Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FdBqOCS8LmM
youtube.com/watch?v=dG_h8lsoT34
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

PEOPLE EQUAL SHIT

they're okay, but everything I like about them is death metal
System Of A Down is nice though

They had a good gimmick and a great drummer

I'm a bit sad I missed the sniffing dead crows in a jar routine.

The epitome of edgy teen music. I'm being serious, this isn't some stubborn attack on anything that tries to be tough or loud. I used to be really into them, and the rest of the mallcore crowd of yore. I truly used to take nu-metal seriously. I knew other kids my age who also did. All of us took separate roads in life, but to this day, looking back, we can all agree that Slipknot is the very symbol, the absolute apotheosis of teen-angst attention whoring vapid clichéd everyone-is-a-sheep-but-me music that you're *designed* to grow out of, as a proper human being worth their lives.

THE WORLD'LL NEVER SEE A CRAZY MOTHERFUCKER LIKE YOU

Iowa was decent, and like 2 songs on self titled were okay. Everything else was overplayed.

best nu metal band
youtube.com/watch?v=FdBqOCS8LmM

Iowa was game changing. although i feel they never channeled the same level of depression and rage since.

I still laugh at the title "People = Shit*

Some people just stay on that level for good. I know adults who still claim Slipknot to be their favorite band. Not that there's anything wrong with their minds it's just they never tried to expand their taste/don't care about music as much.

I PUSH MY FINGERS INTO MY ASS

the only guy i ever knew who liked slipknot unironically was a dude with serious repressed rage and schizo tendencies

I have a friend to this day still claims Slipknot to be bigger than the Big 4. And "no one even comes close to slipknot they are the heaviest dude". I try to show him other stuff but anything longer than 4 mins is too much for him. He's 25.

isnt slipknot heavier than them though?

I wont find a heavier record. Ever. And this is why Slipknot is famous.
Because this not only pure violence, this is real, They hated each other in this period. REALLY. There is no acting here. Corey doesn't even remember a lot of the recording process because he was drinking 2-3 Jack Daniels bottles per day.
This is also sad. This is just pure extreme emotions. There is a lot of sadness behind the violence. Check 16:55 or 49:40 (all the end of metabolic is SAD actually.
You won't find a heavier record for a lot of reason. 1) noone can beat Corey's scream. I'm not a teenager fan I'm 31. There is a lot of things I don't like with this guy but musically he is the best vocalist ever in my opinion.
2) the sound/production and the combo doubles guitars + bass is insane.
3) There are 3 drummers.
4) The DJ and Samples to add the little something more.

I'm listening to metal for 20 years. Nothing has NEVER came close to this.

i like slipknot i can really get my anger out at times. would love to see them live . far from the biggest fan but still pretty okey metal

Referring to bands as 'the big 4' is retarded

nu metal isn't a thing, there were a lot of jawas around deftones time or at least Slipknot isn't nu metal. nu metal was getting closer to tool attempt failures. It's the post-demanufacture fallout

songs like vermillion i really dig and spit it out

>Big 4

You're both retarded.

well if 4 bands really put thrash metal in public and were a bit bettet than the rest then it were those 4

Big 4gdebate is still valid

Anthrax
Megadeath
Metallica
Slayer

>Anthrax
>not Testament

This looks like a Dystopia record

I guess they are.

Lel tell that to him. Dont see a problem either way.

No, I'm saying that you have shit taste. Slayer is the only good band in this list.

>Megadeath

I'm pretty sure that cover is a parody of that album

The Slipknots music isn't that bad. It's nothing brilliant, but it's not bad.

They, however, are a fuckin joke. They'd just about be ICP-tier except they actually have musical talent and some brains.

i like slayer allot but i think metallica has was more diverse songs than slayer. furthermore from what ive heard metallica are better performance wise. at least in the 90's

>megadeath

>slayer
You're half right but its really Metallica thats good and just like Slayer anything after 91 has been shit. And no one cares about Megadeth they're pure fecal matter.

pretty solid point, saw megadeath live last year wasnt really stunned

I was a total fanboy when I was a kid. Slipknot, Iowa, Disasterpieces and a hoodie. I can still listen through Slipknot and Iowa pretty effortlessly.

Haven't paid attention to them in over 10 years, though.

I wonder why their self titled album has so many versions, i wanted interloper and then the one i got didn't have it, not even on the cassette.

Korn s/t >>>

The 10th anniversary edition has the most songs including interloper

Nu metal is for chubby white trash who wear oversized gym shorts.

weak bait

What about Pantera?

>unironic nu-metal thread on Sup Forums
Jesus Christ when i was 10 I thought I was too good for this shit

Friedman's playing was better than Slayer and Metallica's guitarists at the time they all were recording their best albums

It isn't debateble

right .... what happened was

Couldn't have sad I better myself

i remember we tried doing a circle pit barefoot in my buddy's living room when Vol 3 came out.
One buddy got his toe nail crushed or he was bleeding somewhere.
And we were recording it on camera and one friend says "that's why ou don't try this at home".
I always found this a great memory but I'm not too sure how often i'd discuss music that seriously, but I enjoy slipknot and when it gets me pumped through my lifts so that's about as far as i go on it.

You should definetly give Anthrax's new album a listen, or at least youtube Got the Time if you haven't heard it. Fear Factory's Soul of a New Machine album would be right up your street if you liked some slipknot

Even when I was an edgy teenager, I thought Slipknot was pretty fucking gay.

Only that early demo album holds up to this day, though Iowa is funny as fuck for all the wrong reasons.

Kek it's a parody

>sad
wut?

>used to take nu-metal seriously.
>doesn't take soad seriously
you need to get woke, homie

>tfw wcd went down so i'm a bit lost
i know rutracker loves its metal though, i'll be sure to add get them now, i have a big backogto get through.

kek

thats if you were a person that liked them for their symbolism. If you take their songs at face value for the music, some of them are great workout or rough-day songs to get you pumped up

youtube.com/watch?v=dG_h8lsoT34

unironically their best song

I don't understand rutracker, I buy music or stream. Is it an user-core file share technology? Really, have a quick go on Got the Time by Anthrax, it was once one of America's greatest songs of the decade

Which is quite a big deal, possibly