I hope all of you who sided with Cap and Bucky actually do lose your parents in a grisly murder

I hope all of you who sided with Cap and Bucky actually do lose your parents in a grisly murder.

I can't wait to see the look on your faces when the killer gets off with an insanity/brainwashed defense and trollfaces you in court.

based Tonyposter

The hand that pulled the trigger that killed your sons now masturbates to the memory.

I fucking hated that scene.
At what fucking point were Tony and Steve EVER friends? Sure they worked together but at best they were just professional teammates and most of the time had nothing but contempt for the other.

risking lives together can form a strong bond, if vietnam movies are to be believed

I hope your family is killed by some parasitic Weapon's merchant that benefits off of innocents being killed by corrupt armies.

its called banter and being friendly rivals you autistic friendless fuck

How many deaths has Tony been responsible for? Surely tens of thousands.

Tony did nothing wrong

>capitalism is bad
>our troops are bad
>muh 99%

You need to go back.

This

In fact, ever since the first Avengers, they've hated each other

Tony didn't kill anyone, it was the people who used his weapons. If they didn't buy it from him, it would have been from someone else.

And enslave myself to be a lapdog for the UN?

Fuck off. They failed to prevent genocide and look to people like Anita Sarkeesian for guidance.

Are you literally retarded?
Just listen to the dialogue between them in Avengers. They are outright hostile

>implying the relationship didn't evolve

Yeah you're retarded.

His tech was far more advance than any other rivals and nothing rivaled that damage that his weapons would do. Tony was at one point a warmonger who didn't give a fuck until he realized what he was doing was wrong and he changed his ways.

Yeah, but they just met there and 4 years has passed since.

This.

Based Cap knew what was up.

>taking sides with fictional characters in a move and getting emotional about it

are all capeshitters is autistic?

why strawman and project? the moment you do, you lose any argument you were trying to have

Tony is a flaming bag of dicks. He is basically a reformist teetotaler.

People hate those people so badly that they allowed men to go back to getting drunk and beating their women.

You have to really hate someone to willingly think that is better than prohibition.

>no u
How the fuck did it evolve at all?
You seriously think the whole "language" running "joke" is reason enough to believe theyre suddenly friends?
Its almost like youve never had an interaction with another person

I doubt anyone side with Cap and Bucky.

Seriously believing Cap was right to never tell Tony the truth.. u are insane to defend this

>strawmanning is only okay when i do it

lol

>mfw he mumbles this into the mic like a beta faggot
desu they should have executed him after that. what an edgy kiddo

Captain America was being naive as fuck

now you're writing nonsense

>the UN has power

Kids these days

How?
Do you honestly believe politicians dont have agendas that they would try to use the Avengers to enforce? Thats not even cynical thats a fucking fact.

How was he naive? he was right.

They allowed Hydra to assrape their entire defense strategy and his last 11th hour saved the entire planet from their asshatery.

no u

>hire people to guard your nukes
>fail to background check
>asshats now have your nukes
>but guberment is gud
>no rly

Another reason why none of us who had super powers would join them.

They're as useless as tits on a bull.

You would think Tony would understand that, especially since he would have been killed if not for Cap seeing through all the hydra bullshit.
I mean if he couldnt even stop 3 helicopters he KNEW were coming, how would be able to survive a helicarier attack?

Everyone has agendas.

It's more naïve to think people with superhuman powers wouldn't have agendas when we've specifically seen them have exactly that.

It's funny you think the Avengers shouldn't be responsible to the same country whose soil they live on.

>muh hydra

Fug off government reeeeee

THey are professionally friends not personally friends.. You ever heard why some TV Duo seems to work long time in real life than most celebs that are really close in real life?

Thats how it is, well it sucks that you people cant identify between the two so yeah.

?

They were useful as someone to pick up the tab whenever the Avengers killed civies.

It's actually funny that Steve wouldn't agree to let them do that. They were a blank check for all future Avengers activities.

Oh I think tony has weapons lying around that could take them out but not before many millions of people died. Way more than nukes since they can move around but the fact there was no background defense to stop these things is insane.

We send entire fleets as backup for our carriers.

