Never torrented anything because I'm scared

Never torrented anything because I'm scared.

Yes, I realize it's easy to install a file sharing app like utorrent, qbittorent or emule and use it to initiate a torrent download, but the one time I tried to do it 3 years ago resulted in me looking at 1-2 kbit/s download speeds. I started reading about seeding and leeching and my eyes glossed over. Apparently, there is a weird catch 22 were if you don't seed, you get throttled and if you seed you can get busted by some corporate authority figure that monitors torrents. I never really understood it. I just cancelled my download and uninstalled my file sharing app.

I want to give torrenting another shot. How do I into torrenting that has fast download speeds that doesn't require seeding?

Just torrent the goddamn file. The speeds will fluctuate. Just when you're done, be sure to delete it from the torrent client itself so it doesn't seed. Ex of mine once torrented so much that they received a letter from their ISP telling them to stop or there'd be consequences. Nothing happened. Don't worry. Just do it.

how do magnet link even work?

It depends of what kind of content you want to download, don't be a fucking fag and see the motherfucking torrent, I usually seed for months, once it's being enough I delete it .

No one is to put you in jail for torrenting shit

user ive torrented all of game of thrones season 1-6, many movies, other TV shows, and other shit and nothing has happened...

>I usually seed for months, once it's being enough
Why do you seed? What do you mean by "enough"?

I'm less worried about going to jail and more worried about being fined $1,000s of dollars.

I can't find a 1080p torrent for Game of Thrones. Every one I've tried ended up being 720p.

Can you hook me up?

>i never torrented
>when i torrent, its slow

Make up your mind

Depends where you're getting your torrents. Some places will throttle you if your seed ratio is too low but most of the time you'll just download based on the number of available seeders.
Personally if I download a show or something I seed it for the duration of watching it and a bit afterwards, then shut it off.

Damn, sure is summer

>tfw you've been torrenting for 5 years and never seeded, not even once
Call the cops, i dont give a fuck

I tried torrenting, but then canceled the torrent before it finished downloading 5 days later. 5 days and I had only downloaded 37% of it. I never completely downloaded the torrent, so technically I have never torrented anything.

>seed ratio
What is that? Explain please?

doesn't it seed automatically as you download?

I'm 18. I graduated high school this past spring. Yes, I'm young. sorry.

What were you downloading, fuckin The Sims 3 with all expansions and stuff packs in fucking australia?

Nah, it starts right after the download ends, i turn that shit off to save RAM

seeding is basically letting people download the file from, you, more seeders = faster downloads
more leechers = more ppl downloading = slower download
you can seed if you don't have a bandwidth cap and want to help out, but i never do

Nogga you should be put fucking mad bitches and getting wasted before university, you're wasting your time here

>implying you're not just a fucking autist fuck who cant talk to girls

Movies. Like I said, it was 1 kbit/s, if I was lucky, From what I could ascertain, I was slow because I had never seeded. I didn't understand it.

Here's a complete answer, you can delete the thread after this

>use a VPN if you torrent anything popular, movies, games etc
>your chance of getting caught depends on your ISP and how much they give a fuck
>if you get a letter in the mail ignore it but get a VPN
>use transmission or transmission-qt-win if you're on Windows
>seed at least 1:1 if you're not a faggot

crusty mouse fuck

I have a girlfriend, but she's fat. Better than nothing, I guess.

Post pics of whale

k. which vpn?

You won't user, just imagine the whole world of seeding, it's unpossible to track and put asses behind bars, they only go after big fishes not the drug addicts, such as the owners of thepiratebay.

I seed to share, that's how it works, Be a seeder not a leecher.

Honestly depends on your ISP. Comcast is a nigger and will send you a mail to stop torrenting. So I just stopped seeding but torrent from time to time.

I'd change of ISP, space nigga

If you're really paranoid, just get a VPN.

>living in a geographic region where you have multiple broadband options

I hate you so much right now. How the fuck did you get HER??? I'm more attractive than you and I can't get a girl. Fuck off and die I hate you.

You're all so fucking new at torrenting it kills me

Which one?
Which file sharing app do you recommend?

Doubt it's him. Looks like a father daughter unless op is pedo

Maybe because you act like a faggot like you are doing right now

Whatever you do, don't be like my roomie and seed Iggy fucking Azelea for weeks.

>that image
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I don't act like a fagot when I'm around girls though, so your explanation isn't adequate.

what a fucking faggot. I remember being like 10 or 12 when I got my own laptop. I downloaded so many games and movies on that shit.

Trust me, you do, ya faggot

Age check on this thread: who used Kazaa?

> The thrill of 56k modem piracy
> half hour to download one 4 minute song

No I don't. When I'm around girls I'm cool as fuck. They just don't think I'm attractive is all. They always say they just want to be friends.

Either you are trolling or a raging faggot who doesn't realize he is a faggot. For your own sake I hope it's the first option.

Kazaa, shit nigga that was flash, I used Napster.

Real age check: who here used Napster before the lawsuit?

Really real age check: who here used archie?

It's either Hitler or Stalin here.. So I'm fucked till Google comes around with its fiber

No, never used Archie but I did use Napster and before that various versions of direct connect.

I'm not a fagot, I'm unattractive. Girls just don't like the way I look.

Most ppl don't know about the public file sharing settings on their computers. If you don't allow public file sharing it won't seed your torrents

Not faggot in the gay sense you spastic. Faggot in that you are an idiot. Girls tend to look more in a guy other than looks.

I'm not an idiot. I'm actually very intelligent. Too intelligent for most girls, probably. I get called a nerd a lot.

Retard confirmed.

hahahahaaaaa

faaaaggot

> Game of Thrones - Season 6 - 1080p HDTV - x265 HEVC - 6CH - ShAaNiG

I am NOT homosexual and I am NOT retarded. I am a heterosexual male and I have an I.Q. of 157. I read the Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid when I was only 10 years old!

You probably don't even know what that is.

timestamp nigger

if people wouldn't seed there would be no torrents you retard

bow before usenet overlords

Kek I remember this shit when 128k modems came out it was like lightening compared to the 56k one ha ha down to about 15mins per mp3

Like many other anons have suggested, just get a VPN, OP.

You can either make your own VPN server (Although in order to that you'll need to have quite a fast internet upload speed) or you could rent one (They're are heaps of companies which are dedicated VPN service providers). They're are heaps of tutorials on how to do either of those methods in order to get a successful VPN going.

Buy a fucking VPN that allows you to torrent