Should I update to Windows 10? It's the last month when it's available for free...

Should I update to Windows 10? It's the last month when it's available for free. I've heard a lot of bad stuff about it and I like Windows 7 a lot and got used to it, but then again, in a few years I'll probably have to get it anyway since new games etc. will not be compatible with 7, and then I'll regret not getting it for free when I could. Unless they'll release another one by then...

Other urls found in this thread:

howtogeek.com/220957/no-windows-10-won’t-require-a-subscription-heres-how-microsoft-plans-on-making-money-instead/
itpro.co.uk/desktop-hardware/windows-xp-windows-7-migration/20552/windows-8-ignored-enterprise-customers
infoworld.com/article/3043526/microsoft-windows/microsoft-upgraded-users-to-windows-10-without-their-ok.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

PROTIP: Windows 10 is going to become a subscription-based service within the next year. Don't fall for that shit, torrent W7 Professional, it's on TPB and remember to seed your fucking torrents. You can thank me later.

what does taht mean, subscription based? I've got it, they can't decide to make me pay for something I already have, can they?

Also, how do you know that?

dont update your current system, do a fresh install and update that. way less chances of breaking something.

windows7 sucks compared to win8.1.
win8.1 sucks compared to win10.

it's a no-brainer.

a week ago i'd say give it a go, but 2 days ago i started having .dll problems, and windows 10 won't fix the corrupted files, so i'll have to get a new os. guess who's going back to windows 7..

it means you have to pay to use it. or else your locked out of your computer. maybe even cryptolocker

8.1 is fucking garbage you mongoloid fuck.

>
>PROTIP: Windows 10 is going to become a subscription-based service within the next year. Don't fall for that shit, torrent W7 Professional, it's on TPB and remember to seed your fucking torrents. You can thank me later.
evidence ?

7 has been perfectly fine for the last what, 6 years? Why "upgrade" to a cuck Jew os like 10 if you're still free to do as you please on 7?

howtogeek.com/220957/no-windows-10-won’t-require-a-subscription-heres-how-microsoft-plans-on-making-money-instead/

>get code for Win10 from university
>install it
>blue screen every 2-12 hours
>can't play WarHammer
>can't play shit for more than 10min- 1 hour
>solidworks crashes and looses all my work
>switch back to Win8.1
>still garbage but it works

you're talking out of your ass, retard
8.1 is way more stable and better performing than 7

ITT: the Dell brigade

>way more stable
>you're talking out of your ass, retard

LMAO

didn't mean to upset your carefully constructed reality

>thank you pajeet
>10 rupees have been deposited to your Microsoft advocacy account
>and as always poo in the loo

you should spend less time on Sup Forums

and get a new pc lol

Do you game OP? If you do and have decent hardware then you are shooting yourself in the foot by not getting 10.
If your hardware is roughly 5 years older or more then stick with what you've got.

Personal I paid £20 for a key online and used the win10 pro x64 iso from Microsoft.

I did try the win 10 upgrade from windows 7 when it was first offered but I blue screened so reinstalled 7. This time around though I just used the iso to do a fresh install, fuck upgrading every again. I'd only recommend a clean install.

gtfo nigger

I just find it funny that you claim one user is talking out of his ass while in the same post proceed to talk out of yours. Win 8 is less stable than Win 7, and why they rushed to Win 10.

Unpopular opinion cause "le fuck windows 8.1, 7 is better". But you're absolutely right.

>thank you pajeet
>10 rupees have been deposited to your Microsoft advocacy account
>and as always poo in the loo

they've fucked over so many people with that upgrade tactic. it's way safer to do a fresh install, they should've just allowed to activate w10 with 7/8 keys.

The pajeets seem to be taking a night off from shilling on Sup Forums kek

So what happens when W7 isn't supported anymore?

>Win 8 is less stable than Win 7

everybody who's tried both (and is not a retard like you) disagrees. how does that feel.

Windows 7 is getting support until 2020 user, no need to upgrade unless you really like being spied on and having less control over your OS

Dual boot. Either make a seperate partition for Windows 10 or grab a spare, cheap 500gb minimum HDD and copy your Windows 7 to that then upgrade to 10, that's what I did.

>Do you game?

That's the question.
Direct X 12 brof
You'll see noticeable frame rate gains just from upgrading to 10.