When exactly did the Avengers go out of their way to do anything?
They only act when literally the entire goddamn world is threatened so if you think having a political agenda is equivalent to superhumans acting in order to save the entire planet then there is no point arguing with you further since you are clearly an idiot.
The only time any of them display any actual agenda is when they act separately and their actions have no consequence on a global scale, unlike what would happen if they were to give authority over their actions to the UN.

tony - freedom hating communist faggot
cap - a real american

>more than half the threats were either of their own creation/caused by them

>when did they ever do anything wah??

Even the whole conflict in civil war was Steve's fault. If he stayed out of it, Zemo would've still killed those other supermans but without Tony and Steve having to fight each other.

Also, I like your logic.

>absolute power never corrupts absolutely, Avengers always would've stayed pure

Bullshit. You sound like those people who say civies shouldn't own guns because the government would never oppress us.

who /teamhulk/ here??

>wanting people to have absolute power with no checks and balances means you love freedom

You have to be at least 18 to post.

The best part of the brutal fight between Steve and Tony was how it was ended by Steve piercing Tony's heart with the thing made by Tony's dad.

Bit more poignant than "Martha!"

But but but BvS was too deep for you!

>The best part of the brutal fight between Steve and Tony was how it was ended by Steve piercing Tony's heart with the thing made by Tony's dad.
Made by Tony's dad and symbolizes Steve. Steve, the person to which Tony was always compared to by his dad and constantly came up short.

Signing the shit or continue fighting baddies on your own and being an outlaw? Both options are shit, Id just fucking retire and use my superpowers in showbiz.

>that part where Tony thought Cap was literally going to behead him with his shield

civil war is the best mcu movie

>you sound like those people who say civies shouldnt own guns because the government would never oppress us
So you're saying that because i oppose goverment unjustly declaring it should control the avengers that this somehow means i support governmental control over firearms?
This just proves that even capeshit politics is too much for you.
>Steves Fault
If he never went after Bucky it still wouldnt affect his stance on the sokovia accords, which as you might recall was the reason he started butting heads with Iron Man in the first place. Bucky may have been what pushed Iron Man to fight them but the team was already divided and several were already in prison.
>more than half the threats
you mean one.
>Loki
Not avengers fault, wanted to rule long before Thor joined them.
>Zemo
Blames the avengers even though Ultron was the one who lifted the city in the air but...
>Ultron
Fair enough, Tony is a fucking moron
>Hydra
Existed long before the Avengers
>Iron Monger
Was a villain before Iron Man was a thing
>Whiplash
His motivation to hate Iron Man made no fucking sense
>Mandarin
A psychopath who would have been a villain regardless of whether or not Tony met him on the rooftop
>Malekith
Again, existed way before the Avengers
>Yellowjacket
Was clearly a criminal psychopath and his motivation had nothing to do with the avengers
>Red Skull
Existed before the avengers
So it depends on if you count Zemo as acting in revenge against the avengers because Ultron is gone and he can only direct his hatred at them but the fairest i can do is that 1.5 of the many MCU villains are the Avengers fault.

The third option was staring them in the face. They could just sign the accords, still do whatever they wanted, and get an angry letter from the UN every now and then whenever there was collateral damage.

That's literally how these things work.

Cap didn't know this because he's been out of the geopolitical loop for too long.

Also
>General/Secretary Ross
Had a problem with superhumans before the Avengers
>Abomination
Was driven insane by forcing someone to give him too much of the super soldier syrum, NOT the avengers.

That's enough to justify token oversight, which is what the UN would've been.

Literally no one has ever been punished for defying UN resolutions, except via sanctions through individual member states.

It was the lightest possible slap on the wrist and a blank check for all future missions and Steve didn't know he could ride it like a fiddle instead of trying to work outside the system.

Shit was hilarious.

if you are not on Tonys side at the beginning of the movie you have no brain
if you are not on Tonys side at the end of the movie you have no heart

>He doesnt recognize Tony's hypocrisy
He literally became Iron Man because he didnt like his technology being used for things he didnt personally agree with yet in Civil war is all for literally being used himself for things he may not agree with.

This.

