youtube.com/watch?v=kBsycvSU6r8
youtube.com/watch?v=TJFO-m5DShk
youtube.com/watch?v=5TAko3RH0bk
youtube.com/watch?v=OSW2zeM3yLU
vocaroo.com/i/s0dDLXjuTYqU
vimeo.com/23157266
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

His hair started running away from his head

has he released any good songs aside from Starboy in the past year?

Nothing, he's still pretty hot

so am i btw (also black)

Also how has the new album not leaked yet

nothing. album will be 10/10

Secrets sounds so lit

>What went wrong?
I Blame Drake

well the lana collab will suck but i have hope for everything else

I like I Feeling it Coming.

youtube.com/watch?v=kBsycvSU6r8

watch this if you haven't. starboy is going to be fucking god tier

It's frustrating because he has so much potential. He has a great voice and can totally own unorthodox productions/beats (especially evident on Thursday) but he seems happy to put all that aside and make generic R&B sex music because it's more profitable. Starboy was an excellent song but I'm not holding my breath for the rest of the album, the snippets sounded very lifeless.

He wanted to sell out- look it up.

i don't think the new album is gonna be typical r&b sex music at all. seems much more forward-thinking than that

yeah i cant stop replaying the song at 2:50

at :45 when sidewalks beat hits i involuntarily bob my head. i literally can't help it

>tfw I found out The Weeknd via a parody song
youtube.com/watch?v=TJFO-m5DShk

God The Weeknd is the best pop act in a fucking long ass time, I have been listening to The Hills on repeat for fucking days now. Most pop act is just fun little fluff with no substance. But this guy has such tangible talent. I don't know can any one in this thread who listens to more pop then me tell me if I am crazy or not?

>pop act

nigga listen to Trilogy ASAP and get ya fuckin life changed

Rec a song bro!
I have always liked pop but I am more into 80s/90s stuff. Kind of drifted out of current pop.

>artist spend their entire lives working hard on their craft
>literally tens of thousands of hours putting in hard work in order to be great at what they do
>fans get upset when they try to get compensated for the work that they have put in

youtube.com/watch?v=5TAko3RH0bk

very hard.

check out wicked games or loft music first

then check out in no order

house of balloons/glass table girls
montreal
the birds pt 1

just listen to all of trilogy. literally the greatest album ever created.

Agree. Who would've thought he would make such a great team with Daft Punk?

he always sucked, dummy. i feel genuinely sad for you if you ever listened an entire album of his

Oh its an Album I thought you meant it was another Artist, for sure though man I might even do it today. Just been super busy a lot lately.

Speaking of albums im hyped for the new one, Starboy is another one I have been putting on repeat. Is Daft Punk scoring the whole album or just that song?

i would've..

youtube.com/watch?v=OSW2zeM3yLU

daft punk is on at least two songs

produced mostly by Doc McKinney, guy who produced most of House of Balloons

got a track on the album produced by Mohammed from ATCQ

>I've never listened to Trilogy

Am I pleb if I don't know these people? I rarely pay attention to producers.

if you don't know a tribe called fucking quest then get off this board

Is that a facehugger on his head?

Oh I know ATCQ I dont really listen to them a whole lot. I am more into 90s gangster rap.

weeknd is an industry plant you stupid faggot

he threw his producer in the trash with no regrets and started making pop shit. but kudos to him if he's tryin to make more cash cause its working.

literally nothing.

Secrets is honestly going to be SOTY.

its so good

For real though,

that whirling guitar on the hook (or just the hook in general) is some of the best stuff i've heard on a pop song in recent memory.

that fat synthy beat is just too groovy man, hook is legit too

He cut his hair, ugly asf now, but hey this album might be like trilogy...

I'm not upset, OP asked why he went down the drain and I said that's what he wanted to do
>typical mu poster, ready to spit hot opinions and shut down another poster, even when they're assumptions

here’s a part of stargirl interlude ft. Lana Del Rey.

vocaroo.com/i/s0dDLXjuTYqU

i can't stand this guy

>Trilogy
>Literally 3 CDs
Well fuck me I gotta clear a fucking whole day for this. Is there somewhere I can listen to the whole thing in one sitting?

