youtube.com/watch?v=0S1qRbzJ5G4
youtube.com/watch?v=y6qBRiXcrcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=lBpygi7DrVo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

wut about ricardo villalobos?

listenin to that roman flugel album and it's fuckin shit loool

What a waste of an hour xD

No actual club tunes just super "deep" weird shit

Am i the only one who lives in a shite ass town in the middle of nowhere? I've been listening to electronic music for a few years now and none of my friends listen to what i do, although to most people here i probably haven't reached deep at all. I'm dying to talk about music but forums are just memes and recs. Am i too late? has everyone already talked about musicians that blow my mind like djrum and pariah?

Lad how new are you?

youtube.com/watch?v=W5-Vc8kIQL8

You're not alone. I live in a rural town of 24,000. There's no clubs, everyone i know listens to rock, pop or metal. I've been getting more and more into electronic music over the years, getting into ambient now. You are not "too late", i don't know what you mean by that. Just browse discogs and listen to what you like.

I could tolerate bleep culture if it wasn't for the irrational adherence to the outdated vinyl medium.

It's not something someone like you, who doesn't actually DJ with vinyl could understand.

You can DJ just as well with superior digital files.

As I said, you couldn't understand.

Explain it in scientific terms.

Vinyl is a meme

Is is, in the original Dawkinian sense, and it puzzles me that it's so ubiquitous in a genre that's digitally produced for the most part.

>people thinking it matters what kind of equipment you use to DJ

track selection is the only thing that matters

Are genes memes?

yep, nothin wrong with lettin fags in our clubs

no user, the fags let YOU in.

Fav LPs of the year?

Mine are:
DJ earl- open your eyes
Kaiju - 7 sins
October - death drums
Duke Hugh - canvas

when will this "gays invented club culture" meme end?

when you stop being such a faggot

why are gay guys so much more sickly degenerately perverted than any other demographic?

NMO
Bird Sound Power

Less than a thousand people live in my town, which is located on an island. Had to travel a full day to see autechre 2 weeks ago, was amazing though. By "too late" i mean that since i'm young and i'm just now discovering music that is years old and not focusing on new music, thus i think most of the great discussions have already been. I'm actually in an ambient phase at the moment, listening to a ton of fennesz, alva noto, richard skelton, erik enockson, vladislav delay, mika vainio etc

been listening to proper techno, dubstep, jungle and stuff for about two years now, was into idm probably a year before that, got into ambient and dub like a year ago, feels like i've finally found my taste now, and it's great

lads what are your fav labels at the moment? r&s are releasing some good shit, the struction ep was amazing, perlon keeps me happy, spacetravel lp is thoroughly good, and the dygas ep is great too, that little bass drop on even 11 sends chills down my spine.

Well that is the same case for me as i'm 18 now, but it doesn't bother me. I just want to hear the music and don't care much for the discussion and how current the music is.
youtube.com/watch?v=XWAghDS6s4Q

workshop is pretty good rn

I wish it were so for me too, but whenever my friends talk about how emotional they get from their indie rock, folk or pop music i just cannot relate at all and when i put something on that i like they say it makes them physically uncomfortable,kinda feels like i'm back in middle school again, when i was shit at sports and couldn't make friends with the other boys. i just want to talk about something i like, feels like i'm going to burst.

Elysia Crampton - Demon City
Yves Tumor - Serpent Music
You're Me - Plant Cell Division
Lamont - Vol 1
Kuedo - Slow Knife
Exit Sense - Amor 107.5
Radiohead - AMSP

i though they had only only released that old ibrahim alfa lp his year?
Rivers of sand is an incredible track, been scouring the touch roster for similar stuff lately
youtube.com/watch?v=rYSKdzDGEyE

I mean, I've been listening to a lot of workshop records lately.
Ambient is not only random background sound you know...
youtube.com/watch?v=x4H7FtKsPzw

I mean how new to bleep
Jungle Jerkman don't be bad ur thread got deleted lls

stop, just leave

you too can leave, tho i will admit i liked half of yves tumor's album, but the rest...no words baka

>Jungle Jerkman don't be bad ur thread got deleted lls
lmao that aint me mate i got no problem with fags

fags are a part of western culture

probalby a year or so
thanks senpai
youtube.com/watch?v=SXVU1wRz7Os

I didn't mean to imply that ambient was background music at all if that's how you took it.
I like that album though, much more minimal that the effects-laden stuff i usually listen to, reminds me of steve reich

youtube.com/watch?v=4NJ8VGbz6g0

second best klockworks track imo
youtube.com/watch?v=rTTov7LhxiU

Yeah but the only things worth keeping about the past are the good things everything else can rot

I appreciate the acid influences
youtube.com/watch?v=-HFqDBk7zZ0

youtube.com/watch?v=FRxHw0nHagQ
>its sounds as if spraying diarrhoea into the toilet!
kek

Which is better?