The way it should work is the way it does in the comics. They have an "Avengers Charter" agreed to by the United Nations and the US government that is basically pic related. They shouldn't be government employees or vigilantes, they should be a specific group of people given the legal authority to act as superheroes.

ok, communist faggot

>he is not able to recognize character development over 5 movies
>even capeshit is too deep for him

>Tony realizes he needs to grow up and accept the team should at least cover their asses on the legal side of things since what they're doing is completely unconstitutional

>baaaaawww what a hypocrite

No he was self centered

He knew he was making weapons to kill people, he didn't care

It wasn't till his own weapons were used against him that he put himself in the middle of it

>Hurr I made a weapon that can level a mountain
>OMG THEY ARE USING IT TO KILL PEOPLE

Well, to be fair he was making weapons for the government. Obviously there's a difference between him supplying weapons to the US for what he perceives to be a good cause, and Stane providing weapons to terrorists without Tony's knowledge

It seems to me no one knew that. Because if stark wanted steve to sign the damn accords all he really needed to do was explain how it works, as opposed to going all philosophical on us.

Who is qualified to check and balance superheroes? They could keep the guys like Falcon in line, but Vision, Thor, Hulk, etc?

It's like Dr. Manhattan. US thinks they have him on their side, but he just fucks off on his own accord and there is nothing they can do about it.

Well, maybe Tony shouldn't have been a such a dick his whole life.

Ain't Cap's fault.

It's more for PR. The fact that they couldn't really control them was obvious, it was more to keep the public from flipping out whenever they lost friends or family members.

It was more that doctor that saved his pathetic life constantly blowing him the fuck out then sacrificing himself to buy Tony time that changed his views

>Tony's face when the doctor says he has everything and absolutely nothing

But see, Tony decided to change that. Cap kept defending his murderous friend.

I'm only team Cap because of Ant-Man

Not Cap's way though. You very much get the sense from his movies that he isn't the type of person to do that.

Granted I wish they'd given him a bit of dialogue after Tony says "Just sign it, we can amend the fuck out of it later so we can do whatever we want any way" where he replies with it being morally wrong to agree to something you're going to immediately sabotage.

Also would have liked it if someone had pointed out that the Accords are useless since the only way they get enforced is if the Avengers (and other super-humans) police their own. Mere mortals are shown to be unable to contain Winter Soldier, like fuck they could do anything about Iron Man or Vision or whoever if they decided to cut loose.

But that's a bit nit-picky, the movie is great.

the final fight in this movie was so much better than the garbage in bvs.

A lot of things could've been solved from just explaining. Cap could've asked how things worked or asked Tony to help bring Bucky in alive as a personal favor and so on.

The movie needed everyone to choose the most hot-headed options to have a conflict.

You know, Cap could have probably avoided a lot of hurt if he had signed the accords. He probably could have angled, as a newly sanctioned member of the official team, to be the one to bring in Bucky based on his rapport with him, just like Stark was able to do before the airport fight. And think if he had brought Bucky back after the Zemo episode, rather than holing up in some off-the-grid location. They were gunning to kill on sight when they started, because they thought there was no other way to bring him in, but then he DID surrender, and they DID bring him in, so they obviously weren't just going to murder him without trial. If Cap had just tried to explain better what was going on to the officials, they might have even been able to mobilize a team to try to track down Zemo together.

But he decided that he was right, and the rest of the world was wrong, and that he would tell them "No, you move."

> Always be the "little brother" who wasn't good enough
> Discover "bigger brother" defends dad's murderer
> Rightfully try to avenge dad
> Beaten to shit by bigger brother with dad's gift

Holy shit. Right then Cap was only nominally the good guy. Tony was denied his father's love, his brother's love, his revenge. I would have MURDERED Cap and Bucky. At the least deliver the line more bitterly

> You don't deserve that SHIELD, Rogers!! You hear me?!! It's not YOURS!! It belonged to my FATHER!!!

Every problem in human history could have been sold if people sat down and worked things out rationally.

In CW they make it clear *why* they're acting irrationally. Cap is trying to protect his best and oldest friend, his literal battle buddy from the Second World War. Tony is pissed because he just watched Bucky choke his mother to death.

It's not like they rolled a D100 on the random reactions chart or some shit. It was visceral and human.