My computer auto updated while I was asleep because I forgot to cancel it. And I love windows 10. Turn off the Cortina bullshit and it's just like 7....but better.

>kek

oh god one of those fags

Don't sweat it dude. There are plenty of legacy systems still running xp or older.

Thats not just stupid its illegal.

Update to GNU/Linux

You're taking that word from the same people who tricked people into upgrading to W10 by thinking they were closing out the pop up.

fuck no, windows 10 literally advertises to you ON YOUR DESKTOP and WHILE YOU ARE USING PROGRAMS

I told myself I would try it for a week and I lasted 2 days when I got sick of it telling me I should buy office, and an xbox one

That dude is describing ransomware but it has been talked about for a while that a lot of the win10 services will be subject to a monthly subscription fee. See what they're already doing with their stupid fucking games. Pay to play ad free solitaire. No fucking thanks.

Forcing an OS onto people is not a good way to get them to like it

Voice of reason in this thread.

no you won't, you'll see a drop of 2-3 frames in regular gaming.

There are like 2 games that use DX12 you idiot

Feels like I'm arguing with a child who cant back shit up. Learn some punctuation and shit, then come back with some sources.
itpro.co.uk/desktop-hardware/windows-xp-windows-7-migration/20552/windows-8-ignored-enterprise-customers

>“Since x86 workstations began in 1996, there have only been three major OS releases enterprises that have been accepted. Windows NT 4.0 was the first, Windows XP and now Windows 7. They are ignoring Windows 8.”

>lol how does that feel

Thanks street shitter I'll keep that in mind

You could install it NEXT to 7 and use both
Btw, if anybode has a spare licence for 7

I agree.

But that doesn't mean we're gonna have much choice in the future.

They're already forcing the upgrade on people who blocked it - my wife included.

"noticible gains"

hahahahahahahahaahaaa

It won't m,ake your shitty hardware any better faggot, and it's well documented that most games run worse on 10, plus it uninstalls some programs when it updates itself, oh and you can't turn that off either.
you literally have to block multiple ports through your router to stop it sending information back to microsoft every day. It is just straight up bad.

If you're the type of person that is OK with malware like practices being performed by your OS then by all means go ahead, but please never breed.

Why the actual fuck would they do that. Dual booting GNU/linux and windows makes sense. But just a win7-8/10 dual boot is retarded. And gay. And probably has a nigger less than a 2nd cousin away in their family tree.

you should install a real operating system for men, GNU/Linux.
windows is for manlets. no point in arguing whether win10 or win7 is better, as they both suck. good luck sending your data to microsoft so they can masturbate.
and comparing GNU/Linux to windows is like comparing lego to lego duplo, so don't even bother.

Win 7 bruh why the ask

yeah or just stay on 7, you're not going to have any security issues unless you're severely retarded with your daily computer use.

You can remove all of the windows 10 upgrade files from 7 easily and make sure it never tries to pull that shit where it downloads and updates things without your permission on you again - something you cannot do with windows 10

typical retard logic and deflection.

>mfw street shitting dot heads will never know the glorious wonder of shitposting from a t420 running free as in freedom GNU/Linux just like the good lord Stallman intended
>mfw I have no face

Typical pajeet shill that can't back up an argument with fact

Just to be sure you spare the expense, you don't have to use it

kek
I post something that refutes your claim of
>everybody who's tried both (and is not a retard like you) disagrees
by showing that fucking HP didn't switch due to not trusting its stability, and all you got is
>typical retard logic and deflection.

You have no argument son, just fucking pack it in all ready.

All paid by microsoft
That or actual autists

>itpro.co.uk/desktop-hardware/windows-xp-windows-7-migration/20552/windows-8-ignored-enterprise-customers

Nice cherry picking, bro.

>You can remove all of the windows 10 upgrade files from 7 easily

I did that.
Then I lost my internet and had to get a new router.
As soon as she opened her laptop
>*BOOM*
the upgrade started. So she stopped it, rolled back to W7 and had problems.

I put W10 on and no problems since.

>telling them they have an option to upgrade for "muh gayman" while still staying on 7
>buzzwords spewing
fuck off kid, you barely know how to turn on mommy's computer

can't have dissent ever, right? everybody else outside of my randomly selected echo chamber of peers is shills and jews.
you're what's wrong with the internet, please go diaf.

what exactly did your article prove again?
i think you have no idea how businesses work.