I know. I don't see the fennesz track as background noise because i am immersed and affected by it. I prefer if ambient has a direction. Pete Namlook talks about this in this interview: youtube.com/watch?v=XhK5qsvIwpc . Specifically he says he doesn't think his music conforms to Eno's definition of ambient as a "musical wallpaper", but he intends it to affect the listener emotionally - take them on a journey. That's what i seek from ambient and can't stomach the more minimal & directionless styles. This is the type i like: youtube.com/watch?v=gzPHOalJ3s8&t=1832s

>fags are a part of western culture

L.I.E.S.

This album is great.

What do you think about Polar Inertia? I've been astonished by their work. Every album shows us a glimpse of the story they want to tell us, it's an amazing journey to take.
On the ambient topic, I think pretty much like you. Minimal and empty ambient devoid of emotion is pointless.
youtube.com/watch?v=ww-0AfcogLU

Hello /bleep/
Pard here, really wanna expand my taste on electronic music
I super dig this artist but I'm not sure what genre her stuff even falls under, I'd really appreciate it if someone could let me know so I'd have an easier time finding more with a similar style
soundcloud.com/lllltokyo/feat-fraqsea

>album

record. who cares?

I haven't listened to polar inertia before but i will be sure to do so.
>every album
I only see one on their discogs page?
That biosphere album was rlly good. Last night i listened to this: youtube.com/watch?v=uuQj1txL2Bs&t=2514s
It's more sparse than i would usually like, but the dialog about dreams by psychologist Celia Green makes the album.

this is the most xenophobic general i can find on 4chunk, yeah?

Kinematic Optics, The Last Vehicle and Indirect Light.
Biosphere is what got me into ambient.
I'm off to bed now, cya familia

Leave desu

suck out cunt

It doesn't matter to the people dancing on the floor, but there is one person it matters to.

yes if u are pard/can't comprehend banter

Yeah it doesn't bang at all, it's more like a production showcase.

>By "too late" i mean that since i'm young and i'm just now discovering music that is years old and not focusing on new music, thus i think most of the great discussions have already been.
/bleep/ isn't what it was but there's still lots of space for discussion of music new and old.

is it true that when pards say "after hours" they mean clubs that run after 4am? lols

Yeah it's great, though I prefer Pixel Wave Embrace even though it's more amateur sounding.

Respectable, this one's a lot more bare. Still having a spot of trouble to come to terms with that but it's good regardless.

PWE is without question next level.

This looks like the perfect excuse for posting lists that no one asked for or cares about as always.

12"s/EPs
Dead Man's Chest - Farseer
Kid Lib - The Garden Of Boodah EP
Kid Lib - Massiv 03
Sir Spyro - Topper Top
Dub-One - Tension Dub
Sully - Lifted, Rotten
The Bug - Box, Iceman
DJ Cable - In 'Ere (feat. Ghostly)
Detboi - Joyride EP
Leon Switch - Intrepid

LPs:
Kid Lib & Friends - The Tow Truck LP
Trim - 1-800 Dinosaur Presents - Trim
Distance - Dynamis
Paperclip & Steel Swatter - Wasteland LP
FFF - In Fear
Calibre - Shelflife 4
DJ Earl - Open Your Eyes
DJ Diamond - Footwork Or Die
Bwana - Capsule’s Pride (Bikes)
Dom & Roland - Last Refuge of a Scoundrel

Comps/Mixes:
Various - Forbidden Codes 2
Various - Amen-talist - Round 6
The Teknoist - 11 Years of Ninjas, Samurais and Zombies
Various - A Decade in Breakbeat
Optical - 20 Years of Optical Volume 1 & 2
Nu Foundation - Le Grá Go Deo
Kahn & Neek - Fabriclive 90
Various - Tectonic Plates, Vol. 1 (10 Year Anniversary Edition)
Various - Chrome Classics Vol. 1
The Dream Team - The Joker Project Vol 2 (Aracane Asylum)

I remember only a few months ago I was moaning about how shit 2016 has been but then when I made this I realised how much good shit I had to leave off it. Maybe 2016 was the year of /bleeps/ after all. Kid Lib has been my producer of the year, can't pick an outright favourite label of the year.