I chalk it up to the Russos thinking the audience would lose patience if they actually made the political red tape talk realistic.

You already have plebs complaining there was too much of that shit.

friendly reminder that cap was an active US Army officer, and thus became a traitor. hes full of shit with his rules and honor. he just performs mental gymnastics to justify his bullshit

>Tony is pissed because he just watched Bucky choke his mother to death.
It doesn't explain why he acted like a retard and didn't try to explain how the accords hold no real power over the avengers

I'm not really complaining about them, but more idiots saying Cap was 100% in the right (see most Gen X/Millennial YouTube reviewers) instead of realizing you can work within the system to get what you want, usually with better results.

Too many "fuck the man, fuck authority, muh 99% faggots" saying Tony was a fag and Steve was making the most sense - simply because none of them have even a rudimentary understanding of international or even federal law.

I'm not arguing that's what should have happened from a narrative perspective. Narratively, it's good that in a movie that's about the crumbling of a team, one person isn't held up as always making the right calls and acting rationally. I'm just saying in-universe, IF he had done it, though he didn't realize or admit it to himself, he would have made things a lot easier for everyone.

I think it comes down more to Cap looking back at what's happened to that point.

His story arc across the movies to date is that he makes the morally correct (and not always personally easy) choices for the greater good, even in the face of Nazi super science or HYDRA trying to take over the world. There are casualties, yes, but ultimately the world is a better place for what he's done.

Tony, on the other hand... weapons maker, functional alcoholic, the dickery of himself and his father created Whiplash and the real villain of IM3, plus Ultron. Tony's had his face rubbed in the fact that he, personally, cannot be trusted with the power he has.

And since Tony's the smartest person on the planet- at least as far as he's concerned- if he can't be trusted to act without oversight than no-one can.

I can understand why people might have preferred that be made explicit, and as the continuity gets more sprawling they'll need to look at that. But if you've seen Winter Soldier and AoU before this, it's a very strong if unspoken thread.

I'm just glad my waifu buried you with cars, manlet.

are there really that many 16 year olds on this board?

must be, posts like this wouldn't be the average otherwise

No, it's almost like Joss never had an interaction with another person

>Bucky punches Tony's dad to death

that was really violent. what the fuck, can't they just have him find them dead already after the crash?

>we want the emasculated audience

grow up

This is "why was Tony supporting the Accords when he opposed the government in Iron Man 2" all over again.

I'm fairly sure you're the more autistic one here, you're unable to relate to other people, fictional or not.

>If he never went after Bucky it still wouldnt affect his stance on the sokovia accords, which as you might recall was the reason he started butting heads with Iron Man in the first place. Bucky may have been what pushed Iron Man to fight them but the team was already divided and several were already in prison.
He was leaning towards signing the Accords in the movie before Zemo blew up the signing and before he found out Wanda would be imprisoned.
>Blames the avengers even though Ultron was the one who lifted the city in the air
Ultron, for argument's sake was a sophisticated tool created by Tony to bring about world peace.
And Ultron sought to bring about world peace by removing the one thing that was in the way of peace: humanity.
You have to remember that Ultron's personality was molded after Tony's, Ultron saw humanity the same way Tony does.

Tony thinks everyone he's a dick to is his friend
His only real friend is Rhodes and JARVIS. But JARVIS is dead now, and Rhodey being Tony's friend is questionable.
Tony acts like an ass to everyone because he thinks that's how you act with friends.
He thinks he's being friendly, everyone else thinks he's being annoying, especially Steve

The language thing is actually an evolution yeah. It's teasing, rather than being outright hostile
And if you watch Civil War, you'd realize that they continue that friendly teasing thing after Cap is arrested, when cap says "sometimes I wish I could" and tony says "no you don't"

"No, I don't. Sometimes-"
"Sometimes I wish I could punch you in your perfect teeth" - said in a way that makes both characters smile

Vision and Hulk were most likely going to be imprisoned and/or shot into space for being too dangerous.
Thor might be reasoned with.

Daddy Issues: the Iron Man Story

I think they should be responsible.
But I don't think I would hand over the hulk to general fucking Ross

and I'm only team iron man because of spider-man, fight me