ITT: Shows that Sup Forums said were great but were actually very mediocre

ITT: Shows that Sup Forums said were great but were actually very mediocre

t. plebeian

THIRTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNTH!!

only good television is Kieslowski's "Dekalog" (1989)

I'm trying to watch it right now, but it's too fucking awful. Also, enough with pasty white Brits playing Mediterranean Romans.

So much this. Would drop on episode 2 if you faggots didn't overhype this shit so much, so I was rused and kept waiting when it gets good. Caesar was so horribly miscast and they raped his character so much it was even worse than if they would actually rape him onscreen, like in Spartacus. Mark Anthony as well, it looked like the fella was just playing himself. I kept waiting for him to start snorting coke and hop into a sportcar or something.

HE WAS A CONSUL OF ROME

Sup Forums rejects are gonna get triggered

Wouldn't the fact that one is a Sup Forums reject indicate some semblance of rationale and lack of extreme autismos?

Sadly, on Sup Forums it only indicates that they'll try to shill shitty shows to you and get buttfrustrated if you tell them they're even worse than shitty live-action Western shows we meme about.

When you start watching it seems enjoyable, and it drives up the anticipation of something deep and epic in the end, but then it just ends and you realize it all was just style over substance and lame hints at depth instead of actual depth, and the story is going nowhere and the authors hardly have anything to say. Sure, the acting is good and the production values are good, but anyway, I just felt like I wasted my time. Does season 2 get better?

I don't know what were you expecting. Season 2 is good, mostly drops the annoying teenagers and the cult.

Hannibal

Season 2 is much more enjoyable. I love this period of Rome's history, but the first season was a drag. Second one was fun, with Anthony being a fucking nut and fighting with Octavian .

Definitely check if out.

I have never seen such shitty opinions in a thread before. Jesus Christ .

sons of anarchy is probably the worst thing ive ever seen

It was an amazing show for people like me who studied Roman history, because it was by far the most accurate depiction seen yet, and it managed to be enjoyable. Most of the main cast were strong actors too.

Pullo and Vorenus were the only ridiculous parts (they did get pretty crazy with Marc Anthony in Egypt in season 2 too), but they actually gave a good perspective into the plebeian life. I like that they made Vorenus a Catonian, and Pullo the Caesar loving populist.

It was good at first, but it becomes fucking exasperating. I ended up stopping 3 episodes short of the end because basically all the good characters were gone and I just didn't care how it ends.

Can someone explain to me why Sup Forums spergs out over this so much? I know Sup Forums just repeats lines over and over and laughs, but usually I can at least see some reason why they picked that particular line. Why did they pick this one?

It showed off Caesar's character. He is sickened that a Consul of Rome was treated this way even if Pompeii was his enemy

Reevaluate your life OP

t.plebian

I get that, but Sup Forums seems to treat it the same way as baneposting, which throws me off.

Well Sup Forums just memes anything, even good scenes. Its to be expected