i guess someone has to give it a push, i'll try to be more active and less bitter
These are the kind of discussions i like, but is discussion of ambient music and its likes acceptable in bleep? I don't think a dedicated thread would go very far and i think most bleep posters like this kind of music too.
youtube.com/watch?v=FGP92H6b3So

>DJ Diamond - Footwork Or Die
shit how did I miss this?
might give that Dom & Roland a listen at some point too

lovely list, but was i the only one who didn't like box/iceman? shite imo
youtube.com/watch?v=HfN7Rj723eU

i love you, ninj

you're like the older brother i never had

what did everyone think of the new porter ricks ep? I liked it, it's not on biokinetics level, but then again what is? youtube.com/watch?v=OYfLulI5XVU

Footwork Or Die was excellent, make sure you listen to. The Dom & Roland LP was also really good but I was almost going to leave it off the list for a hidden weapon like The Nativist - Various Options or Xkernel - CYBER JUNGLE [demo], or even the new Omar-S LP, but in the end I decided it was too well produced to ignore, even if I do think it's the least good Dom & Roland LP.

I thought Box was terrible but Iceman was amazing, and it's The Bug at the end of the day, it can't be that bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=b5yEkgZr9OA

Whenever i try to create a bloop thread or a thread to discuss electronic music that isn't Autechre, Aphex, Daft Punk or Justice outside of /bleep/, it only ever gets around 10 replies; and that's mainly rockists saying things like "back to /bleep/" or something like that. Sometimes i hate Sup Forums.
youtube.com/watch?v=yCYCRyqlp7s

No worries kouhai. Are you sure I'm older than you though?

Been thinking about label of the year and it's probably going to be Tectonic or Critical Recordings again. It might have been Exit but that Richie Brains LP and the hype behind it turned me off Exit for a little bit.

Been listening to bassline all week lads

>Scientific terms

What are you, 12?

Anyway, vinyl dj'ing makes you really focus on the fundamentals. Track selection, proper pitch control, mixing in key etc.

CDJ's are too sterile. Endless loop functions, auto-beatmatch etc.

We should have a "no more replying to pards" rule.

Plus there's loads of records that don't exist in digital

>is discussion of ambient music and its likes acceptable in bleep?
The fact that it is being discussed without complaint is evidence that it's acceptable. Don't worry too much about what is and isn't /bleep/, if you go wrong then you'll get called out and then who cares, you're anonymous anyway.

Lad link your collection i want bassline too

I just downloaded a bunch of big folders on slsk, just try searching "bassline" and "4x4"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDdAhllAs5c

My experiences have been the same;_;, no one accepts us, post melodramatic vaporwave
youtube.com/watch?v=XxuiJUMun7A

>vaporwave

Go away

i bet you guys like ecstasy

couldn't have put it better myself, thanks senpai
youtube.com/watch?v=o6Fl1GB6PP0

I don't even do it any more

thanks m8, only bassline i've heard is cheesy pop shit, hopefully this is good
youtube.com/watch?v=0S1qRbzJ5G4

ecstasy is what got me into techno

any teetotal man in?

felt so much better since, i'm 6 months now

why though

i have two pills at home since 1.5 years ago, never dared to try them, what if i fuck up a great set due to a bad trip, going to frankfurt soon though, popping a pill in robert johnson sounds pretty fun

If you're trying to avoid cheese, bassline isn't your best option

couldn't deal with comedowns anymore basically, had a really really bad one where i was thinking about a lot of stuff and got fully convinced that killing myself was the only right thing to do, and that scared me a lot

also i was spending way too much money on weed lol

Any wub wub wub man in
youtube.com/watch?v=y6qBRiXcrcQ

Not teetotal by any measure, just don't take MDMA any more

I have high hopes, maybe it'll be like when i found out garage wasn't just craig richards

Yeah.

Originally for cultural reasons, now because I am tight bastard who hates spending money so I won't buy alcohol or drugs and I'm at the point in my life where I actively do not like having fun so why would I take alcohol or drugs.

it's very hard not to lol

u won't have a bad trip, just start with a half

>I'm at the point in my life where I actively do not like having fun
huh. what happened?

I pretty much smoke weed and drink and that's all I've never done.

Don't touch the pills/powders/shrooms or whatnot. Too scared to try, desu.

in two weeks i will have been sober for a year, best decision i've ever made
youtube.com/watch?v=lBpygi7DrVo