Is flac a meme...

is flac a meme, i mean ppl cant seriously be stupid enough to think they can notice a difference between 320 and flac can they?

Some people are stupid enough.

its a meme

Fuck off, soulseek is not "just as good" as what.cd. You aren't getting a bump from me.

it's noticeable on high end equipment, and it's worth archiving in flac even if you don't have high end equipment, so that you won't have to recreate your entire library when the time comes

Cymbals lad. They sound horrible on mp3's.

This

FLAC is the biggest con since video games.

They're good for archival.In a decade or so there will be a new standard format and none of your devices will play MP3 anymore - you will have to convert, and then your song will sound like shit.

Storage space is also plentiful now really, you can get a few TBs for next to nothing.

Rofl

Nice 5-year old copypasta bro

I have a stash of 128kbps mo3's on a SSD since 2011. Some of them have actually gained 2-6kbps. I read in PC world that plext0r SSD's achieve maximum gainey.

Hey, what if im listening on a music player? Does it still degrade?

My phone doesn't play FLAC and I really only listen off of that, my albums are on my HDD tho

That's because MO3 is a gainey codec. It isn't widely used because the regenerating effect uses aborted fetal tissue to operate.

FYI - MO3 is the new standard for digital audio. MO3 was mainly developed at Fraunhofer IIS and is the result of many years of team work, after the MP3 was completed.

FLAC is something you use if you want to

a. edit and transcode tracks
b. preserve music

also the average human ear stops being able to differentiate music from mp3 245 upwards

lol

Why wouldn't you want your music shielded against rotational velocidensity?

you can hear all the way up to 21hz?

only newborns can do that. by the time you are 20 you'll hearing will be 19hz tops

I'm 25 and i can hear the difference between 320 mp3 ripped from a CD, that same 320 mp3 converted into flac, a flac rip from the same cd and flac offered direct from the master recording. if you can't tell the difference then you've already damaged your hearing beyond repair

No wonder they went after the biggest and best distributor of MP3 music in the land: they wanted the monopoly all to themselves. There's no way President Trump will stand for this.

this is a very well made bait, but you can't fool me here. Anyone who does their reading regarding transcodes and MP3 bitrates knows this.

Hear damages itself with age. Never goes up, only down. You can be blessed and still noticed the difference, but most people won't.

FLAC is more for archiving music than for listening. If you have the song in FLAC you can convert it to any format you want without losing quality over and over.

There seems to be a lot of misconceptions in the music community regarding the differences between 320kbps mp3 and FLAC format. It is true that 320kbps is technically as good as FLAC, but there are other reasons to get music in a lossless format.

Hearing the difference now isn’t the reason to encode to FLAC. FLAC uses lossless compression, while MP3 is ‘lossy’. What this means is that for each year the MP3 sits on your hard drive, it will lose roughly 12kbps, assuming you have SATA – it’s about 15kbps on IDE, but only 7kbps on SCSI, due to rotational velocidensity. You don’t want to know how much worse it is on CD-ROM or other optical media.

I started collecting MP3s in about 2001, and if I try to play any of the tracks I downloaded back then, even the stuff I grabbed at 320kbps, they just sound like crap. The bass is terrible, the midrange…well don’t get me started. Some of those albums have degraded down to 32 or even 16kbps. FLAC rips from the same period still sound great, even if they weren’t stored correctly, in a cool, dry place. Seriously, stick to FLAC, you may not be able to hear the difference now, but in a year or two, you’ll be glad you did.

I get flac so I can convert it to formats that aren't MP3.

There are better and more efficient new codecs tho.

My fucking sides

lol, nice one