably Air Force. They want medical personnel and they treat you the best out of all the branches. You won't get paid as much as private sector work, but the benefits will be numerous.

I'm a Nuclear Engineering Laboratory Technician, or just ELT. I never said it wasn't going to work out for me in the civilian word. I can get bomb ass jobs if I want with no degree. I'm just saying the Navy sucks.

Go Air Force or Navy, Army docs get sent everywhere and see and do more shit than corpsman or hospital airmen do. Marines doesn't have a medical field so keep that in mind just in case a marine recruiter tries to bullshit you

What don't you like about it? I'm thinking about joining as a surface warfare officer.

Navy ain't that bad. Just picked up E-4, moving out the shit hole barracks asap. If you're joining the Navy, go fucking aviation. You'll understand once you're in. Boat life sucks dick. Aviation makes all the shoes jealous.

Depends. You'll have to work with a bunch of retards most of the time. Unless you're a nuke SWO. Then you'll have to work with retards for two years, then get your shit pushed in for a couple more on an aircraft carrier. If I were to go officer, I'd go Pilot or SEAL. Or Warrant in the Army.

Thanks. Already had Air Force in mind. Pararescue looks interesting but doubt I'll make it to or through that shit.

OP here, looking to do MA, I already went to meps but keep getting slammed for more asthma docs. Any reason I should/shouldn't pick this rate?

Navy isn't bad if you're a topside faggot who doesn't do any fucking work in fucking 6 or 8 section duty.

proof for lols

u sound like a shoe, jelly m8?

Yeah, my friend who is a SWO said about the same. Like asking yourself "How did these people even get in?" regularly. He said overall he loves it though, and as a SWO he gets to do new jobs all the time. Not stuck doing one thing year after year.

Is it really a good opportunity to travel? I want to see the world, but it seems like actually getting time to do that at port isn't always available.

Way to support nothing dumb shits.

I am .

I'm serious, and I agree with . Go fucking pilot if you're an officer.

MA isn't that bad. If you get a choice of C school choose fucking dog handler. those guys have it made. Otherwise all you do on Shore duty is stand watch at the gate, or patrol base. If you're on sea duty you get sent to a boat to stand watch and conduct drills.. all.. day.. long..

Lemme just preface this post with a little humble-ness. I'm only and E-4 with 1 deployment under my belt, but I know how shitty living on the boat is, and I'd like to point you in the right direction, from what the shoes have told me, and the other airfags in my squadron have told me. Not to mention my own experience.

Can't too old. I recently turned 29 and while I don't wear glasses my vision and hearing aren't perfect. I'd love to be an Air Battle Manager or CSO in the Air Force but I'm an oldfag.

Is it still ideal to join the military to get your education paid for?

I have a few friends in my command who joined (enlisted) at 30 with the AT rate. It's not too bad, you're pretty much above the rest of the air rates, and your job opportunities outside are pretty legit. I know a retired AT1 who makes 150k+/yr working on my base for Sikorsky.

4 years and you get a full ride through college, and get paid while you do it.

Not currently, I'm getting out. But I'm a little jelly because for 2.5 years I was in A school/ Power school/ Prototype/ ELT quals 12 hour days, then 3.5 years of ship life in 3 or 4 section duty.

Just got out of there a few weeks ago, I was 3-34th

Hey man, we might be a different breed of faggyblue, but in the end I respect that shit. I went to school for 1yr+, and while I'm not deployed I have it made. You guys on the boats have it fucking rough year round.

>I don't want to lie about something like that.

...then you literally don't want to serve in the military. That is what you are saying, whether you believe it or not.

t. prior Navy

If you don't want to die and go college, Go air force, air guard, NG, or any branch reserve, you'll get ripped on by other branches for taking the easy way out but if studying is a concern for you, then fuck what they have to say

Travel is okay. I've been all over the States, NY, SC, HI, CA, WA. And South Korea, and am currently in Japan.

Yeah, unless it's something they can catch like STDs, deafness, blindness or drugs during the medical examinations, then just fucking lie about it. Asthma is a no go though because too many regards don't realize how severe it is/was and suffocate in the gas chambers

bumping with chicks cause u fags r slow

fucking nerds

Make sure you're like every other E-6+ that's fresh off the trail and still thinks they're a drill sergeant, all of the joes love it.

Like... You're digging for gold?

know any D sgt's at lenwood?

