All the GOAT Italian defenders were never world class outside of the Italian league

>all the GOAT Italian defenders were never world class outside of the Italian league

4 world cups, pedro

That's because they were already playing in the GOAT league

You wot

nice thread

the Italian league used to be the best league in the world

>TF
>TT

for a very short period of time, yes.

literally for the whole of the 90s

What do Messi, Maradona, Pele, Ronaldo, Beckenbauer, Cruyff, Maldini, Baresi, Puskas, di Stefano, Zidane, Platini, Eusebio, Zoff, Yashin, van Basten, Matthäus, Großkreutz and Garrincha have in common?

[spoiler]They never played in England[/spoiler]

Only the Germans in the list played in Germany.

What's you're're point?

for a good part of it, yes.

I admit I might be a bit spoiled as in my side of the globe the best league was always ours. It seemed me that italy reigned for a short period of time.

1982-2006

1984-2006
from the Maradona buy to Calciopoli

Quality thread

>Großkreutz
cheeky

love this guy but he got exposed in Spain. That high line is like Kryptonite to Italian defenders.

yeah I get the 90's Serie A was the shit. I grew up on that but literally no legendary Italians defenders in other leagues from any era
>Baresi
>Scirea
>Facchetti
>Cabrini
>Vierchowod

I can only think of Barzagli, Carboni and Nesta if you count the MLS

>constructive discussion
>american
cancer's ready

excuse me, but why would they go to another league?

also judging Cannavaro for his years at Real when he was 38 is very stupid
also I don't recall Real ever playing with a high line

because defending is mostly about the system, not the players

Also, Baresi played 20 years being the last man in a high line

>you need to play in different leagues in order to prove yourself as a great player
Of course a fucking American made this thread.

i just wanted to bring up the tactical culture of Italy, Mou has always said coaching in Italy was difficult because the fans and press were so analytical about tactics.

maybe this is the environment that made those great Italian defenders excel in stride as opposed to going abroad to different nations that are looking for other qualities in their style of play.

yeah but also consider that offside was different back then. yeah Baresi could pull off a Barca style high line press but again I want to point out the tactical assignment for each manger Sacchi made a whole unit playing on and off the ball while Pep mostly focused on possession and when defending they had to win back the ball as quickly as possible because there defense was shoddy at best and committed to many men up field. Milan could sit back and defend with the best of them but their style was fast pace attack with a defense that was just as aggressive.

just curious why not some many Italians are on the transfer market. Only Bonucci has been rumored to leave.

because all the good italian players are old af

daily reminder that Barzagli is a better defender than he ever was

>hy not some many Italians are on the transfer market

Because who gives a shit about the EPL title or La Liga. It's winning the scudetto with their fav team the thing kids dream about.

because there is no need for most of them to leave itay
Pellè left only because he didn't find possibilities in Italy, and Verratti because he was bought by PSG before italian clubs could make an offer
But in most of the cases they will almost always chose to play in serie a rather than migrating abroad and that's all right for me

>because all the good italian players are old af
that's not even true, it's just that we dont overhype them

>It's winning the scudetto with their fav team the thing kids dream about.
very noble. As far as Totti goes this is true but for everyone else they all go to Juventus in the end.

Italy never had a drought of goalkeepers, defenders and midfielders. What Italy has been severely lacking is playmakers and strikers, there hasn't been a top tier name since Cassano which is an early 80s shitlord that ruined his career too soon. Balotelli had potential, keyword "had".

And Bonucci has got a 2020 ironclad contract, Conte wants him because with him as a DMish sweeper used to Serie A he would just walk through EPL.

Italy made Simeone, he just parroted what he learned and won Liga and nearly won the UCL twice. I wonder exactly why England whom has tried to import our ways since the late 90s has got it so tough to replicate it right.

Because there is nothing to hype. That's the difference: Italy is hypercritical and quick on the trigger to shit on whoever, England is the opposite, we could spend hours naming the cockmonglers that were supposedly destined to greatness just because of some fluke goal in EPL.

it's still the scudetto
and Juve still the team ith the most supporters

And again this recent dominance is because other teams shat the bed. But anyway nobody as a kid thinks of playing in foreign leagues, most of the times it happens if you can't cut it in Italy.

Whether it's because he's an Inter ultras or exclusively because of fear we don't know for sure. What we do know is that after Giovinco's unprecedented burial (MUH DEL PAOLO'S HEIR - comes to Juve - HE SUCKS - loan - does well - bought back by Conte - HE SUCKS EVEN MORE - released to Canada) he's scared shitless to join Juve.

>Because there is nothing to hype
we have some players that are promisng and that if were english and playing in the EPL would alredy earn more than 5m/y by now

for an old guy Cassano had a good Euro 2012 and Vieri was dope too killed the Spanish league in one season.

as of right now I like Insigne but he's more a winger, Italy needs a number 9.

Belotti is the next Vieri, la
Almost no nation as good n9 nowdays anyway

italy bros

what team serie a should i root for? who's the team with the best threads anyhow??

usually a normal neutral spectator but i want to get a jersey this year… wat do?

Anyone but Juve.

>what team serie a should i root for?
Watch some games and decide (please not Juve, thy dont need your support)
>better thread
what?

Leave JEWentus alone.
Milan is pretty shit. Inter maybe will rise soon. Roma, Napoli are a little crazy, but Napoli has a good playing tactics (Higuain seems to go btw)

Sassuolo? Atalanta?

JEWentus is owned by ELKANN, a jewish family from JEW YORK. They own - with the rothschilds - The Economist Jewspaper.

>Almost no nation as good n9 nowdays anyway
Balo pls recover
Stop being a memelord, Balo.
Balo pls.
Or be one, but play like it's 2012 again.

and Fiat
lel not supporting Juve but I do love that squad they've assembled from sloppy seconds from passed down by other teams and they have Allegri who is >based the way they came back from a horrible start to the season was mind bending crazy to witness

to be honest it has always be between Udinese or Fiorentina and last time I visited Italy I fell in love with Tuscany region so I've always had a soft spot for Fiorentina more than anyone else. glad they got Europa league

just going to stick with the Viola and Borja Valero who's game I've aways admired

thanks for the suggestions tho
Atalanta fans are some of the rowdiest I've seen good stuff

Sassuolo have a good squad

Sampdoria were entertaining to watch even if was crap at times

Napoli is good too many m9s are Napoli fans

thanks Italy bros