Listen to each separately if you want, order doesn't really matter (though you might want to go chronologically if you want to see him "build up" a sound).
House of Balloons is devious and sexual
Thursday (my fav) is conceptual and dreamy
Echoes is streamlined and concise
They're all excellent though

I was just going to go through it a CD at a time in order. And I don't mind Weeknds more sexually explicit songs as long as he doesnt go over board. I cant handle often, its super edgy and tryhard. But I have the Hills stuck in my head all the time.

just listen to house of balloons and you'll be fine. the other two are just okay

The Hills and his feature on Travi$ Scott's Pray 4 Love is about all I like from him.

trilogy is way to damn long. I always get bored of it halfway through.

I don't see Abel as lifeless, he's rocking. His international hits were jump leads to the grid

Probably going to be pop AOTY for me, maybe just below Farewell, Starlight! tho

They're free separately on Datpiff

you're not supposed to listen to it straight through my man, it's 3 albums.

House Of Balloons is the only album worth mentioning

Oh shit he unsold out? I thought he ditched doc and illangelo on bbtm

Same, couldn't care about the rest aside from the Daft Punk collab

shieeeet niggga thanks :)

What the hell went right in the first place that would make you think something went wrong?

it's the best use of sampling i've heard in a while, the melody is really exceptional

in case anyone wants to know the sample is pale shelter by tears for fears

ITT fucking normies

imagine actually liking this hack

he's not a bad vocalist but if you think this generic crap is anything but passable you're a fucking pleb and you need to admit it to yourself

Don't you have some Taylor Swift or Kpop to get to?

>i don't like fun

could you stroke your neckbeard somewhere else friend

>tfw have to wait till the 28th for his album to drop

WHY!?
I've had the M A N I A video on repeat since it came out

He supported BLM. Also, his gimmick quickly got old after his first three mixtapes. There's only so many sappy songs you can sing about sex/drugs before it gets boring.

Abel is the goat if you can relate to trilogy like some us that actually go outside

i cant believe im starting to enjoy this faggots music

>being able to relate to raping women

So are The Trilogy mixtapes actually good or are they overrated pleb-tier? Never listened to much of him except when he's on the radio, then I hate him

only house of balloons is good

Brehs SECRETS is so damn good. need full length NOW

babys first rnb singer

hes not even rnb though ya bitch

He realised he could make a lot of money by making Michael Jackson esque pop music so he did that instead and now he's making a shit ton of money.

Pretty sure he said on one of the tracks from the Trilogy that he was gonna sell out for the money.

He's in it for the money, he wants to be rich. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing is up to you, but nothing went "wrong", he just did what he knew was gonna make him the most money.

what is he then?

pop

just because he can hit some of the notes that MJ could doesn't make him pop automatically

>shitty hip hop beats
check
>sad singing
check
>lyrics about sex and drugs
check
>autotune
check
>repetitive as fuck beats with no clear distinction between parts
check

sorry kiddo its rnb

Weeknd and PartyNextDoor were the ones who popularised the trap influence in R&B production as well as the drug lyrics and autotune.

>flavor of the month rnb singer popularized anything in the genre that's been stale and homogenous as fuck since drake's first record

How fucking delusional are you? There is nothing bad about enjoying shitty music, no need to justify yourself.

lol ok

>listening to trilogy editions
they are the pleb editions, and have a bunch of shit like samples removed. listen to the OG mixtape versions. listen in order (house of balloons, thursday, echoes of silence)

>People think Starboy's good

Listen to the mix tapes instead of Trilogy.
They remastered and took all the samples off of Trilogy.
What You Need for example is way better with the Aaliyah sample
vimeo.com/23157266

That style wasn't used until Drake's second record.

The one The Weeknd wrote.

>Fountainhead

R&B is not profitable anymore. You must be confusing depressive trap music for "R&B"

Also OP, he's always been terrible. He's an awful live performance and he's awkward and fat. He was never meant to be a real star. He doesn't even have crossover or mainstream appeal lol. I'm hoping his light will be diminished -- I can already see that for Drake

Bruno is more talented than the Weeknd is. Bruno shits on Weeknd on FIVE points: looks, style, image, voice, live performance, creativity
Also he can play several instruments and produces his own songs unlike the Poopend who only appeals to depressive emo edgy teenagers. Fuck the Poopend

>dirty nigger
>hot

>tfw you build a career on having stupid hair.