Some drop DS packets and choose to go drill, others are selected by the Department of the Army

Thanks for the answer btw.

What do you mean full ride? You telling me that for 4 years of service, they will send my ass to medical school(granted I get accepted of course)?

Nice dubs, faggot.
>>I am
And yes, the MGIB or post-9/11 bill will put you through college once you complete your 4 years service with honorable discharge. (most contracts given to new recruits entail 4 years active, 4 years reserve. Reserve is literally just once a month weekend duty, that you get PAID for.)

fuck this man. i just want to be a neet. 5.5 more years of nuke life.

Also, still am While you're in the military, you can get Tuition assistance to go to college, or at least start it while you're in, up to a certain amount of credit hours / semester. Then you can complete it with one of your bills like I said before.

Any difference in this situation if you are enlisted or an officer?

Paratrooper here..... go fuck yourself boat faggot

You need to have a bachelors degree to enter as an officer.

>am

How is it? Pros & Cons?

lol literally every single military wannabe in history has said they're paratroopers. post proof or you're just another poser, fucking queer

Yeah... finishing up my B.S soon... this was more so for the medical school part.

Is there any jack of all trade type of job in the army?

So what about Integrity and all that? The two issues on my medical records (other than weight) I have that may be disqualifying but wouldn't actually affect my performance is the mental stuff (bipolar/generalized anxiety - both confirmed to have been symptoms of physical problems like low vitamin D, poor diet, no sleep, etc... and not the actual mental disorders) and mild obstructive sleep apnea. I have a CPAP but it barely helps and all my doctors agree that it will go away when I am at a healthy weight.

Other than that no asthma, diseases, thyroid conditions, neurological issues, etc... Just fat.

I'm not sure about medical school, it's situational in a lot of cases. I might be in, but I definitely don't know everything about everything. If you're interested, you can actually just google the Montgomery G.I. bill, or the post 9/11 bill, and read the instruction yourself. I'm sure there's plenty of guides or posts online about it as well.

Cool beret, kinda fun jumping, get to tell everyone your with the 82nd

High OPT Tempo, lots of work. no chill.... jumps can get annoying.

Any pros/cons to navy officer? Looking to join AF as an officer, but considering navy as a backup.

PTSD sucks donkey balls
I have insomnia
When I sleep I have night terrors
If I don't wear a mouth guard at night I will wake up with a mouth full of blood and a painful jaw, from grinding my teeth
That's just the tip of the iceberg

Good luck if you go to combat OP.
I'd give my left nut to go back to war, because my mind never left

>I'm

but in addition to what I just said, I'm actually applying through my command right now for TA to go to flight school. They pay for the school, but not for the flight hours needed to receive your license. Like I said, situational.

Airborne is an easy 3 week course would be surprised if there was a lot on here

I'll keep preaching it, in case one of you potential midshipmen faggots take my advice. If you're joining the navy, DO NOT GO SWO. You will HATE IT. Officer or not. Go fucking aviation. Literally every single pilot officer I know is the most laid-back person. They have it so fucking easy, it makes them chill the fuck out. AND YOU GET FLIGHT PAY.

What does that even mean? Future Navy prospector? What's your rate faggot?
Also Navy but you post a picture of soldiers? How do you not have a freedom boner for that right young sailor outfit we get.

My best friend is SWO and he has been in for 8 years and is happy with how he's been treated and his job. I get that it's tough, but it seems to be one of the more interesting and rewarding communities.

I won't be there to decide for you when it comes down to it. Do what you want. I've been in long enough, met enough people, sat down with enough officers to know what's better.

If you choose to go SWO, I'll salute you one day while I go off to my liberty, while you're stuck 12-on-12-off for a 5 day duty weekend, as my happy non-watch-standing-faggot-ass goes and gets hammered with my pilots and aircrew.

Lol thinking you're actually going to get medical in the AF when most people who join try to get medical. My buddy's wife was top recruiter in Brevard County and would tell people who said all they wanted to do was medical to get lost cause they would sit in DEP for too long, taking up valuable space and time

DEP literally requires nothing of the military. The recruiter that runs the DEP meetings cancels 9/10 times, and so long as the recruit doesnt fuck off and ruin it for themselves, the recruiter literally has to do nothing.

I'm interested in Intelligence, Public Affairs, or maybe Security Forces (as officer). Guarding a missile in North Dakota or being a traffic cop sounds lame, but stuff like Phoenix Ravens and DAGRE sounds cool. As does SERE.