Pajeet doesn't your cow worshiping faith look down on profanity?

And you still haven't found a use for the Shift key other than to make a >, which is ironic considering its above the fucking period, another key you so sorely neglect.

the truth has been spoken.

The Microsoft shilling is fucking weak in this thread. They're trying sure, but you can tell they're fighting the urge to go shit in the street.

>As soon as she opened her laptop
>>*BOOM*
>the upgrade started.
women and their stupid stories. i dindu nuffin, it jus storted. lol

Derp you know win10 is cracked like a motherfucker. Updates and shits alike free as always

>everybody who's tried both (and is not a retard like you) disagrees

>Major company keeps using old OS due to its trusted stability in the face of newer, less stable OS.

Fuck you dude.
I saw it happen.

Are you projecting or something kiddo? You know you have to be 18 to browse here right faggot?
In the meantime that thata way

baww bawww.
where's my safe space baww.

Sup Forums has become a disgrace.

Paid autists are mad. How much do you get paid for
1. Advertising Win10
2. Insulting those who don't like Win10

Poo in the loo pajeet. Not in the street. Please remember.

>this thing works fine so I don't see why I should upgrade to something better

Oh look you've put on your big boy pants and fucking used shift for a change. Good job, extra pudding cup for you!

No, I recently had a big issue with Windows 10.
Out of the blue it stopped working properly, Start menu, Cortana, basically all Windows' Apps, Sound and WiFi were not working.
Reinstalled without losing files twice and did nothing, ran powershell commands, dos commands and nothing.
Took me 2 days to make partitions to save my files and reinstall completely Windows.
I regret upgrading.

nice samefag kiddo, please go before i personally contact a mod to ban your underage self kiddo

Also:
infoworld.com/article/3043526/microsoft-windows/microsoft-upgraded-users-to-windows-10-without-their-ok.html

>it's happening

5 rupees per post specifically mentioning w10 and 10 for doing so while not using the designated shitting street.

What I'm worried about is Microsoft doing planned obsolescence shit and releasing updates that make Win7 run slower and make people want to pay to update to Win10

Windows sucks so much cock now a days, it's unbelieveable. Fuck Windows 10.

I use Windows 7 too, and the next time, I'm going to upgrade, I'll switch to Ubuntu or something.

Windows = shit

Wew, good instincts there kiddo. If you aren't tripping, don't try and guess.

can't even properly insult a white european...
this is like talking to a fish.

You're really fucking pathetic kid, try harder.
In the meantime, I'm off to get a mod to ban your underage self. Don't worry you can come back in a few years once you're 18.

Awww the brown boy is projecting his fantasy of European Caucasian heritage through lying on the internet.
>why would you do that pajeet
>lie on the internet
>I'll have a beef sausage for breakfast in your honor

How is it possible to be this wrong?

>if it aint broke dont fix it

Try again hajeed

i like to improve the world by spreading my positive experience about win8.1. never said anything about win10. never insulted anyone who didn't insult my intelligence with knee-jerk non-reflective MS bashing.

i've been in IT for 26 years kiddo. fuck off.

Global rule 7 pajeet

i honestly have seen no difference between 7, 8, or 10.

like literally no difference besides the "start" button thing.

I was a windows 8 hater but I like windows 10. It's not like windows 10 is nice right after you install it. I had to use some tweaks like winaero, windows 7 toolkit and some registry hacks to make it look and feel better. I made 'this PC' and the side pane look like in windows 7, reverted the volume control pop up to the old one, added the details pain on bottom (whytf did they remove it?) and various tweaks like that.

1/10

it's time to stop shitposting and get to your next class. i know the other kids are scary, but you should really go talk to them.

>hajeed
Hahaha you really are a fucking shill

By being in 'IT' is the it you're referring to a goats ass pajeet? Because that is way more believable.

Rule 2 Kiddo

>/got/ poster
redditor confirmed

8.1 and 10 have improved memory handling and are therefore more stable. SSD-based systems received some love in 8, so everything runs snappier.

the interface change is what makes most people dismiss anything past 7. if you give it a day, you'll get used to it. it's quite a non-issue.

What the fuck am I shilling, I'm telling people not to buy/upgrade anything.

Like what, 10 bux a month to use the start menu? Are you retarded?

Thanks for clarifying pajeet

I'm also doing that you fuckwit