Twenty two years after his death

>Twenty two years after his death
>No musician has come close to being half the rock star he was

Did he end the rock genre after he died?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/g9zogQOmQVM
youtu.be/g_FoebzeH9s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You're forgetting Jack White OP.

Dave Grohl

lol

youtu.be/g9zogQOmQVM

Noel Gallagher

Kanye West

Dave Grohl, even if I don't like his music myself, I have to admit he's a massive rock star

noel is a potato. Liam was the bigger rockstar.

This guy is such a rebel, he just gets it

youtu.be/g9zogQOmQVM

Anyone saying Date Grohl, I will personally come to your house and correct you.

Like anyone on this board is good enough to date Grohl.

Liam was useless cunt, Noel was the real talent of the band

My nigga. I need to get on Green Day stuff.

but liam was the bigger star. Who cares about talent.

start with Dookie.

now I'm NOT just another shitty old man

youtu.be/g_FoebzeH9s

Will do. Thanks.

there was no internet back then desu fampai

Marilyn Manson was the last true rock star imo. Rock is pretty much dead for the mainstream, even stuff like doesn't come close as "controversial" or "rebellious" but it seems more like a whiny little baby trying to be edgy.

>Manson
>not a whiny Emo edgy baby

lel

He ended the rock genre when he started playing guitar.

>For a long time I had this theory: the impossibility of a female Kurt Cobain. What he represents, leaning against the system and yet supported by consumers, there was no woman in the world that could command the masses so utterly. The music industry wouldn't let her. This thing I've been stewing about since I saw Grimes play to 20 people in 2011, and started reading her Tumblr, and then really starting feeling when "Oblivion" came out, is that Claire is the closest thing we have to a female Kurt Cobain, smart enough to understand the system but righteous enough to wall-jump away from it. But also, interestingly, what an inversion her approach is to Kurt's. His pose was anti-establishment, her pose is post-structural. He was rigorous, she is always looking outward, game for genre-experimentation and hilarity. I feel like even if I don't like her music, and I do so far, I will always feel like she's several steps ahead of me, several books ahead of me, and that makes me feel really fucking good. Anyone who gives her grief about anything can kick rocks as far as I'm concerned.

start with Dookie, then Insomniac, and then Nimrod

That was the stuff that made them famous.

Warning is an ok record but it's really different from the rest. There's some decent pop rock music in there. It's a chill album.

Then obviously American Idiot is what brought them back.

AI and 21st century breakdown are both good rock operas.

they made a decent album trilogy called Uno Dos Tre. There's some fun, mindless pop rock in there. It's probably their worst material but honestly it's not bad just ok. There's some real gems in there though like Let Yourself Go, Lazy Bones, and 8th Avenue Serenade.

Tre is the only album that's actually a bit boring.

and their new album, Revolution Radio is pretty good too.

if you want to go back, Kerplunk is like their Dude Ranch. It's a good record as well.

best thing about Green Day is their consistency.

grunge isn't really rock user...

Josh Homme

>grunge isn't really rock
wat

>No Trump, no K-K-K no fascist USA

Bleh

Jimi Hendrix was before him and still more prolific. Jack White and Dan Aurbach are very well known too and large influences for music being made contemporarily. Pixies are cited in a lot of contemporary music as heavy influences. There's also the bands in other countries that are more popular there than Nirvana

welcome to punk rock

ONE FUCKING MINUTE

His live performances were pretty cool until around 2007.

absolute madman

only oasis

>No musician has come close to being half the rock star he was

wew lad