Thanks for the advice. How competitive is it? I'd love to be a pilot but think my eyesight may not be good enough. I hear it's very competitive in the AF to become a pilot, which I would expect.

There are constant recerts, check ins and random paperwork. If you're just sitting in the dep pool refusing to take any other job not only are you wasting their attention and and time you're showing early traits of conscientious objector

The AF is way more difficult to get pilot. The navy has more aircraft / pilots than the AF anyways, and there's always rotations. Many of the pilots in my squadron wear glasses. To be a pilot you need correctable 20/20, or lasic, however you spell that, too lazy to google.

If you didn't make fighter pilot, helo squadrons are huge, and getting huger. Helo pilots are just as well paid, laid back, and needed as fighter pilots.

Very good info. I haven't looked into the navy enough to know much about the aviation path, but that sounds very appealing. I really appreciate it. I know I could get lasik so it'd be worth a shot. I assume you test for it kind of like the AF?

youtu.be/NtUsPISG3io

Navy 1310 here

There is a test for it. I've spoken to a few of the pilots in my squadron about it, since I'm putting in officer packages, and they said it's mostly physics and fundamentals of flight shit. I can't remember the name of the test right now, but I do remember them telling me they have numerous books online to study for it with.

So long as you understand lift, weight, drag, thrust, you can understand how to pilot an aircraft.

youtu.be/IhQaarIvrF4

It's a cut-throat rate, fuck up and your C.O.C will throw you under the bus. If you do go MA, go Harbor Patrol if you can. At least that way you get training you can actually apply to a real life job.

What do you pilot user? F/A-18E pilot here

Well I wasn't very good at physics in high school, but I could study and give it a shot at least

>i'm
I don't pilot shit yet, fellow anonfagsir, just putting in packages. looking to go helo. Romeos or Sierras preferably.

Neither was I, but here I am with a few years maintaining aircraft under my belt, and I feel like I could take that test and pass.

Helo's.

Medical retired at 24 here.

I get 80% from the VA and social security disability for the rest of my life.

I was us air force 3pox1. I was unlucky and had a lot of experience in 6 years.

Killed 2 people, was close to death twice,lost friends some to suicide, some to freak accidents, 1 to Hajis.

I always chalked it up to just being military and what war is.

Still didn't stop the nightmares. The panic attacks when I hear kids cry. The flashbacks to the times we were laughing one day amd I was picking up Thier brains the next.

If you sign up rememeber you are saying I'm willing to give my life for eternity.

I've never recovered and never will. I've been in the best counciligng the military had to offer. Even did an outpatient for 11 weeks strictly to combat the effects of ptsd.

Didn't help much. They said I reacted below average to treatment,

I have a wife and son and my whole focus in life is to be the best example a of a well balanced man to my kid.

That's metal bro

Nice. I may have to give that a shot. So I'm interested in aviation. It wasn't me talking about SWO, but why is it so bad? Like I said, don't know much about the navy at this point.

Jet beams can't melt steel fuel.

Please, if you're considering it at all, at least try it. I wish I had.

SWO is just a world-full of fuckery. Us aviation guys only have to deal with the boat fucks during work-ups or deployments. Boat-fucks have to deal with the boat-fucks 24/7/365. You are at the absolute whim of your CO, at all times. You'll get loaded with a fuck tonne of collateral duties. Get put into a job you fucking hate. Get minimal respect, if not DISrespect, as a junior officer. And get treated like trash all the way up to Lieutenant. After that you might know your shit, but at the end of the day you're still a boat-fuck. You have to go with the ship whenever it leaves, which is all the time, for days, weeks, months at a time. You are in charge of the absolute shit-for-brains that is enlisted surface sailors, that will not only look bad, but will make YOU look bad.

And, possibly, worst of all, when the airdet comes on board your ship, they will trample over everything, including you, and you will understand why SWO is shit, and will wish you went aviation from the get go.

I'm no officer, but pretty sure switching from SWO to pilot doesn't exist.

>Future US Navy prospector here.
aka future sissy fuck boi

Fuck that fucking NKO

It's 4 years of inactive reserves after active duty mate, you don't have to do anything

They serve interests of corporate America

I see. Well that's all good to know and appreciate the info! I'll give aviation a shot. Just would like to get an idea about jobs and not be screwed over by a recruiter.

trips for life bruh

Best of luck to you, future-sir-faggot. Hope you succeed.