You know what? Fuck this "avenge Iceland" shit. Avenge fucking Italy

You know what? Fuck this "avenge Iceland" shit. Avenge fucking Italy.

Iceland are already able to go home proudly. They already did a good job and made their country happy.

I promise you I'm not some "muh heritage" American. And even if I was, I shouldn't care because I'm not Italian anyway. And yet, Italy's loss last week was one of the most heartbroken feelings I've ever experienced in sports, and I've seen my teams lose Super Bowls and cup finals. I literally had a dream last night that I was re-watching the penalty shootout again, and even though I remembered the result from real life, I was still hoping it would be different in my dream so I could at least pretend Buffon and his band of brothers got the victory they fought so heroically for. I wanted to pretend I never saw Buffon's or Barzagli's tears.

They were one of the most spirited and unified teams in the tournament. Each goal, all the subs ran out to hug the scorer like a kid seeing his dad after a long business trip. They came in with very little expectations with people calling them the worst Italian team in decades. Yet they beat Belgium. They won their group. They beat Spain. And all that's going to be remembered of them is that they were the team that let the curse break, despite playing their hearts out against the World fucking Champions. And for what? So Germany, who just won a cup two years ago, could win another? So Germany, who is already the best team in the world, could establish this fact slightly more convincingly? So Germany, whose media disrespects and insults all their opponents, can continue to brag and act smugly?

France: Avenge fucking Italy.

>italy play for penalties
>get penalties
>lose on penalties
>AVENGE MEEEEE

dumb ameriflab

>And for what? So Germany, who just won a cup two years ago, could win another? So Germany, who is already the best team in the world, could establish this fact slightly more convincingly? So Germany, whose media disrespects and insults all their opponents, can continue to brag and act smugly?

The curse, bro.

>Iceland plays like fucking dogshit
>Get beat
>AVENGE MEEEEE

That's what the rest of Sup Forums is saying. And don't give me that "muh underdog" shit; Iceland played like trash even by underdog standards.

Bruh, I had a dream that Denmark beat Germany 2-0 in the 2018 World Cup final last night.

>Well-written posts like this get 4 replies
>"Leave X to me" threads virtually always get at least 100

Fuck this board.

Good post. I agree.

First day on the internet?

>So Germany, who just won a cup two years ago, could win another? So Germany, who is already the best team in the world, could establish this fact slightly more convincingly? So Germany, whose media disrespects and insults all their opponents, can continue to brag and act smugly?
Yea

Sup Forums is not the entire internet, dumbass. I came here from r/soccer.

We will.

I don't want to be avenged by the frogs desu
The best thing would be seeing Germany stomp everyone 4-0 so we can claim the moral second place

>r/soccer

Oh, I see you're a cultured internet user.

>he will never know the thrill of receiving an upvote for a witty comment

pleb

why would italy need avenging, they were their own undoing and could have easily won the penalties if they weren't such memers.

>implying we want to avenge fucking italy

2006 never forgetti

>upboat

Cultured yet insecure like a fragile 12 year old girl.

they just can't separate you two, huh?

But if France dismantles Germany, surely it proves that this Italy side wasn't very good in the first place.

Surely, if you care about the wounded pride of the Italians, you would prefer the team that beat them to be crowned champions because at least then the Italians would have been thwarted - on penalties no less - by the only worthy side in the tournament.

If the Germans lose to the French, all it proves is that Italy didn't even go out to the best team in the tournament: they will have gone out to a perfectly beatable team of also-rans.

England lost to Wales, yet Wales beat the Russians, who the English only drew.

That kind of permutation just doesn't work in tournaments, m8.

Oops, fuck, I mean, Wales lost to England. Hopefully this post goes through before people start memeing me.

Just in time m8

Germany losing a bunch of their star players wouldn't make the matchup really favorable for Italy if they do get raped though.

i mean, what is France without Griezmann?

>i mean, what is France without Griezmann?
black